NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've removed the thigh armour on mine. It's no easy task. I'll post pics later, I've had to resculpt it and painting is pending getting my lazy ass motivated. It repositions to the proper spot nicely and covers the existing peg hole. If I didn't have ocd I could of left it but I've filled it in and am going to paint it up as well
There's a small hole in the netting around the peg hole.
I tried initially to cut off the peg with a small hacksaw blade but it was taking forever so I drilled it out.
The armour piece is a thick cast it won't break easily
Well done! - that was really brave!

Glad to hear it's "do-able" and really looking forward to the WIP pics AND ESPECIALLY the finished item.

Seriously - very impressed that you've gone for this
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Any updates mate?

Got my new right arm (weak magnet) and unmasked portrait in a ups box in my car. Will check them out tonight. Ironically I am hoping to get the 1mm rare earth magnets I ordered 2 weeks ago. Either way, an arm and a portrait will get destroyed in the comkng days. Claw hammer is getting boring. Might burn these and see what happens!! Or take to a gun range and shoot them! Slow mo recording.

Got my new right arm (weak magnet) and unmasked portrait in a ups box in my car. Will check them out tonight. Ironically I am hoping to get the 1mm rare earth magnets I ordered 2 weeks ago. Either way, an arm and a portrait will get destroyed in the comkng days. Claw hammer is getting boring. Might burn these and see what happens!! Or take to a gun range and shoot them! Slow mo recording.

New unmasked portrait MUCH better!!

Glad to hear it mate :) is it loose at all?

A little but nothing like the original. i have already 'tweaked' the braids on the new one a little. Now that I have two portraits unmasked portraits in hand, I will attempt the hair dryer method to see if I can get it to sit even better. I will also put a strip or two of duct tape on back of peg like I did with the masked portrait. That made it very snug with zero wiggle.

A little but nothing like the original. i have already 'tweaked' the braids on the new one a little. Now that I have two portraits unmasked portraits in hand, I will attempt the hair dryer method to see if I can get it to sit even better. I will also put a strip or two of duct tape on back of peg like I did with the masked portrait. That made it very snug with zero wiggle.

Glad your replacement turned out better. Gives so much less worry to the piece in Year to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad your replacement turned out better. Gives so much less worry to the piece in Year to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I tried hair dryer with original portrait and was successfully moving moving braids (so easy) but portrait still way too loose. So confident I did hair dryer method with new portrait and made even more tight. Put 2 strips of duct tape on back of peg and that portrait is as tight if not tighter than the masked portrait. Busting up old parts today. Happy. And hung a “We’re Been Hunted” framed print behind my original PF and the new one (still using masked on new one. Lol).

You mean 'We're being hunteď like in Jurassic Park?...

Or this bit in Predators?...

Edwin: Excuse me. Just what the hell is going on here?

Royce: We're being hunted. The cages. The soldier. All of us. All brought here for the same purpose. This planet is a game preserve. And we're the game. In case you didn't notice, we just got flushed out. They sent the dogs in, just like you if you were stalking boar or shooting quail. They split us apart and they watched. Testing us.

Isabelle: How do you know this?

Royce: Because, that's what I would do.

Hardcore fan :rotfl

Sorry for the delay... here's pics of the thigh armor removed and replaced. I just have blu-tack holding it there for pic purposes.
The peg hole damage is marginally bigger than the actual peg hole due to me not knowing where I was drilling out with polystone dust everywhere, but the hole in the armour piece was quite small and not a big deal to resculpt.
I've filled the dumb ass ding in the helmet but pics don't show it.
I'm looking into altering the bio. Everything above the eyes is the right size, everything below is probably 30% too big which is why it's got a bobble head look.
Like the P2, they've made one mistake with proportions (the head) and then had the domino effect of everything else with the helmet being wrong because they ****ed that part up. :gah:

3sxIJJd.jpg

yKlniAZ.jpg

rghoEc6.jpg

Sorry for the delay... here's pics of the thigh armor removed and replaced. I just have blu-tack holding it there for pic purposes.
The peg hole damage is marginally bigger than the actual peg hole due to me not knowing where I was drilling out with polystone dust everywhere, but the hole in the armour piece was quite small and not a big deal to resculpt.
I'm looking into altering the bio. Everything above the eyes is the right size, everything below is probably 30% too big which is why it's got a bobble head look.
Like the P2, they've made one mistake with proportions (the head) and then had the domino effect of everything else with the helmet being wrong because they ****ed that part up. :gah:

3sxIJJd.jpg

yKlniAZ.jpg

rghoEc6.jpg

Outstanding! How much to come to Houston to fix my thigh armor!?

Amazing work mate - REALLY great :yess:

Just shows what someone who really knows the character and has a lot of determination/talent can do.

Well-done on the bio too - AND on your observations about the size. Spot-on (pun possibly intended).

Geezus - they could have hired (almost) any of us here on this thread and got better art-direction than they got from their paid staff.

Damn, it is amazing how that one little tweak changed the entire statue; great work. I had the ex in my cart SO many times but just couldn't get over that thigh armor. I am kind of glad that it sold out through Sideshow because your alterations may have pushed me to buy it just to have it modded.

Back