NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the guy that's defended the piece OVER 100 times :)

I never defend the mistakes of the thigh and I can’t defend inaccuracies but I defend the fact I like it, you gotta give me that :) plus I’m always defending it against the same 3 people :)

On top of that I bought it so of course I gotta stand behind why eveytime the same thing is said 100 times

All valid point phastroh I agree

I agree if you like a piece buy it and don't listen to what anyone else says. I know for myself I will make comments good or bad but certainly do not try and hurt anyone for choosing to buy something they like. Sometimes when I am being critical about something I just hope somewhere that company's such as ssc are out there reading and trying to make changes for the better to please more customers as unfortunately it seems they have been cutting some corners lately. And when true fans of a character make fair points they might be willing to listen and try to make for a better change.

Agreed

I bought it because I like it. It's my wallet and others aren't going to dictate what I collect. I feel like while Spike does not like the piece, he at least understands and respects that. To others - if you don't like the piece, and feel like criticizing it, that's fine. That's what this board is for. And again, I feel like we are all in agreement with it's flaws. But, NO ONE should be ragged on or bullied because they are purchasing it. That's ridiculous. We are adults that share the same love of collecting. Seeing how most of the general public doesn't understand our passion, we should at least support each other.

That aside, when Prime 1 releases a Predator statue, I will buy that as well assuming I like it and the price is right for me.

Well said Phastroh. I've made the same points in the past for the same reasons, but I've given up now as people continue to do the same thing anyway, and it's usually the same people who had no intention of buying the piece from day 1 anyway, so I don't see the point. Whatever though, it doesn't phase me, I just think it's not nice to make people second guess their purchase or make them feel bad about it.

I'm a huge fan of this movie, but I'm not a nerd when it comes to the details of the suit. I still think it'll display well despite its shortcomings, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about really...is it going to look awesome on the shelf.

Well said Phastroh. I've made the same points in the past for the same reasons, but I've given up now as people continue to do the same thing anyway, and it's usually the same people who had no intention of buying the piece from day 1 anyway, so I don't see the point. Whatever though, it doesn't phase me, I just think it's not nice to make people second guess their purchase or make them feel bad about it.

I'm a huge fan of this movie, but I'm not a nerd when it comes to the details of the suit. I still think it'll display well despite its shortcomings, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about really...is it going to look awesome on the shelf.

Thanks! I own a Prime 1 TLK Optimus and yes I know it is perfection and if you see my POs there’s plenty of more coming but I’m just as excited to get this Predator. I just see a cool piece that’s gonna look cool on my shelf. I still have the mini ferns I use around my SS Speederbike and 2 Scouts so I’m hoping it looks cool to even place around the base to give it some extra foliage.

I just think he’s gonna look neat and I’m excited.

Honestly the only problem that still stands out to me about this piece is the way the positioning of the leg armor looks on that one side. One. Negative. Point.

I bought it because I like it. It's my wallet and others aren't going to dictate what I collect. I feel like while Spike does not like the piece, he at least understands and respects that. To others - if you don't like the piece, and feel like criticizing it, that's fine. That's what this board is for. And again, I feel like we are all in agreement with it's flaws. But, NO ONE should be ragged on or bullied because they are purchasing it. That's ridiculous. We are adults that share the same love of collecting. Seeing how most of the general public doesn't understand our passion, we should at least support each other.

That aside, when Prime 1 releases a Predator statue, I will buy that as well assuming I like it and the price is right for me.

I agree 100% (well - except for that Spike dude - he's an arrogant ass who knows nothing about the franchise or art-direction).

Unfortunately, some people enjoy taking subtle jabs at others, or are passive-aggressive . . . and some people are downright rude.

Of course - that's likely to make some folks want to respond (sometimes what the original poster wanted anyways).

Other times people misunderstand attempts at humour - or just don't HAVE a sense-of-humour.

