NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well - we could compare the rise of Judeo-Christianity vs. the decline of the Roman Empire - but we did that last week on another website.

(* plus the lighting wasn't good on the unboxing for that one - candles & torches at fault AGAIN *)​

Ok-Meme.jpg

The price is what it is. No one is making a 1/4 Predator maquette with a price less than that right now. Prime 1's predator will be coming up so that would be the next big thing. A discount in the future is also possible.

No gap . . . but that's how they've always been on Sideshow's portrait.

2017-12-18_Unmasked_portrait_evolving.jpg

To be fair to them - the production paint isn't AWFUL.

Those orange polka-dots are a shame, the tone of the colours is out, and the detailing is a bit lax, but overall, for a mass-produced piece, it isn't as bad as some of Sideshow's previous efforts.

Given that the paint tone will be out on the entire piece, it will at least be consistent. Also, people won't be displaying it next to the prototype OR production photos, so (unless the sculpt has bugged you from the start) it'll likely look acceptable to those that always wanted to buy it.

Time for Role reversal Spike :lol

I hate the paint apps on the production piece.. I personally think it looks like one of SSC worst..

I do think it there is a good chance that it is due to the lighting though.

I hate the paint apps on the production piece.. I personally think it looks like one of SSC worst..

people still bought and kept the Wolf LSB, so paint apps don't seem to deter all the buyers as much as we'd think.

LOL - stick with it dude - hopefully it'll look OK to you when it turns up.

As you know - the size of these things adds a "certain something" when they are in-hand (why does that sound like like a quote from a "Carry-On" movie
eusa_think.gif
)

people still bought and kept the Wolf LSB, so paint apps don't seem to deter all the buyers as much as we'd think.

You're right - look at how many of us kept the P2 LSB's with that god-awful crown stenciling :lol

I think about 1/10 of the folks on here & Statue Forum kept their Wolf LSB's - but that was more due to the cheapo-plastic they used.

It is so ridiculous that Neca still beat the hell out of Sideshow's 1300 dollar maquette sculpt wise. :rotfl :rotfl Also cheaper to customize and overall will look 10 times better...:rotfl

LOL.

Well - as long as you like it (and think it's worth the money) when it turns up - that's what's important.

Very true. I know you guys have your issues with the piece, and to be honest you're not wrong. And I do realize that by buying it I only help encourage SS's lack of care for price and quality, but ultimately it is my collection and I find it a worthy piece to add to it. Plus my bonus covered the balance of the piece so I look at it as a freebie. LOL

Very true. I know you guys have your issues with the piece, and to be honest you're not wrong. And I do realize that by buying it I only help encourage SS's lack of care for price and quality, but ultimately it is my collection and I find it a worthy piece to add to it. Plus my bonus covered the balance of the piece so I look at it as a freebie. LOL

Ya but why not wait till prime one, I bet they will knock the predator out of the park. I bet a lot cheaper too, but to each their own. I am excited to see what they come up with!!

Prime 1 won't be doing a Jungle Hunter for a long time, and when they do it'll be 1:3 And more expensive than this. I still plan to get it though if it turns out amazing :)

Why argue over it? We all know everyone that’s bitching about it has only ever purchased perfectly sculpted replicas with perfect paint applications.

If it really was all about our own opinions then the same people wouldn’t keep posting rebuttals to anyone who dare say they like it. It is true that it’s only important if you like it which I happen to and really DGAF what others think but it does get old reading the same posts and how NECA blows it away for $25. Sorry but if I want a piece of plastic I’ll order one.

I will say I’m a huge NECA fan so it’s no shot at NECA. All my NECA pieces are nice.

I’m just not sure if posting the same criticism 100 times is really turning the tide. It hasn’t changed my opinion. I’m pretty sure 100% of those that ordered the piece don’t care if it’s screen accurate and 100% just like it as is.

It’s not the best and it’s not as bad as the bashers hoped. It looks decent and I’ll buy the PRIME 1 version as well if it’s nice. I know you can’t buy much these days without having to hear what a POS it is. You can’t enjoy your purchase without people trying so hard to make you feel like **** or an idiot. If it sux I’ll send it back but I think it will look fine. As someone who is no Pred buff I will surely like it very much.(minus the thigh) that really is the only part I hate but I love his pose like yeah bytch I ripped this spine out... sup you next?

Why argue over it? We all know everyone that’s bitching about it has only ever purchased perfectly sculpted replicas with perfect paint applications.

If it really was all about our own opinions then the same people wouldn’t keep posting rebuttals to anyone who dare say they like it. It is true that it’s only important if you like it which I happen to and really DGAF what others think but it does get old reading the same posts and how NECA blows it away for $25. Sorry but if I want a piece of plastic I’ll order one.

I will say I’m a huge NECA fan so it’s no shot at NECA. All my NECA pieces are nice.

I’m just not sure if posting the same criticism 100 times is really turning the tide. It hasn’t changed my opinion. I’m pretty sure 100% of those that ordered the piece don’t care if it’s screen accurate and 100% just like it as is.

It’s not the best and it’s not as bad as the bashers hoped. It looks decent and I’ll buy the PRIME 1 version as well if it’s nice. I know you can’t buy much these days without having to hear what a POS it is. You can’t enjoy your purchase without people trying so hard to make you feel like **** or an idiot. If it sux I’ll send it back but I think it will look fine. As someone who is no Pred buff I will surely like it very much.(minus the thigh) that really is the only part I hate but I love his pose like yeah bytch I ripped this spine out... sup you next?

I agree if you like a piece buy it and don't listen to what anyone else says. I know for myself I will make comments good or bad but certainly do not try and hurt anyone for choosing to buy something they like. Sometimes when I am being critical about something I just hope somewhere that company's such as ssc are out there reading and trying to make changes for the better to please more customers as unfortunately it seems they have been cutting some corners lately. And when true fans of a character make fair points they might be willing to listen and try to make for a better change.

Back