NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow?

finally got to see the original Predator 1 Maquette by Sideshow last weekend and have to admit, from only seeing pics of it in the past and thinking the piece wasn't all that, i've completely changed my mind and saw just how amazing it looks! For me, its even more movie accurate than the Pred Cinemaquette, especially regarding the unmasked portrait! If Sideshow can make the new one look just as awesome then i'll be very happy!

I would love to know when this will go up for pre-order, my feeling probably 2018 take advantage of the predator 4 hype next year

I would love to know when this will go up for pre-order, my feeling probably 2018 take advantage of the predator 4 hype next year

I have to say bud... The maquette doesn't haven't a presence when placed next to the Pred CM.
Bear in mind that the CM is purposefully not supposed to be movie accurate as Steve Wang sculpted it to create exactly what they wanted the Predator to be like in the original movie, but never got round to it.

Check out the face sculpt comparison...
1c84ba51d3d675b91b0aa7f95e7f38e9.jpg

The teeth on the maquette look awful in my opinion and very 'NECA' ish... Whereas the CM looks sharp and crisp. Just my opinion is all. The Maquette is still a great piece.

They look bad in that (not great quality) picture, but fine in person imo. Plus the EX maquette has the option of the masked head which the CM doesn't. I get what you're saying about Steve making changes to suit several decades of reflecting on the character. But ultimately we didn't see that refined character on screen no matter what aspects he may not have been happy with. What we saw was rough around the edges, full of character and looks almost exactly like the SSC maquette and I love the thing :) Side note, much of his trophies etc were added simply to keep the suit together, whether it was all exactly how they wanted it or not, he is one of the most iconic characters to ever grace our screens. The CM is also cool for what it is.

I hope the new one gets close to matching it.

Place it next to the screen used suit, it still has plenty of presence.

You spent years seeking the Maquette, now you have the CM it's crap :lol
I spent years saying the CM was better. Once I had them side by side there was no competition, CM only has the advantage of being bigger. Does size equal presence? :nono

Why is the CM the highest sort after predator piece then?
Had the chance to get the maquette, and after seeing it, I wasn't blown away. However after the CM..... It blew me away. It's an opinion Collin. I felt it had no presence next to the CM, which is why I bought the CM. Yeah it's bigger which helps with its presence of course... But I prefer it in every way.

However, the maquette is still cool.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Place it next to the screen used suit, it still has plenty of presence.

You spent years seeking the Maquette, now you have the CM it's crap :lol
I spent years saying the CM was better. Once I had them side by side there was no competition, CM only has the advantage of being bigger. Does size equal presence? :nono

Where have I said its 'crap'???
Your right... I did spend a while looking for the maquette and now that I've seen it... It didn't blow me away like I thought it would. I get the heritage of the piece along with its accuracy... But after seeing it in person the pose looks awkward and the detail which was so hyped did nothing for me.
Then I saw the CM... And it literally made me say 'wow'!!! Probably hence why it is THEE most sought after piece in the Predator line at this time.

Why is the CM the highest sort after predator piece then?
Had the chance to get the maquette, and after seeing it, I wasn't blown away. However after the CM..... It blew me away. It's an opinion Collin. I felt it had no presence next to the CM, which is why I bought the CM. Yeah it's bigger which helps with its presence of course... But I prefer it in every way.

However, the maquette is still cool.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Wolf better than both imo. Lets hope the new one is better than all of them!

The wolf is definitely up there, I'd probably buy one were there a second run. But I wouldn't say it's better than the maquette. As above... Opinions.

Not sure to be honest...
Can you do a close up of your head?

I didn't pay much attention to the pic, just read you saying the teeth were awful. To be fair they do look quite bad in that pic.

I'll get a pic of the Maquette up. Not mine, that would be truly awful.

I have to say bud... The maquette doesn't haven't a presence when placed next to the Pred CM.
Bear in mind that the CM is purposefully not supposed to be movie accurate as Steve Wang sculpted it to create exactly what they wanted the Predator to be like in the original movie, but never got round to it.

Check out the face sculpt comparison...
1c84ba51d3d675b91b0aa7f95e7f38e9.jpg

The teeth on the maquette look awful in my opinion and very 'NECA' ish... Whereas the CM looks sharp and crisp. Just my opinion is all. The Maquette is still a great piece.

Well the Maquette better have the height like the P2 Maquette, hoping its like a 28 29 inch piece, since I had to cancel the P2 Maquette because of other statues coming out this year. Hopefully they do not drop the ball on this statue, which is getting frustrating since I want a predator in my collection, damn can Prime 1 studios start releasing some predators

Back