NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And wrapping teflon tape around the joint? Like when you fix pipe drain?

View attachment 392080

That may work, but I think a proper magnet would be a better fix.

This is just crazy mate for the money this thing costs ! ...... In the chat they said if mine as a issue they will deal with it after shipping.
That is just crazy when I am in the UK , you would of thought they would address this now instead of waiting for them to ship around the world to unhappy customers.
Yeah, I don't get it. Especially since they have to eat the shipping costs when you return it. Why not just QC it before it ships???

Well I have just this minute been online chatting to Sideshow about the loose head issue and quite frankly dismayed in the lack of interest shown by the agent over the issue.
Here is my chat log and the lack of interest shown by the agent , even the same woman I chatted to yesterday about the problem as well.
SHOCKING LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT !

Yesterdays chat log below :-
Chat started: 2018-02-06 10:18 PM UTC

(10:18:04 PM) Karl Luinen: Hi
Can you please advise what is happening in regards to the issue with the jungle predator and the loose heads with the magnets ?
(10:19:36 PM) Sideshow Support: Hang tight, we're running a bit slower than normal. Thanks for your patience!
(10:20:23 PM) Karl Luinen: The statue is an awful lot of money to have these issues which could have a big problem. A few people have emailed in about the issue and sent videos showing the issue. I hope mine is fixed before shipment in a months time as this is unacceptable.
(10:21:42 PM) *** Kimberly joined the chat ***
(10:23:11 PM) Kimberly: Hi there, Karl. Thank you for reaching out to us. If there is any issue with your item when it arrives, please let our replacement team know so that they can address that for you. As I have not heard of the issue, I cannot say if the issue is wide spread and effecting all shipments or just a small batch of items. If it is wide spread, they usually attempt to address that issue if all batches have not yet been made. If if is not wide spread, then our replacement team handles it on a one on one case :)
(10:24:07 PM) Karl Luinen: it is being reported in a lot of cases on sideshow freaks forum and from people on facebook posting videos
(10:24:22 PM) Karl Luinen: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../166541-predator-1-maquette-sideshow-260.html
(10:25:03 PM) Karl Luinen: here is the issue , can you imagine that falling and breaking ... your whole statue is wrecked
(10:25:37 PM) Kimberly: I understand your concern, Karl. I am sure the production team is looking into it :)
(10:27:03 PM) Karl Luinen: I hope so Kimberly otherwise you will be having a lot of angry customers ... can you please report this issue ... it seems the unmasked head is not fitting properly and the magnets are very weak to hold the head in place.
(10:27:54 PM) Kimberly: I will pass that along to the correct department for you :)
(10:27:58 PM) Karl Luinen: I alone have read 4 cases of it today on different sites
(10:28:27 PM) Karl Luinen: Luckily mine is not due for another month so hope it gets looked into in time
(10:29:28 PM) Karl Luinen: I shudder to think what damage will incur if it fell off with the slighest touch as shown in the video
(10:30:05 PM) Karl Luinen: Thank you Kimberly the issue needs looking at asap.
(10:31:01 PM) Kimberly: You are very welcome!
(10:31:03 PM) Kimberly: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
(10:31:31 PM) Karl Luinen: no thank you , just very concerned as this item is costing me over £1000
(10:31:42 PM) Kimberly: Have a Marvel-ous day! Thanks for using live chat.

