New member SW custom 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan1982 Star Wars Customs---Medi Cody WIP Update

Well, I finished the weathering on the paint earlier today. Just simply used and exacto knife and scraped away some of the paint to resemble some wear on the paint. I added some darker orange around the worn parts to enhance the battle damage on the paint. Also added the armband and chest insignia. I did a repaint of the Jango head to better resemble Cody. I know the head looks a little big. I'll just have to wait and see what it looks like once I get the shoulder pads... they might make him look a little bit more proportioned. I still need to dirty him up and I will be about done.
Thanks, Ryan
2003_0101Image0027.jpg

2003_0101Image0026.jpg

2003_0101Image0023-2.jpg

2003_0101Image0022-1.jpg

2003_0101Image0020-1.jpg

2003_0101Image0019-1.jpg

2003_0101Image0016-2.jpg

2003_0101Image0013-1.jpg

2003_0101Image0011-1.jpg

Last edited:
That Cody head is really cool! I love the scar, it's perfect!!! Can't wait to see him all done up! :D

Medicom Commander Cody custom 7/18

Update on the Medicom Cody. Finished the shoulder pads with some help from Hurricane. Trimmed down the ROTS clone shoulder pads and scribed lines on the sides. I still need to fit them in place better and add the antennae on them as well. All that is left is to weather him and make a jetpack.
Thanks for looking!

2003_0103Image0014-1.jpg

2003_0103Image0015.jpg

2003_0103Image0005.jpg

2003_0103Image0007-1.jpg

2003_0103Image0008.jpg

2003_0103Image0009-1.jpg

2003_0103Image0011-1.jpg

:rock

That Cody is aces! How are you gonna make the jetpack? Sculpt from scratch? I'm curious to see this done. Can't wait to see finished he already looks outstanding!

Thanks X!
I think he is turning out better than I anticipated :D
As far as the jetpack goes, I think that I will probably just use sculpy. Though I was thinking about trying to make something out of those foam/ styro sheets. Not sure yet, probably going to start working on it tonight.

I'm quite jealous!!! That guy is unreal! I especially love the scarring on the left (his left) side of the armor. Not to mention that head. Man, I wish I could paint eyes worth a damn. Ryan, that Cody is awesome! Keep it up!

Thanks X! Im glad you like him. That scar was made easy thanks to my Dremel tool :D.
As far as the eyes... I am rubbish at painting eyes as well. I just used a very fine tip brush and repainted the brown that was already in the eye a lighter color brown... just used the lines that were already there from the factory paint.
It would be cool if we could get a group shot of my Cody with your Gree and Bacara... maybe someone could photoshop them all together or something. That would totally :rock

Awesome Cody, liking the cut into the chest plate and the colouring looks perfect.
I have to really get one of these clones soon. Every custom i see is just brilliant.
How many codys have you made so far, im sure ever since i been customing you always updating or redoing your original. Which was also awsome.

thanks ian.
these medicom clones are great figures to have... a little exspenive, but great. they have much more screen accurate armor which is a plus for me.
this is actually the third cody i have made. i am definately keeping this one, the others have been sold

Hey Ryan! Gotta bump this up! I was checking out your Biggs again, love the stand too by the way! Anyway, I was wondering if you've got any plans to Wedge!

Thanks X. I want to do a Wedge at some point. I check ebay every so often to see if I can find one for cheap. Im not sure how good the head sculpt is though. I have all of the stuff to make another snowspeeder pilot, maybe I could make a Wedge snowspeeder pilot figure :idea. Thanks for getting the "creative juices" flowing X!

Thanks X. I want to do a Wedge at some point. I check ebay every so often to see if I can find one for cheap. Im not sure how good the head sculpt is though. I have all of the stuff to make another snowspeeder pilot, maybe I could make a Wedge snowspeeder pilot figure :idea. Thanks for getting the "creative juices" flowing X!

Sounds great! Biggs came out really well. I was actually referencing the X-Wing suit for a similar project. I'm finally gonna do something about my dissatisfaction with the Yavin Luke, so I've decided to put him pilot gear.

That's a good idea. I love the X wing pilots. The parts to make these figures are pretty inexpensive and with slight modifications, you can achieve some pretty cool results.

Here's a little update on a couple of Hasbro upgrades I have been working on. Oldie Kenobi, Han Hoth and Luke snowspeeder pilot. All have slight alterations to the clothes and head repaints.
2003_0101Image0003-4.jpg

2003_0101Image0007-6.jpg

2003_0101Image0010-3.jpg

2003_0101Image0019-2.jpg

2003_0101Image0020-2.jpg

2003_0101Image0025-1.jpg

How'd you do the vest on your Biggs and SS Luke? It looks much better than the one I've got on Luke!:D

Xander. for the vest I just unstitched the fabric that is folded around the sides and trimmed the vest to a smaller size. I tried to keep the same shape as the original vest. You will also have to unstitch some of the horizontal panals from the top so the vest isnt so tight around the neck. It is a pretty tedious process but they make the figure look so much better. I used some elastic strips around the shoulders to connect the front and back pieces. I got a Wedge the other day and I am trying to make a more accurate vest for him like the one in the image below. I wish I was good at sewing... it would make this a whole lot easier.:D Anyway, hope this helps and I cant wait to see what you produce!

luke%20skywalker.jpg

Just finished this one. Medicom Neyo. Free handed the insignia on the chest, arm and leg. Added a little bit of weathering. I think he turned out quite well.
neyo2.jpg

neyo1.jpg

neyo3.jpg

neyo4.jpg

neyo14.jpg

neyo12.jpg

neyo6.jpg

Also have the beginnings of an Indian Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark in Nazi desguise. Just waiting on the head and a few other bits...
neyo15.jpg

Neyo did turn out quite well, he awesome! Your neyo head works perfect on the medicom body. Im in the process of making him myself and was not happy with the size of the head on a hasbro body. Excellant painting of the insignia.

Back