NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Accurate or not, it brought back my excitement to this piece. I feel the same way for the original Predator movie. It brings back good old memories and feels when I saw this movie the first time. Great close up shots of the statue also. If I get that piece without a loose head, I would be happy.

Hey guys, I did a quick video rant about the way SS handled this issue, and also to show how bad the issue is. I understand there are others that are okay with this, but I am not.

Ian- Please post this on Statue Forum . . .

Done bud - https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5568480#post5568480

And (once again) I'm REALLY sorry about how this was delivered AND how you were treated.

After the screw-ups on the sculpt/design, providing crappy QC & CS is just adding insult to injury.

Accurate or not, it brought back my excitement to this piece. I feel the same way for the original Predator movie. It brings back good old memories and feels when I saw this movie the first time. Great close up shots of the statue also. If I get that piece without a loose head, I would be happy.

As long as you think it's worth what you paid for it then THAT is what is important.

Saw this from the side as I was taking pics and I hope he doesn’t eventually start to lean forward. Anybody think that’ll be an issue?

Hey guys, I did a quick video rant about the way SS handled this issue, and also to show how bad the issue is. I understand there are others that are okay with this, but I am not.

Ian- Please post this on Statue Forum

100 Percent agree, first I love your videos, and I have had issues with side show customer service to where they bold faced lied to me and I called them out and they got so upset I caught them in that lie and told them how ****ed up the situation was that the manager just canceled my account. It actually was the best thing that happened because I buy from other companies and never looked back I can not remember a statue from ss where I was blown away, only one was last darth maul and I bought that exclusive pf from my friend with cape for 500 I got a huge deal from such a good friend. But back to the point, they don't care about customers no matter how much money you spend bud. But I tried everything with fail, tried to mail a letter to the upper pple and never heard back, I tried doing what ever was in my power to contact whom ever I can to do something and no one at side show ever gave two ****s, and still don't. The fact is pple just accept this and that is why side show always wins and pple buy their bs and accept the issues. I mean all statues should be like the iron studios vader quality should it not??? From side show they just don't give a crap and left out a pouch on the back the necklace skull isn't on it the front pads which already was an issue now the head. I have the old one and love it, so glad I have that because I would be disappointed with these issues, many will say these are nit picking but is it? You are shedding out 1300 on a statue, should it not be perfect and with that being said shouldn't side show do whatever is in their power to make the customer happy? No they don't I wish I recorded the phone call back in the day of how they handle customers. Anyways, this shouldn't be okay. But those pple will just let **** slide and ss will always win. PPle have told me too that it is to hard to get anyone to help you at ss from other companies I dealt with. So, sad to say we lose and they win. Unless, an up rise begins lol. "Are you ready for a WAR?" Lol brave heart their, anyways, just had comment I am glad brutal is seeing the true colors.

I agree man. Truth be told, this is the first time I have been personally treated this way by them. I have heard many stories like yours, but never experienced it myself. And again, with their LAME excuse, they did offer to replace it. But that's it, not a refund or a partial credit. Why would I want another one? I already swallowed a lot in keeping the Wolf bust, and that's solely because I love the sculpt and plan of repainting it myself at some point. At twice the price, this was the last straw.

And again, just stand back for a second and realize you are being asked to use modeling clay to hold your new $1,250 statue together, and tell me if you think that's even remotely acceptable.

I agree man. Truth be told, this is the first time I have been personally treated this way by them. I have heard many stories like yours, but never experienced it myself. And again, with their LAME excuse, they did offer to replace it. But that's it, not a refund or a partial credit. Why would I want another one? I already swallowed a lot in keeping the Wolf bust, and that's solely because I love the sculpt and plan of repainting it myself at some point. At twice the price, this was the last straw.

And again, just stand back for a second and realize you are being asked to use modeling clay to hold your new $1,250 statue together, and tell me if you think that's even remotely acceptable.

Well Brutal and this is my story many heard didn't give a ****. If you didn't read my past comments I will clue you in for all the rest disregard heavy metal spike please disregard and don't read because your tired of hearing this but some have not. But I pre ordered the p2 maquette and wasn't that happy with it but whatever, I kept it. But I find out a week maybe after I received it that side show gave a 20 percent discount came out to like 3 bills. I was like wtf that sucks, so like anyone would do I called them and told them about this discount and they denied it over and over I even showed posts and they denied it but then were like well only a few got it. I was like well then I want it, and they gave me that excuse that only certain ones were able to get it. I was irritate and told them I caught you guys in a lie and that is a ****ed up thing to do and immediately they band me, later they apologized but I was so upset I was like **** them. So, that was my story. You think I got shafted? Well, it sucked Later, I got a lot of backlash and saying I got what I deserved for using profanity but anyone in my position I believe would have done the same thing, I mean it was 300 dollars, but I could be wrong. My intention is not to call any one out but was just to tell you my story. I have a few others from other companies that told me of horror stories they had too but wasn't my story to tell. Anyways Brutal, I tried to do whatever I could to tell them that they don't treat good customers this way, I too have bought and spend thousands probably in the fifties on statues for them to just say fu your gone. I wish you luck Brutial and glad I your eyes are open. I mean I was in the military I would never treat anyone this way ever. I treated pple with integrity and respect. Well, take care I wish you all the best as everyone on here. Just happy to live in such a wonderful country minus ss lol!

