New Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Biopic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but any really musician will tell you that their aim is 3 fold:

3) Make money
1) Self expression
2) Touching an audience

If an artist happens to be really extreme sucessful at #1 it doesn't negate their inferior nonsense. If an artist is only able to do #2 and #3 that is admirable but when the well runs dry where does it leave you?..with good music.

It's interesting that you bring up the word mainstream (and yet again expose just how little thought you have put into your words). What made Nirvana amazing was because it killed rock in the mainstream. He was able to take an underground movement and bring it to the surface and ruin rock music and send negative messages through poor musicianship. Many people since, have been able to do this with the amount of lasting impact like Cobain did. Really only person you could compare him to in America is Elvis (whose songs actually were stolen from black musicians).

Really the only bit of sense made and diverse thought came from you when you began trolling this thread with educated bits of sense.

I am glad you made your point in this thread, and are not just another number like the rest of us.

*FIXED*

I like this version better.

Last edited:
*FIXED*

I like this version better.

That is true in a way too. However the same parallel could be drawn with Elvis transforming rock into a white phenom.

Still everything you have said has been trolling and with no real substance and I am bored with you now. So unless you have something to say about the movie..... :dunno

How many times did you leave negative comments about my taste in music in the "what are you listening to" thread and i never did respond to your utter BS posts.

If you are going to dish it, be prepared to take some later on at some point.

And lastly, i believe we should never see a movie made about Kurt Cobain/Nirvana. Same goes for Tupac or Biggie Smalls etc.

Dude you do know David Bowie wrote Man Who Sold The World, right? You sound more likie Avril Lavigne than someone with an opinion of value on this subject. Your opinion is CA CA.

You always did strike me as the kind of guy who says they don't like something for the sake of appearing "apart from the crowd".

Ummmm.......I don't like them either. :horror

:chase

Maybe if it was a taco fart. Those remind me of King. :drool

:lol:lol:lol:lol

fart-in-elevator.gif

How many times did you leave negative comments about my taste in music in the "what are you listening to" t

I was on topic commenting on your crappy taste in music in those threads. :wave

I can take thoughtful commentary from any side of the coin. It is idiotic posts which add nothing to a conversation and does little but expose a poster's ignorance (yours) which slightly bug me.

So anyway Maria, if you want me to duet with you, sing a song worth singing and I'll join in. Otherwise I will no longer bug you about your posts in this thread.

Anyway, Kurt and Krew were a phenomenon, so this movie deserves to be made, regardless of Maria's protests.

Some people are interested and want to know what goes on behind the scenes, or what circumstances would lead such a person to his death or even what part of the truth is. Some people can't be bothered reading and want it played out to them in 90 minutes.

Some people complain when there is no need because they have no interest in any case. You don't like subject of the book, don't read it. You don't like the subject of the film, don't see it. You don't like the subject of the thread, don't join in with it.

Sometimes it can be fun. Don't know what you're talking about, talk your way out of it. :lol

You don't like my choice of music, don't leave ****** bag comments about it in other threads, then you won't see me telling the truth about Nirvana..maybe.

They really f'ing suck though, big time..Its funny today i heard them on the radio again for the 900,000,000 time and cringed like always, flipped the station over to some classic rock instead.

Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with A-B-C
When you sing you begin with do-re-Val

Do-re-Val, do-re-Val
The first three notes just happen to be
Do-re-Val, do-re-Val

Do-re-Val-far
so-la-ti- da

It's interesting that you bring up the word mainstream (and yet again expose just how little thought you have put into your words). What made Nirvana amazing was because it made it into the mainstream. He was able to take an underground movement and bring it to the surface. Very few people have been able to do this with the amount of lasting impact like Cobain did. Really only person you could compare him to in America is Elvis (whose songs actually where 3 chord songs).

You say this as if Kurt was TRYING to bring his music to mainstream. He wasn't. It happend to him and his band very sudden and unexpectedly.

Ah, i remember 1992

/Shudders

Nirvana = Overrated.

But anyways hope those that ARE interested like it.
:peace

You say this as if Kurt was TRYING to bring his music to mainstream. He wasn't. It happend to him and his band very sudden and unexpectedly.

Not sure what your point is. The people who TRY to do this usually end up failing.

Nevermind and In Utero were really cool albums. Bleach and Incesticide were ____ing awesome. I was never caught up in the phenomenon of Nirvana (though they did a fine job of making the mainstream look like a bunch asses, which deserves commendation), but they wrote some seriously badass, and profoundly unpretentious music. Personally, I was a much bigger fan of Jane's Addiction, and thought they deserved the attention that Nirvana got, but what can you do? Nirvana was still great.

I guess you had to be there. :dunno

Nirvana changed the whole music industry in the 90's.They made alternative music known to the world.Without them we would still have to endure gay hair metal like Poison and condescending Rock idiots like GNR ...

Back