There's also those that say stuff that's downright stupid - so they (IMO) deserve everything they get in return :)

(* the above statements are not a subtle jab OR me being passive-aggressive or rude - but MAY be an attempt at humour or stupidity :wink1: *)

I agree 100% (well - except for that Spike dude - he's an arrogant ass who knows nothing about the franchise or art-direction).

Unfortunately, some people enjoy taking subtle jabs at others, or are passive-aggressive . . . and some people are downright rude.

Of course - that's likely to make some folks want to respond (sometimes what the original poster wanted anyways).

Other times people misunderstand attempts at humour - or just don't HAVE a sense-of-humour.

There's also those that say stuff that's downright stupid - so they (IMO) deserve everything they get in return :)

(* the above statements are not a subtle jab OR me being passive-aggressive or rude - but MAY be an attempt at humour or stupidity :wink1: *)

You always make me LOL

Lets just hope this Predator from sideshow doesn't actually arrive plastic like some of their latest stuff lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is very valid. :gah:

Why argue over it? We all know everyone that’s bitching about it has only ever purchased perfectly sculpted replicas with perfect paint applications.

If it really was all about our own opinions then the same people wouldn’t keep posting rebuttals to anyone who dare say they like it. It is true that it’s only important if you like it which I happen to and really DGAF what others think but it does get old reading the same posts and how NECA blows it away for $25. Sorry but if I want a piece of plastic I’ll order one.

I will say I’m a huge NECA fan so it’s no shot at NECA. All my NECA pieces are nice.

I’m just not sure if posting the same criticism 100 times is really turning the tide. It hasn’t changed my opinion. I’m pretty sure 100% of those that ordered the piece don’t care if it’s screen accurate and 100% just like it as is.

It’s not the best and it’s not as bad as the bashers hoped. It looks decent and I’ll buy the PRIME 1 version as well if it’s nice. I know you can’t buy much these days without having to hear what a POS it is. You can’t enjoy your purchase without people trying so hard to make you feel like **** or an idiot. If it sux I’ll send it back but I think it will look fine. As someone who is no Pred buff I will surely like it very much.(minus the thigh) that really is the only part I hate but I love his pose like yeah bytch I ripped this spine out... sup you next?

Yeah, people in this hobby spend more time hating and nitpicking than enjoying the fact that we’re in a golden age of awesome collectibles from films we love.

Yeah, people in this hobby spend more time hating and nitpicking than enjoying the fact that we’re in a golden age of awesome collectibles from films we love.

I kindly disagree, I think the golden age has past for ss that is. Prime one Iron studios and some other companies sure. But ss has put out a bunch of bad pieces lately. Not saying this is bad, to each their own. But I stopped buying from ss because of the quality went down the toilet. But again not criticizing. Those that like ss by all means they are not going any where I just have had some bad experiences with them. Anyways, to all have a great holiday season and happy new year!!!

He didn't say it was a golden age for SS, just a golden age for statues :|

Well, I still disagree, because side show makes the majority of statues and I believe the statues were at their best about ten years ago they were cheaper and the quality was a lot higher. Just my opinion dawg!!! But yes other companies are putting out good stuff but the price is a lot more that is what I meant that's why I disagree. Anyways, thanks for pointing that out!

Whilst I agree, the quality of Sideshow pieces was better a few years ago, I think what he meant by 'golden age' was in terms of the collectibles that are actually available, not from a quality point of view but in terms of the choices available. We have statues from some great films that previously weren't available 10 years ago. At least that's how I interpreted it anyway.

So they are saying 2-3 weeks and they expect this to be in the warehouse so woot woot to all those looking forward to getting it.

So they are saying 2-3 weeks and they expect this to be in the warehouse so woot woot to all those looking forward to getting it.

And "woot woot" to all of us looking forward to NOT getting this :)

(* actually - bugger that - no-one above 12 says "woot woot" - and I'm a bit older than that :lol *)

Back