NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatever you guys are smoking, don't pass it here. Like I said, Dutch pf is waaaay off :wave

predator-lg.jpg314BE50500000578-0-image-m-10_1455658798974.jpg

Nice Jay.

I've got that print as well - I bought it to go with NECA's 1:4 (well - 20") Jungle Demon and then ended up NOT buying the NECA :lol

Still like the print though.

Haha, agreed. I’ve been waiting for a Pred poster forever and I was lucky enough to get one when they went up on Bottleneck last year. I actually just checked and it came out around this day last year and I just opened and hung mine up a few min ago.

Know any good Pred 2 art pieces out there?

whatever you guys are smoking, don't pass it here. Like I said, Dutch pf is waaaay off . . .

Sorry dude - you're normally pretty good at this but you're wrong on this one.

The posed shots you shared are not per the scales shown in the movie stills (Arnie's clearly on a box given the actors heights).

The scales & sizes of the Dutch PF are perfectly in-line with the new maquette.

I'll leave all the idiots & trolls (not meaning you bud) to play overnight - I'll catch up with you folks tomorrow
thumb2.gif

what do you mean? The 1/3 CM is way bigger than the SWS Pred. The Dutch pf is simply waaaaaay too short. Will only look decent next to the Neca Preds. I'm sure Prime will do one if they get the rights to Arnold.

I don't think SS Dutch is too short. Isn't Arnie 6' 2" guy? Plus that pf is half-crouching. It's Cinemaquette Predator's scale that is off. It's not 1/3. More like 1/2.5 because he's even bigger than CM Big Chap:

maxresdefault (2).jpg
download.jpg
Cr: rotting collector for the first/ armored collector for the second pic.

It was stated in CM site that CM Alien is 1:3 and his height in the movie was stated to be 8', then again Kevin Peter Hall's 7' 2" so even with suit, their heights should be around the same.

That's why, to me, every company's scale is kinda off except for Dutch vs Predator in Narin's The Encounter. But the bigger, the better anyway.

Haha, agreed. I’ve been waiting for a Pred poster forever and I was lucky enough to get one when they went up on Bottleneck last year. I actually just checked and it came out around this day last year and I just opened and hung mine up a few min ago.

Know any good Pred 2 art pieces out there?

AMAZINGLY there's bugger-all.

Given the fan base, any decent P2 print released now would be a guaranteed sell-out.

Especially if they were matched/paired to any of the existing quality P1 prints.

I'll ping you if I ever hear of anything.

AMAZINGLY there's bugger-all.

Given the fan base, any decent P2 print released now would be a guaranteed sell-out.

Especially if they were matched/paired to any of the existing quality P1 prints.

I'll ping you if I ever hear of anything.

I appreciate it, bud. I was hoping Sideshow would’ve released one in their litho line but I’ll just continue to be patient:lol

Scale really looks off. But, this thread has turned so sour, I don't want to take away from Jaws's enjoyment. I really enjoyed your review bud. I wish I had the same luck.

That's Ok my friend.. Its Headgate that made this thread sour.. Until then people seemed to be enjoying the new pics..

I did the same "tip" test you did and my unmasked head fell off easily also.. However the difference in your and mine seems to be that you could easily push it off when It was on the base.. Mine was a little more secure.

However If the unmasked head was my reason for owning this then I would be equally upset.. I was interested in the masked head and that one fits fine and is very stable.

Wish you could have found a better conclusion to your issues.. It sucks.. But like everyone is saying, there are a lot of other companies coming out with Predator products... I am sure there will be another.

But headgate sure turned this party south :(

Dutch sure is nice though :)

As expected - they look great together - and (as predicted) seem to be perfectly in scale.

I'm quite pleased I estimated the side-by-side accurately over a year ago :lol (middle shot)

Really happy for you bud!
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Thanks brother.. I think they look in scale also.. Arnie is crouching so it gives the illusion that he is smaller then he is.. You pics prove that all is well in 1/4 scale land.

Sorry dude - you're normally pretty good at this but you're wrong on this one.

The posed shots you shared are not per the scales shown in the movie stills (Arnie's clearly on a box given the actors heights).

The scales & sizes of the Dutch PF are perfectly in-line with the new maquette.

I'll leave all the idiots & trolls (not meaning you bud) to play overnight - I'll catch up with you folks tomorrow
thumb2.gif

I guess I was duped then. I AM WRONG!!!!!!!!! :slap

I don't think SS Dutch is too short. Isn't Arnie 6' 2" guy? Plus that pf is half-crouching. It's Cinemaquette Predator's scale that is off. It's not 1/3. More like 1/2.5 because he's even bigger than CM Big Chap:

View attachment 393515
View attachment 393518
Cr: rotting collector for the first/ armored collector for the second pic.

It was stated in CM site that CM Alien is 1:3 and his height in the movie was stated to be 8', then again Kevin Peter Hall's 7' 2" so even with suit, their heights should be around the same.

That's why, to me, every company's scale is kinda off except for Dutch vs Predator in Narin's The Encounter. But the bigger, the better anyway.

idk, I feel like the Alien is crouching more and his back isn't extended like the Pred. I used to have a couple full size Preds from the OG molds, and I believe the total height was 7'6 or 7'7, so it is pretty close.

Man even with these flaws this pred looks great! Him and dutch are in scale since in reality arnold is 6'2" and the predator was nearly 7'9"? so you have a foot and a half difference between them.

I passed on that Oliver Barrett print, I liked it, but I didn't love it enough to add to a growing stash that all need frames. Looking at your picture however, I think I made a mistake. It looks great!

EDIT: Just realised it's still showing as in stock at Bottleneck, how strange! And Hmmmmmm.....

I figured if after ~30 years, that was the best I could find. I’d “settle” for it until something better comes along because I just really wanted a cool P1 only poster:lol

Back