NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it to be honest. I know that there are parts of it that are not movie accurate, but as a non-hardcore Predator fan I see this as a cool looking statue.

I realized even further while typing this that apparently I AM hardcore enough to think about plopping down $1,200 on a Predator statue to go with my other 2K in Pred stuff. But IDK...I guess I'm not an@l enough to be bothered by body bulk or armor placement and the like. Now **** up on an Alien and I am ALL OVER that ****. hahaha

Free shipping on this?

No they gave me free shipping because they charged $1534 or so to the wrong card for my Last Knight Optimus and although I had the money it was a huge hassle and had I not it would have been a big error. They offered free shipping on my Alien eggs but I guess they couldn’t apply it due to a previous discount so on their own this must have been the next choice. Maybe the only lol I only found out weeks later

I live in Florida so it is their highest rate.

Still free or not it’s nice not having to pay it. Statue is a hit for me and if it looks like this I’ll be happy.

Call me optimistic, but I see this selling out now that an unboxing video has been shown. Whilst it may still look crap to you @n@l collectors out there due to the flaws, it still looks like a kick a$$ statue to me, and seeing the video has made me very excited to receive him. I'm willing to bet plenty of others will feel the same way, some who might have been on the fence about ordering until they saw what it looks like in-hand.

this isnt perfect but is nice and would go well with the p2. I personally am ok sticking with the original maquette

this isnt perfect but is nice and would go well with the p2. I personally am ok sticking with the original maquette

I agree the original is sick I own it too. What pple should be asking for 1300 is this as good as the original predator for a grand, and this comes no where near that old one. That is sad because you would think it would be better or at least compete with it seeing as that statue is so sick and has been around for a while and now one would think side show would get better on their statues not worse. But I will wait for in hand pics but I would say this looks like a miss to me.

I sold my original one for a butload of money and I totally prefer this one. I was never on board with the leaning that was found on the original. People seem to have no problem overlooking it though but it bugged the hell out of me. Can’t wait for this one.

I sold my original one for a butload of money and I totally prefer this one. I was never on board with the leaning that was found on the original. People seem to have no problem overlooking it though but it bugged the hell out of me. Can’t wait for this one.

I was the one on drugs back in the day dawg but to say that you have to be tripping or tweaking lol!!! But to each their own!!! As I am laying here watching tv looking at the statue, it looks amazing one of my all time favorites, I have no lean on mine, or do you mean the pose? Either way I love the pose that was a pivotal part in predator where he reveals his face!!!

I was the one on drugs back in the day dawg but to say that you have to be tripping or tweaking lol!!! But to each their own!!!

It’s all good. Whoever bought mine paid me a lot of money for it and if he’s as happy as you are with it, it’s a win-win for everybody. I’d rather someone who appreciates it, owns it, because I didn’t. Nothing wrong with that.

I was the one on drugs back in the day dawg but to say that you have to be tripping or tweaking lol!!! But to each their own!!! As I am laying here watching tv looking at the statue, it looks amazing one of my all time favorites, I have no lean on mine, or do you mean the pose? Either way I love the pose that was a pivotal part in predator where he reveals his face!!!

It's his opinion bro. Not everyone will feel the same on a piece. Personally, I agree with him. I've seen it in person and the original Maquette was amazing as far as details, sculpt & paint were concerned, but I never cared for the pose. It always looked like it was about to fall over to me. I prefer the pose on the new one, but some people don't like it which is fine.

The original Maquette was made with SWS, so this was never going to look as good as that as far as accuracy goes, and we all know Sideshow's 'old school' pieces are better in quality in comparison to today's pieces. I would imagine the rise in production costs will have something to do with that. For that reason, I never expected this to look as good as the old one, unless SWS was involved again.

Anyway, this comparison between the 2 Maquettes has been done to death already, so there's little point in discussing it again. I wouldn't imagine anyone who owns the original SWS Maquette would bother with this, and if I owned that I probably wouldn't get this one either, but for those of us who don't own it and don't feel like paying $3000+ on the aftermarket for one, this is a nice alternative IMO.

Paint app isn't too bad overall on the P2.

The P1 would need a complete resculpt of the unmasked head, and a nasty/expensive fix with the thigh armour involving the netting, loincloth and repaint.

After all that, you're still stuck with a torso that is anorexic - nothing can be done with that.

The main base on the P1 is MUCH better though.

Actually in that video I thought that the body looked thicker and that the masked head did not look like it was bobble headed. Not sure why as I know SSC would not redo the whole thing but I thought the body and masked portrait looked fine..

Now the unmasked was a let down.. The paint apps look poor on my 65 inch tv

Do we have a rough idea on how many people have ordered this?

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Why does he have yellow polka-dots on his head?

It's a sub-species - Predatorius Leopardius.

Better known as the "Polish dancer" OR "Paintball" Predator.

2017-12-16_Polish_Pred.jpg

Back