NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean I get what you're trying to say..... kind of. But I wouldn't even begin to compare this P1 to the Prime 1 Dog alien. That thing is leagues ahead in almost every way and I don't think it is even in question that it's the best Dog alien collectible ever made, even as subjective as that may be. Can you point out as more accurate example? Even the old Sideshow/ADI version which is considered a "grail" by many looks very aged next to the Prime 1 version. Yes there are different props, stunt and hero props etc. But you have to draw the line somewhere and most things do stay the same. Sideshow make silly little mistakes with their Predators consistently that cannot be explained away by variations in the studio props. I think this maquette is good, but like their P2 maquette which I do own and like, it could have been so much better. I don't think the Prime 1 Dog Alien could be improved much frankly, that's the big difference.

I'm not sure the last line applies to me so I'll ignore it, I only replied to you due to the Dog Alien comments...

Everything pales in comparison with the Prime 1 Dog Alien.

Funny you mention that...I played in bands since the late 80's....and years of headbanging has caught up with me. I go in for a spinal fusion in my neck this Wednesday. :slap

Seriously ?!?!?!? :horror

Geez bud - best of luck with the op. Sure everything will go well, hope you are up-and-about ASAP.

Please keep us posted that you're OK (when you're able).

So far... my faith with Prime 1 dropped by a lot after they delivered G1 Optimus that is much inferior to the prototype IMHO.

And my last reply (editted) is what happened when you tried to reply after few glasses and felt sleepy :monkey1 Arghhh.

Based on shots so far - I'd agree with you
thumb2.gif

Seems to be a perfect movie-accurate piece. Great expectations (met) indeed.

Bring on the Preds! :)

I’m sorry but who ever thinks that Dog Alien isn’t accurate needs to watch that movie again. I can’t fault anything about that P1 piece. It’s fantastic and so glad to be ordering the deluxe version of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just satire as most of the time we saw Dog in key scenes or on screen, except in full body shots which appear in split seconds, we saw him as THIS:

1276708_453415911444879_262772450_o.jpg

The right word about Prime 1, is that it's a hybrid representation of the rod puppet...

DragonRodPuppet.jpg

...And what we believe to be the "Dog". So it is not accurate to the "Dog" that has major screentime, but accurate to an overall representation of what movie tried to portrayed IMHO.

However, it's best we won't talk about this anymore since we're on JH maquette topic and I was :chug when I wrote that reply.

I totally agree. I know Ian thinks differently, but man...it just doesn't look right. Even the pic when the JH picks him up and they look face to face, the JH bio-mask isn't terribly larger than Dutches head. NOTHING like the difference in size between the 2 statues.

I know it isn't they made that predator tower over dutch he only was a bit bigger than him, I looked online and dutch was with the predator and he was smaller of course but not like the new one displays him. Anyways, no big deal really! Peace!

You say it as if you really believe that - yet you're STILL wrong :)

K - because it's you Jason - I'll be extra patient . . . :)

We are not talking about face sizes (we already know the Sideshow bio is oversized anyways). We are talking about height.

Look at all the photos shared a few pages back showing the relative sizes differences of KPH and Arnie.

Look at the screen shots from the movie - 1 of which is repeated below on far right (make sure you scroll on your phone to see it!)

Look up the heights of the characters and the statues. Then do the math.

End result - everything shows that they are in scale.

What's likely throwing some people (aside from stubbornness and a reluctance to admit they are wrong) is the crouched pose of the Sideshow Dutch makes him look shorter (as was pointed out by someone else back in those same posts) .

This is the same effect as if you posed a NECA Dutch figure with a Hot Toys Predator, it's too off in scale to really pull off correctly. IMHO (in maths honest opinion)

Just assembled mine this afternoon. Neither head will fit close enough to the base to prevent it from literally falling off if I let it go. I have been assembling these things for nearly 20 years from Sideshow and have never seen an issue this bad before. The dreads aren't cast correctly, they contact the shoulder weapon on his left side and the shoulder armor on the right side, both preventing the head from completely seating into the neck.

Attachments

• 20180220_164209.jpg
    20180220_164209.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 20180220_164222.jpg
    20180220_164222.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 20180220_164232.jpg
    20180220_164232.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Just assembled mine this afternoon. Neither head will fit close enough to the base to prevent it from literally falling off if I let it go. I have been assembling these things for nearly 20 years from Sideshow have have never seen an issue this bad before. The dreads aren't cast correctly, they contact the shoulder weapon on his left side and the shoulder armor on the right side, both preventing the head from completely seating into the neck.

Sorry to hear this - sucks when you've been looking forward to a piece so much (trust me - I know the feeling!)

Any idea what you'll do now?

PS: On the plus side - I really appreciated your avatar :)

Just assembled mine this afternoon. Neither head will fit close enough to the base to prevent it from literally falling off if I let it go. I have been assembling these things for nearly 20 years from Sideshow and have never seen an issue this bad before. The dreads aren't cast correctly, they contact the shoulder weapon on his left side and the shoulder armor on the right side, both preventing the head from completely seating into the neck.

Ouch!! That is a whole new set of problems.. SS can't make excuses on this one... Or can they?

You may contact SS right now or make a video about it. Looks like first batch of EX has around 1/10 chance to have such annoying neck/ weak magnet issue.

Is the dreads a hard plastic or a polystone? If it's a plastic, heating them with hairdryer may help.

I'd try heating the hell out of the dreads with a hairdrier and gently working them into proper position. Not saying it's acceptable, just a possible fix that's probably easier than an exchange.

Back