Well Brutal and this is my story many heard didn't give a ****. If you didn't read my past comments I will clue you in for all the rest disregard heavy metal spike please disregard and don't read because your tired of hearing this but some have not. But I pre ordered the p2 maquette and wasn't that happy with it but whatever, I kept it. But I find out a week maybe after I received it that side show gave a 20 percent discount came out to like 3 bills. I was like wtf that sucks, so like anyone would do I called them and told them about this discount and they denied it over and over I even showed posts and they denied it but then were like well only a few got it. I was like well then I want it, and they gave me that excuse that only certain ones were able to get it. I was irritate and told them I caught you guys in a lie and that is a ****ed up thing to do and immediately they band me, later they apologized but I was so upset I was like **** them. So, that was my story. You think I got shafted? Well, it sucked Later, I got a lot of backlash and saying I got what I deserved for using profanity but anyone in my position I believe would have done the same thing, I mean it was 300 dollars, but I could be wrong. My intention is not to call any one out but was just to tell you my story. I have a few others from other companies that told me of horror stories they had too but wasn't my story to tell. Anyways Brutal, I tried to do whatever I could to tell them that they don't treat good customers this way, I too have bought and spend thousands probably in the fifties on statues for them to just say fu your gone. I wish you luck Brutial and glad I your eyes are open. I mean I was in the military I would never treat anyone this way ever. I treated pple with integrity and respect. Well, take care I wish you all the best as everyone on here. Just happy to live in such a wonderful country minus ss lol!

But you always miss out the real reasons they got upset with you . . .

. . . they told us you got their names wrong, your spelling was terrible, and you didn't use paragraphs :)

But you always miss out the real reasons they got upset with you . . .

. . . they told us you got their names wrong, your spelling was terrible, and you didn't use paragraphs :)

Im confused names wrong? Paragraphs? Like my grammar was bad. Well, at the time I was so upset maybe I didn't flow my bad! But I was just upset dawg! Just the situation was messed up. Real reasons?

That p2 discount code floating around over a year ago really hit a sore spot I see...lol

There are some legitimate grips people have with this but for sure the weight thing is the most rediculous one. Yes polystone statues might weight a ton if solid but custome stuff just isnt going to be nearly as heavy and generally is far superior to mass produced statues.

That p2 discount code floating around over a year ago really hit a sore spot I see...lol

There are some legitimate grips people have with this but for sure the weight thing is the most rediculous one. Yes polystone statues might weight a ton if solid but custome stuff just isnt going to be nearly as heavy and generally is far superior to mass produced statues.

Darb I mean no disrespect to anyone man, that isn't who I am I mean to drop this. I am just sad that similar situations happened Brutial. Even spike I have no disrespect, I am just starting to hear a trend on some pples comments and that sucks. Anyways, we all may live in different areas but we are all human and should respect pple. So, I have nothing but respect for all!

Ian- Please post this on Statue Forum

All I can say is big respect for speaking your mind on this. As I’m sure there are a few that don’t understand that this piece isn’t cheap. It also blows my mind that the response from Sideshow is really diabolical. There is clearly a major problem with the magnets being used or the fittings. They should at least apologise for that email also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This actually looks nice in some aspects in Jaws video. 20% more effort to really correct & refine it would have seen it become a really nice statue I think. Why this doesn't seem to happen with the Predators I don't know. As it is, this is okay, like the preceding P2 maquette which also had bags of potential that wasn't quite fully met sadly.

One thing I do wonder however is why they didn't just reuse the bio mask from their original Sideshow/SWS maquette? It was scanned from the original and is a beautiful little thing. Would have saved time and money sculpting another also so I guess there is some reason for it, licensing from SWS maybe?

lTmG74j.jpg

One thing I do wonder however is why they didn't just reuse the bio mask from their original Sideshow/SWS maquette? It was scanned from the original and is a beautiful little thing. Would have saved time and money sculpting another also so I guess there is some reason for it, licensing from SWS maybe?

lTmG74j.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Different artists and sculptors same team behind Predator 2 is behind this one Viggianno Studios. Stan Winston Studios was behind this one!

Different artists and sculptors same team behind Predator 2 is behind this one Viggianno Studios. Stan Winston Studios was behind this one! [/QUOT]

I am fully aware of this. My point was that the same company is re-making a character that they have made before in the same scale. The previous one having access to fully accurate armour elements including the mask. The new team presumably could have made use of some of these elements again (the mask especially) while still making a new and different product. Doing so would have undoubtedly improved their own project as you can't better the SWS originals. As is evident by the new maquette.

I am fully aware of this. My point was that the same company is re-making a character that they have made before in the same scale. The previous one having access to fully accurate armour elements including the mask. The new team presumably could have made use of some of these elements again (the mask especially) while still making a new and different product. Doing so would have undoubtedly improved their own project as you can't better the SWS originals. As is evident by the new maquette.

They just wouldn’t do that. Artist tend to have their own interpretations. I agree that the SWS masked head is flawless. Which is the one I will always judge others. I would rather now just get XM Studios Predator at least that’s an original idea from Narrin

They just wouldn’t do that. Artist tend to have their own interpretations. I agree that the SWS masked head is flawless. Which is the one I will always judge others. I would rather now just get XM Studios Predator at least that’s an original idea from Narrin

I would imagine their aim is to make this as close to the real character as possible? Well Sideshow already have access to the perfect bio mask in 1/4 (and presumably the ability to resize it unless SWS retained the scanned info? Maybe they did in fact as the SSC 1:1 P1 mask was fairly off) there is no need for interpretation as anything else is worse in this case. They would still have plenty left to do in which to mark their own stamp. This is all I'm wondering...

Back