NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally the "get up and go" music on these things really adds to the piece.

. . . all I could think was - yeah - "as expected"
icon_rolleyes.gif
- but what's with that snot all over the extra base? :lol

Normally the "get up and go" music on these things really adds to the piece.

. . . all I could think was - yeah - "as expected"
icon_rolleyes.gif
- but what's with that snot all over the extra base? :lol

They didn't fix the armor on the legs wtf. Thank God I have the original side show one the good one. How can side show not fix this stuff?

Didn't they admit the thigh armor was wrong? I guess they didn't bother to fix it in the year and some change?

They didn't fix it in the un boxing, I mean how hard is it to get it right. Does it not light up either in the laser?

. . . I haven't checked it out...is this plastic or Poly?

It's never been made absolutely clear despite several people approaching them to ask.

The consensus (because of the weight) is that it will be the same material as their P2 maquette - polystone.

We'll know for sure soon :)

Apart from the long face, thigh armor placement, and small netting diamonds, this didn't turn out too bad. Paint app is decent, certainly an improvement over the CH. Base is better too.

Just not worth $1.2K.

Apart from the long face, thigh armor placement, and small netting diamonds, this didn't turn out too bad. Paint app is decent, certainly an improvement over the CH. Base is better too.

Just not worth $1.2K.

Agreed, but hey maybe they will through another 20 percent discount on it that would be sick!!!

Still not worth it . . . the P2 was redeemable but there's so many SERIOUS issues with THIS that fixing it would cost too much (and is impractical).

I feel like fixing the issues with P2 (paint app) would be potentially more expensive than modding the thigh. As for the head... eh, it's more accurate than the P2 even with the long face IMO.

I feel like fixing the issues with P2 (paint app) would be potentially more expensive than modding the thigh. As for the head... eh, it's more accurate than the P2 even with the long face IMO.

Paint app isn't too bad overall on the P2.

The P1 would need a complete resculpt of the unmasked head, and a nasty/expensive fix with the thigh armour involving the netting, loincloth and repaint.

After all that, you're still stuck with a torso that is anorexic - nothing can be done with that.

The main base on the P1 is MUCH better though.

Finally, an unboxing vid :) very happy with what I see in the video, despite the flaws with this piece. If mine looks like that when I receive it I'll be quite happy.

IDGAF I LOVE THAT ****! Paint does look awesome. Besides the design flaws it’s flawless.

I don’t recall seeing out of the box before shipping on items but I forget.

I am pleasantly surprised with the Alt Head stand. Didn't see that coming.

Ok you can make fun of me but I’m 150% happy with what I see in the video. I actually feel like I see more detail that I noticed in any pix I saw on SS. I am so ready to put this huge statue up and enjoy. FREE SHIPPING lol ah makes it even better.

IDGAF I LOVE THAT ****! Paint does look awesome. Besides the design flaws it’s flawless.

I don’t recall seeing out of the box before shipping on items but I forget.

I am pleasantly surprised with the Alt Head stand. Didn't see that coming.

Ok you can make fun of me but I’m 150% happy with what I see in the video. I actually feel like I see more detail that I noticed in any pix I saw on SS. I am so ready to put this huge statue up and enjoy. FREE SHIPPING lol ah makes it even better.

Free shipping on this?

Back