NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you guys get what you want but a repaint isn't going to fix that. Not that my opinion matters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To be fair to them - the production paint isn't AWFUL.

Those orange polka-dots are a shame, the tone of the colours is out, and the detailing is a bit lax, but overall, for a mass-produced piece, it isn't as bad as some of Sideshow's previous efforts.

Given that the paint tone will be out on the entire piece, it will at least be consistent. Also, people won't be displaying it next to the prototype OR production photos, so (unless the sculpt has bugged you from the start) it'll likely look acceptable to those that always wanted to buy it.

You have some valid points... It is unfortunate the paint seems a little light and the lack of Color and shading really accentuates the zero spacing between the mandibles.

I hope you guys get what you want but a repaint isn't going to fix that. Not that my opinion matters.

bfe236ab3f5e286f6075f5fbce9b165a--kid-president-quotes-kid-president-videos.jpg

giphy-2.gif

(* Just wash your hands after *)​

. . . the paint seems a little light and the lack of Color and shading really accentuates the zero spacing between the mandibles.

Yeah - a dark wash (or even a pencil line!) where the mandibles join would certainly make the mandibles on the production piece look a lot more like those on the prototype.

Yeah - a dark wash (or even a pencil line!) where the mandibles join would certainly make the mandibles on the production piece look a lot more like those on the prototype.

Agree about the dark wash between the mandibles. Might even be something I'll do myself if it looks bad in person, as it could be the lighting washing it out. Should be simple enough to fix yourself though.

That is a screenshot from Sideshow's unboxing video on YouTube...

Not sure how your friend would have it when it's not even released yet.

I will wait until in-hand to judge the paint job. Sideshow's unboxing videos never do their statues justice due to the harsh lighting used.

If it really is crap, I'll have someone repaint the head.

yeah sorry, might have misunderstood his post thought it was his

The paint app of the head could be better. I can't wait to have this among my collection. Now, let's see what Prime 1 does with their Jungle Hunter.

Ok so after all the post I took a screen of the prototype and the video and here’s my opinion otherwise known as fact lol

So the skin tones are completely different but if you look it’s not just the skin tones it’s the entire stature. Even the little prongs in the hair lol are more yellow and what happens when you add yellow to brown.... you get orange

What I think is if everything in that video is on the yellow side and again go look at the pieces that maybe the camera is off or the lighting is not right.

Of course till it’s in my hands it’s all speculation but as I looked around it seems everything has a yellow leaning tint to it and if you add yellow to the prototype you’ll get golder hair things, orange specs instead of brown and any shading will be washed out.

It’s just as likely the case as is they used the wrong colors.

Even the eyes are more yellow and the metal piece holding the leather upper belt has no detail. It totally looks like there no detailing on it even in the wrinkles of the face. Bad lighting more likely than not. Again it’s just everything can’t be not weathered.

Sideshow should come out and explain it.

I still like it but for the hardcore this is scary. I only plan to display with mask so if it’s bad I think I can fix my head in time with no rush.

AB8C2A07-6A1E-4E7B-83DF-9A0ED2109678.jpg

It's another average looking Predator, it's nice enough with the masked head imo. But $1300+ (+shipping & taxes) for nice enough?? I'm hoping Prime 1 will really deliver with this guy and the P2. I'm happy with my original Sideshow version for now that I'm not really tempted to buy this one. The refusal to move a blatantly out of position armour piece kind of sums this one up for me. It could have been much better with a bit more effort, just like the P2. But for those who just want something that resembles a Predator and is fairly impressive in person, I imagine this will be a good enough option.

They added quills this time and called it a day. Shut provocatively their ears 2 thigh armor which will take a lot from display, no matter the distance. Sculpt n base are above average even with the fused mandibles so a pro repaint will make magic again in this but u'll have to top some hundreds more on a 1.5 shipped piece.

Ok so after all the post I took a screen of the prototype and the video and here’s my opinion otherwise known as fact lol

So the skin tones are completely different but if you look it’s not just the skin tones it’s the entire stature. Even the little prongs in the hair lol are more yellow and what happens when you add yellow to brown.... you get orange

What I think is if everything in that video is on the yellow side and again go look at the pieces that maybe the camera is off or the lighting is not right.

Of course till it’s in my hands it’s all speculation but as I looked around it seems everything has a yellow leaning tint to it and if you add yellow to the prototype you’ll get golder hair things, orange specs instead of brown and any shading will be washed out.

It’s just as likely the case as is they used the wrong colors.

Even the eyes are more yellow and the metal piece holding the leather upper belt has no detail. It totally looks like there no detailing on it even in the wrinkles of the face. Bad lighting more likely than not. Again it’s just everything can’t be not weathered.

Sideshow should come out and explain it.

It's definitely the video/lighting man. I've noticed the same thing in their other unboxing videos, even with products that look different between their production pics and their unboxing video. Not sure why people are so quick to compare prototype images to the unboxing video. I'm willing to bet this will look better in hand than what's seen in the video.

. . . Not sure why people are so quick to compare prototype images to the unboxing video . . .

Well - we could compare the rise of Judeo-Christianity vs. the decline of the Roman Empire - but we did that last week on another website.

(* plus the lighting wasn't good on the unboxing for that one - candles & torches at fault AGAIN *)​

Well - we could compare the rise of Judeo-Christianity vs. the decline of the Roman Empire - but we did that last week on another website.
(* plus the lighting wasn't good on the unboxing for that one - candles & torches at fault AGAIN *)​

That lighting is always too far away to be effective though, at the end of that tunnel...

Hopefully the next religion will get it right after this one also declines. :lol

Back