And todays chat log : -

Chat started: 2018-02-07 04:31 PM UTC

(04:31:46 PM) Karl Luinen: Good morning

(04:31:49 PM) *** Kimberly joined the chat ***
(04:31:53 PM) Kimberly: Hi there! How can we assist you today?
(04:32:14 PM) Karl Luinen: Hi Kimberly we chatted yesterday I believe
(04:32:32 PM) Karl Luinen: About the issue with the predator figure
(04:33:05 PM) Kimberly: How can I assist you with that today, Karl?
(04:34:10 PM) Karl Luinen: Well after doing a lot of research last night on the forums and looking at videos on youtube it really upsets me to see the problem is affecting a lot of customers who already have the statue.
(04:34:55 PM) Karl Luinen: Would you kindly take just 60 seconds of your time and look at this youtube video from 7 mins.
(04:35:18 PM) Karl Luinen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNsrcrO9zt4&feature=youtu.be
(04:36:08 PM) Kimberly: How can I help you with your order, Karl? Did you wish to cancel?
(04:36:17 PM) Karl Luinen: It is clearly a design flaw that needs looking into urgently before these start shipping around the world to unhappy customers.
(04:36:45 PM) Karl Luinen: No I dont to be honest as I have been waiting nearly a year for this to release
(04:37:43 PM) Kimberly: I can certainly pass along your feedback for you to the correct departments. However, there is nothing that I can currently personally do :)
(04:37:49 PM) Karl Luinen: in the video above at 7 mins that is a serious issue Kimberly that quality control needs to address urgently do you not agree ?
(04:38:27 PM) Karl Luinen: These are made in the far east are they not ?
(04:40:54 PM) Kimberly: All items are designed here at HQ. Though, as we are a very small team, we cannot produce the thousands of items in house. We do have production areas and warehouses in Hong Kong. As I have said, I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments. However, as a support agent, I have no control over the actual production so cannot offer you any personal fixes at this time. All I can do is add your feedback to that of other customers for the review of our production team who are the ones who would be able to review that information :)
(04:42:10 PM) Karl Luinen: Please do this as an urgent memo , it beggars belief how these can continue to be shipped out with heads that literally just fall off with the minimum effort.
(04:42:36 PM) Kimberly: I will pass that along for you.
(04:42:38 PM) Kimberly: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
(04:43:19 PM) Karl Luinen: No thank you , please look also at the number of compliants on sideshow freaks forum about this as well.
(04:43:29 PM) Kimberly: Have a Marvel-ous day! Thanks for using live chat.

Yeah, they're just blowing you off. From reading that, it looks like she just didn't want to deal with your concerns. But, they may have been told to handle this issue that way for now.

Again, this problem is exacerbated by the weight of the head, and the angle of the neck. If it was a vertical socket, most might not even notice the issue.

Yeah, they're just blowing you off. From reading that, it looks like she just didn't want to deal with your concerns. But, they may have been told to handle this issue that way for now.

Again, this problem is exacerbated by the weight of the head, and the angle of the neck. If it was a vertical socket, most might not even notice the issue.

Bad design upon bad design my friend.

Based on the reports back so far, I do forsee a few $50-$80 "Sideshow credit" offers going out from customer service . . .

. . . followed by a 10% discount for new buyers . . .

. . . then with free shipping . . .

. . . then a 20% "overnight Collectorcol special” discount . . .

. . . then a free Wolf LSB with every purchase.​

Because_Sideshow_04_meme.jpg
Because_Sideshow_02_meme.jpg

It seems a lot of people didn't learn jack squat from the Wolf LSB fiasco. Full you once, shame on them, twice, shame on you.......c'mon people

It seems a lot of people didn't learn jack squat from the Wolf LSB fiasco. Full you once, shame on them, twice, shame on you.......c'mon people

I was one of those people, but my main issue with the Wolf was that it was made from foam filled plastic. I figured this would be different since it was made from Poly, and has significant weight to it. I don't think people can be faulted for not foreseeing the head falling off of it. LOL

To be VERY fair though, Sideshow have a LONG track record of bad design & bad delivery - particularly with the Predator & Alien franchises.

I'm not surprised at this at-all.

But I DO feel bad for you folks - and I understand the lengths we will go to to kid ourselves that "maybe THIS one will be alright".

Sideshow are a hard habit to break . . . especially when they are the only game in town for certain franchise/scale combinations.

I am VERY tempted to return it and get the Dog Alien. I just don't have a place for it since the base is so big...I am already going to have to figure out something for the Queen.

I am VERY tempted to return it and get the Dog Alien. I just don't have a place for it since the base is so big...I am already going to have to figure out something for the Queen.

It's faulty so they should credit you EVERYTHING back.

