NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, wish I had the confidence to move the armour myself. I agree about the lower half of the mask as well, I was thinking the same thing if it wasn't so long on the lower half it would look more per portioned.

Damn, it is amazing how that one little tweak changed the entire statue; great work. I had the ex in my cart SO many times but just couldn't get over that thigh armor. I am kind of glad that it sold out through Sideshow because your alterations may have pushed me to buy it just to have it modded.

It definitely helped, but the heads are still all kinds of wrong, just as they were on the P2 maquette. SSC seriously need to work on that issue going forward (finishing details in general) and they'd have a much better reception to their Predator statues.

I forgot about the portrait mod I'm working on... I've put the mandibles back on with blu tack as a place holder to see what it'll end up like. I'll likely shorten the mandibles a bit to again reduce the bobble look and may see what can be done reducing the over sized chin.
I had them opened up fairly well already with heat and using wedges, but I ended up cutting them off to get better access to resculpt the cut I made splitting the mandibles and to position them where I want a lot easier.
I also needed access to fix the crooked top left tooth. Do they all have this? My P2 had the same stupid defect on the upper teeth.

mc9w5I5.jpg

FYsixFs.jpg

8rOr020.jpg

oD2aypm.jpg

hQlGYiL.jpg

I forgot about the portrait mod I'm working on... I've put the mandibles back on with blu tack as a place holder to see what it'll end up like. I'll likely shorten the mandibles a bit to again reduce the bobble look and may see what can be done reducing the over sized chin.
I had them opened up fairly well already with heat and using wedges, but I ended up cutting them off to get better access to resculpt the cut I made splitting the mandibles and to position them where I want a lot easier.
I also needed access to fix the crooked top left tooth. Do they all have this? My P2 had the same stupid defect on the upper teeth.

Massive improvement HERE as well - amazing work. Please keep posting the W.I.P. mods.
thumb2.gif

BTW - the teeth on my P2 were fine.

I've got a week off work at the end of the month I'll finish it off then. Thanks for letting me know about the teeth on your P2

mc9w5I5.jpg

FYsixFs.jpg

8rOr020.jpg

oD2aypm.jpg

hQlGYiL.jpg

Yes good job man. This looks miles miles better. You fixed that stupid closed mouth and fixed the leg armour. Good job man. This seriously was a deal breaker for me personally. It makes his head look less narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this thread got dead real fast just checking did anybody get on the waitlist for the exclusive version mine just converted today feeling very happy I think

First try for who want the matching color for the custom Spine trophy .
now the right cord need to come .
in my opinion it would be look much better when replace the sideshow one and use the round leather .

1,5mm leather round will coming soon

32836868_1899171423706265_458080471394287616_n.jpgmorag-temple-106777.jpg

Oh geez... Well I guess they got the leg armour right for the statue afterall huh? It's clearly that way in the painting too!

No, not being serious. For those who seem to have trouble reading sarcasm.

So he killed all those, made them trophies, and torched the tree for everyone and the world will know his exact location?

Nice art print though.

Weird proportions, and a very bad attempt at his iconic mask. I always thought if they did a Predator, it would be my first print from them. But not this one....

Stuff looks great, no doubt about that. If I had this statue I would be hitting you up for some pieces. Are you planning to do a human skull by chance?

Back