New Protos are out there...who you gettin'?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars-wise, I may get R2 and 3PO, though I may also hold out for original film versions that are slightly different. Maybe the Snow Trooper, but not sure I want to go there.

Otherwise, Blitzway Ghostbusters, Marty and Doc from BTTF 2, Daredevil.

None ... not impressed with any of the new reveals.

Of course that's not true. It all looks amazing but I do want to keep my collection on the smaller side.

Definite:
R2-D2

Maybe:
Rey's Speeder
Gonk
Death Star Gunner
Luke TFA

My only interests are:

- 1/6 Blitzway Ghostbusters
- HT TFA Luke Skywalker
- HT BttF II Marty McFly (Edit: forgot to add as long as it comes with a new sculpt and not a recycle of the BttF one)
- HT BttF II Doc Brown

It all looks amazing but I do want to keep my collection on the smaller side.

Do what I'm doing... completely skip TFA and stay true to OT. It feels like such a huge weight lifted off of me since I decided not to bite down on anything TFA. Rey's speeder looks amazing tho! But hey.. think about how much happier you'll be when you have space for an AT-ST, Landspeeder, Millennium Falcon Cockpit, Sandcrawler, Snowspeeder, X-Wing, Star Destroyer deck, Trash Compactor room... etc. ;)

HT Luke and Han, maybe Rey in Resistance outfit. Possibly Harley Quinn if the movies good.

Edit: And Jack Burton! That's a must buy unless it turns out like Nathan Drake.....

Last edited:
Do what I'm doing... completely skip TFA and stay true to OT. It feels like such a huge weight lifted off of me since I decided not to bite down on anything TFA. Rey's speeder looks amazing tho! But hey.. think about how much happier you'll be when you have space for an AT-ST, Landspeeder, Millennium Falcon Cockpit, Sandcrawler, Snowspeeder, X-Wing, Star Destroyer deck, Trash Compactor room... etc. ;)

:lol I don't have room for anything. :( Even poor Spacetrooper is on the outs. I will say that I may liquidate some of the TFA stuff if it ever finds its way back near retail. I could live with just Rey and the speeder though. It wouldn't take up any detolf space. :lol

Getting hard to keep to a small collection with just the OT now. :lol

Seriously. Just the Hot Toys ANH figures alone could fill up a couple of detolfs.

The only definite for me is R2. Gonk droid possibly, depending on whether I want to turn my 12back collection into something larger. Everything else looks fantastic but if Kenner didn't make it between 1978 and 1983 I have a hard time relating to it. So no Death Star Trooper (will buy the helmet loose though to upgrade my DS Commander bash) or Death Star Gunner. I'm happy with the Tama 3PO and want to wait to see an OT Hot Toys 3PO.

"Look Sir Droids" Sandie - Definitely.
Jumptrooper - maybe
This new "Classic" Stormtrooper? - not sure, need to find out if its actually going to be released and see more pics.
R2 with a die cast dome....hmmm. Maybe.

I do want to keep my collection on the smaller side.

Maybe:
Rey's Speeder

I was definitely going to add a caveat, "most likely not" or something, but the truth is I decided to sell off my SS Scout and Speeder Bike, and also sold off a studio scale TIE Fighter that I had, so I do have room for a big vehicle. This is one of the few that I could realistically fit. The other being the Speeder Bike. Landspeeder too big and Snowspeeder way too big.

But I deserved that. :lol

I was definitely going to add a caveat, "most likely not" or something, but the truth is I decided to sell off my SS Scout and Speeder Bike, and also sold off a studio scale TIE Fighter that I had, so I do have room for a big vehicle. This is one of the few that I could realistically fit. The other being the Speeder Bike. Landspeeder too big and Snowspeeder way too big.

But I deserved that. :lol

A whole TIE? Wow! I wish I had room. Besides the Dewback, nothing screams Star Wars more that the bizarre TIE. I love it.

I really like Rey's ride too, but I just can't. It opens a whole new door.

Not sure what I'd want if I could have one large piece -- a vehicle. Always thought Speeder Bike because its small... but then you start thinking about the Landspeeder... and then the Falcon cockpit.... and before you know it you're thinking maybe I could get an AT-AT in here. :lol

So I go back to the Speeder bike... which I didn't get.

If there is a set I'll probably get R2 and C3PO. I was going to get the Sideshow R2 and 3PO, but I'm disappointed enough with how flimsy and cheap the SDCC unpainted R2 is that I'm probably holding off for the Hot Toys versions (may still get the Sideshow C3PO). Will also be preordering Dengar, Zuckuss, and Han Solo in carbonite.

Other figures/accessories I'm interested in are:
Millennium Falcon cockpit (if HT doesn't release this I will be very disappointed!)
Snowtrooper
Death Star Trooper
Death Star Gunner
Rey's Speeder
Death Star environment
Gonk

I'm not too crazy about TFA Luke, but I'll have to see if there are any accessories for him not shown at SDCC. That weathered stormtrooper looks cool too if that environment base is really the one it comes with. I didn't really care for stormtrooper Finn and the alternate sandtrooper.

I just hope Hot Toys does a couple runs of figures like Vader, Han, etc. for some second chances because... my Gawd... this showing at SDCC is panic-inducing. $$$

Back