Then just wait a while - no need to rush order.

Yes, the Dog Alien IS huge, and PRIME1's Predator pieces will be too - but with those you will get better design and quality.

You settled for less with the Wolf LSB, but at least that was an amazing sculpt. THIS - not so much.

I’m probably not getting the dog anymore, but I think you should definitely grab it instead of this Predator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just canceled my EX... Wasn´t sure if I should keep the order before I even knew about this issue

I was one of those people, but my main issue with the Wolf was that it was made from foam filled plastic. I figured this would be different since it was made from Poly, and has significant weight to it. I don't think people can be faulted for not foreseeing the head falling off of it. LOL

To be VERY fair though, Sideshow have a LONG track record of bad design & bad delivery - particularly with the Predator & Alien franchises.

I'm not surprised at this at-all.

But I DO feel bad for you folks - and I understand the lengths we will go to to kid ourselves that "maybe THIS one will be alright".

Sideshow are a hard habit to break . . . especially when they are the only game in town for certain franchise/scale combinations.

true, and don't get me wrong, I don't hate SS by any means, I just don't buy from them very often any more, and the things I do buy don't usually stay in my collection because I have high standards these days. I still feel bad for people, but there are more than a few of us who keep telling people to wait for in hand pics and reviews at least, so you don't have to deal with the headache that almost always comes with their statues. Seems like most don't listen though. This has been a issue for years. Even the Wolf LSF had major issues and that's touted as a "grail" by many.

Yeesh I had the chance to cancel Friday but it’s not like the helmeted version is something I don’t like but this thing basically pays my Megatron off. Like all of us to spend $1200 wait a year and get a head that falls off is so disappointing.

So what’s the rule? If I open it and complain about the head falling off I have to pay return shipping? Do I have to refuse delivery?

Maybe I’ll ask SS to be sure.

This loose head issue is terrible...
It’s like Sideshow seriously never looked at this thing beyond the initial sculpt.
Just another QC issue that won’t be addressed...

Well had another chat this time with a different agent and here is the response.
I now have plenty of ammo if mine comes with a loose head socket and problem magnets to obtain a full refund.

Chat started: 2018-02-07 07:05 PM UTC

(07:05:59 PM) Karl Luinen: Hi
How come I get the feeling that customer services does not value a good customer ?
(07:07:31 PM) Sideshow Support: Hang tight, we're running a bit slower than normal. Thanks for your patience!
(07:12:50 PM) *** Agali joined the chat ***
(07:12:54 PM) Agali: Hello Karl
(07:13:01 PM) Karl Luinen: hello pal
(07:13:15 PM) Agali: Oh no I am so sorry you feel that way, is there something we can help with?
(07:14:20 PM) Karl Luinen: well i have chatted twice now with Kimberly over an issue with the new jungle hunter predator and i felt that she wanted me off chat as soon as possible and had zero interest in my issue raised.
(07:15:50 PM) Agali: I'm sorry you had a bad experience in your previous chat, but I am more than happy to try and assist you with your concerns.
(07:15:56 PM) Agali: Do you have an order number I can reference?
(07:15:59 PM) Karl Luinen: There is a known issue with the heads falling off the statue due to them not sitting correctly with the dreads preventing the magnets from making proper contact.
(07:16:43 PM) Karl Luinen: Would you be so kind as to look at this video from youtube at the 7 min mark it explains the concerns.
(07:16:56 PM) Karl Luinen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNsrcrO9zt4&feature=youtu.be
(07:17:45 PM) Karl Luinen: There is a few people with the issue and I was hoping they would correct this as urgent before these start shipping around the world
(07:19:30 PM) Karl Luinen: Mine is nearly ready to ship next month and clearly hope the design flaw is fixed by then mate. After all this is an expensive item and will cost a fortune to return if mine is like this on arrival.
(07:21:22 PM) Karl Luinen: Can you imagine the slightest touch and the head falls off and breaks the jaw or dreads , the whole figure is trashed.
(07:23:25 PM) Agali: I understand your concern especially with your statue about to ship. We are aware of the reports being made on the forums, and are doing our best to assist the customers who contact us directly. If you'd like, we can inspect your item before it ships out to make sure it is okay and does not have the same flaw. I cannot confirm that every single one will have this issue.
(07:25:22 PM) Karl Luinen: All i want is for the magnets to properly grip the head and it will sit correctly in it's socket as designed ... the unmasked scuplt seems to be the worst offender. The issue is the head is heavy and it's tilted downwards so a slight touch behind the head like in the video and it's goodbye to an expensive statue.
(07:26:22 PM) Agali: Then we can certainly check for weak magnets. Once you receive and believe the issue i still there, please contact us and we can assist you further.
(07:27:01 PM) Karl Luinen: Is it not easier for QC to make sure these are ok before shipment to customers ?
(07:27:37 PM) Karl Luinen: I am in the UK and the cost to ship this will be very expensive if it is a bad one.
(07:28:33 PM) Karl Luinen: I appreciate it more if you would alert the design team about this and link them to the video.
(07:29:53 PM) Karl Luinen: Did you watch the little clip i sent to you ?
(07:29:55 PM) Agali: They have already been created and shipped to us so it is too late, and we cannot re-make the statue without a year delay I apologize. Kimberly has already forward that information over to our management and production team, so they are aware, and as mentioned we keep eyes on the forums as well.
(07:30:39 PM) Agali: Do you have an order number I can reference to notate your order?
(07:30:51 PM) Karl Luinen: I hope they are all not like this because i have waited a yr for this item.
(07:32:16 PM) Karl Luinen: Infact are these ready to ship if i paid my final payment early ?
(07:33:03 PM) Agali: Thank you, I will notate your order now to be inspected before shipment. It is slowly arriving, but we are waiting for the remaining batches to arrive in our warehouse.
(07:33:41 PM) Karl Luinen: ok can you please ensure that it is checked before then thank you.
(07:34:12 PM) Agali: Yes of course! It has already been notated! :)
(07:34:25 PM) Karl Luinen: Are these sent from hong kong , you are in california are you not ?
(07:35:33 PM) Agali: We are, your order is set to ship from our Warehouse in Hong Kong, but if we are going to inspect it, it needs to be inspected in our warehouse here and then shipped out. So your Jungle Hunter will be shipped form here in California.
(07:37:04 PM) Karl Luinen: ok that is fine then , i just do not want any hassle with a figure so expensive .... as you know the magnets have a nice grip to them. All my other premium figures they are nice and strong on leatherface etc
(07:38:09 PM) Agali: We certainly agree with you, the heads should not be falling off that easily and should be supported, so we will be inspecting it to make sure it is okay.
(07:38:24 PM) Karl Luinen: did you look at the clip on youtube ?
(07:38:41 PM) Agali: Yes we have viewed it a few times.
(07:39:01 PM) Karl Luinen: ok brill and i feel alot better now.
(07:40:16 PM) Agali: That makes me very happy to hear! I apologize again for the previous chats, but glad we were able to ease your mind about your statue. :)
(07:40:27 PM) Karl Luinen: I was so annoyed earlier that i posted the copy of my chat over on sideshow freaks forums. Also there is a few people all with the same issue.
(07:41:05 PM) Karl Luinen: I hope you view the forums as it's getting very heated over this figure.
(07:41:54 PM) Karl Luinen: If you read back a few pages from this link you will see the upset this is causing.
(07:41:59 PM) Karl Luinen: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../166541-predator-1-maquette-sideshow-264.html
(07:42:50 PM) Karl Luinen: Anyway thank you for your help Agali and look forward to getting a good one sent to me i hope.
(07:43:07 PM) Agali: You are very welcome, happy I was able to assist you!
(07:43:09 PM) Agali: Is there anything else we can help you with?
(07:43:17 PM) Karl Luinen: no fine thanks mate
(07:43:25 PM) Karl Luinen: bye for now.
(07:43:27 PM) Agali: Thank you so much for contacting us and have a wonderful day!
(07:43:42 PM) *** Agali left the chat ***

Back