New member, school me on HT predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so what's special about the anicom scar and special ancient pred?
nothing much.
anicom has a re-painted elder head. ancient has a different helmet.
other than that, they just had a lower production number, so collectors and scalpers eat them up.

Hmmm..

1. Scar
  2. Chopper
  3. Celtic
  4. Anicom Scar
  5. Ancient Predator (Asia)
  6. Ancient Predator (Special)
  7. Predator 2
  8. Predator 2 Damaged
  9. Elder Predator
  10. Elder Predator 2
  11. Wolf
  12. Wolf "Cleaner"
  13. Lost
  14. Machiko

Technically speaking, doesnt Wolf "Cleaner" Exclusive count as #15? Or are we not going to count it since it's just a chestburster.......

ok, so what's special about the anicom scar and special ancient pred?

The special ancient predator comes with a alien head on a spear, a unique mask, different body armour, and I think (not 100% sure) different feet, different collar, and dual wristblades.
The anicom scar just has repainted elder head.

Last edited:
ok, who's got these different predator heads and do you have pics?

I don't have them, but I did find a picture of the two heads. :joy
blog_httag_anicom.jpg

I don't have them, but I did find a picture of the two heads. :joy
blog_httag_anicom.jpg

It appears to me that the head on the right was repainted. The skin paint should have the same kind of look the one on the left has, very plain with no dark paint wash that bring out the details of the sculpt.

Verbal21 said:
Scar has semi-opened mandibles? I've had Scar for two months and I've never even taken his bio off
Only the Ani-Com Exclusive version of Scar has the two heads with blood paint, the regular one only has one head with closed mandibles and no blood paint. Another difference is that Ani-Com has the newer large foot blades that are on all the AVP figures but the first Scar and Celtic Preds.
Also, that second opened mandible Ani-Com head is identical to the AVP Elder sculpt, just different colored dreads and no blood paint are the differences between the two.

My favorites preds are:

-Predator 2

-Wolf predator

-Lost predator from predator 2 (My last pred in the crew)

-Elder predator from predator 2

-Machiko AVP (she looks awesome)

-And finally Ancient predator Asia edition AVP

thanks for the links...
can't tell the difference between ancient pred asian and sideshow exclusives...the pix on ss show elder pred.
looks like there's more than a few that I don't have...guess I won't be a completist for this line.
I do want that ancient and p2 elder preds tho...

thanks for the links...
can't tell the difference between ancient pred asian and sideshow exclusives...the pix on ss show elder pred.
looks like there's more than a few that I don't have...guess I won't be a completist for this line.
I do want that ancient and p2 elder preds tho...

The only difference between the two Ancients is the mask. The Asian exclusive mask is actually the same sculpt as the AVP Elder Predator mask except that the Elder mask is gold colored, has a huge chunk missing from the mouth section, has that beaded rope wrapped around the mask, and has mounts to place it on his shoulder pad.
In my opinion, the Sideshow exclusive Ancient has the most interesting looking mask between the two.
Here's my two flanking my AVP Elder:
picture1041zj3.jpg

I've been thinking about picking up "A" Predator but I'm not sure which one to get. Definitely not a limited edition one with a crazy price but one that would be a good representation.

Based on Screamingmetal's awesome pic above, I'm thinking either one of the first two (from left). I like the shoulder canon, by the way.

Would these be the way to go? I'm looking for a decent Predator at a cheap price, people... ;) What are your recommendations?

P.S. Any chance of Hot Toys releasing the original Predator anytime soon?

Thanks

I've been thinking about picking up "A" Predator but I'm not sure which one to get. Definitely not a limited edition one with a crazy price but one that would be a good representation.

Based on Screamingmetal's awesome pic above, I'm thinking either one of the first two (from left). I like the shoulder canon, by the way.

Would these be the way to go? I'm looking for a decent Predator at a cheap price, people... ;) What are your recommendations?

P.S. Any chance of Hot Toys releasing the original Predator anytime soon?

Thanks
Thanks. They all have articulated shoulder canons which help to differentiate them on the shelf.
Price will be a huge issue because all the older Predators are expensive, especially Celtic on the far left there.
I have all of them except for Ani-Com, Machiko and the Lost Predator, and I have to say that The Predator 2 Elder is the best looking one followed by Celtic, battle damaged Predator 2, the Sideshow AVP ancient, Wolf, etc..
I'd recommend getting the one that you like the most for a fair price which won't be easy to find. These aren't going to be found cheap, so if you want the one that's the least expensive, I'd try getting the Lost Predator or either version of Wolf as they're the most recent releases.
I haven''t looked into pricing lately, maybe someone else can help on that.

The Predator from the original film is inevitable. And since my favorite HT figure, the Predator 2 Elder, is almost identical to the original Predator, I think the best Hot Toys Predator has yet to come. It might be best to wait for that version.

The only difference between the two Ancients is the mask. The Asian exclusive mask is actually the same sculpt as the AVP Elder Predator mask except that the Elder mask is gold colored, has a huge chunk missing from the mouth section, has that beaded rope wrapped around the mask, and has mounts to place it on his shoulder pad.
In my opinion, the Sideshow exclusive Ancient has the most interesting looking mask between the two.
Here's my two flanking my AVP Elder:
picture1041zj3.jpg

Very nice. Where's Chopper? Oh yea he got killed on his way to the photo shoot. :lol:lol:lol I'm getting myself a Asia exclusive in the mail soon. Just gotta pay for it. Can't wait.

Thanks. They all have articulated shoulder canons which help to differentiate them on the shelf.
Price will be a huge issue because all the older Predators are expensive, especially Celtic on the far left there.
I have all of them except for Ani-Com, Machiko and the Lost Predator, and I have to say that The Predator 2 Elder is the best looking one followed by Celtic, battle damaged Predator 2, the Sideshow AVP ancient, Wolf, etc..
I'd recommend getting the one that you like the most for a fair price which won't be easy to find. These aren't going to be found cheap, so if you want the one that's the least expensive, I'd try getting the Lost Predator or either version of Wolf as they're the most recent releases.
I haven''t looked into pricing lately, maybe someone else can help on that.

The Predator from the original film is inevitable. And since my favorite HT figure, the Predator 2 Elder, is almost identical to the original Predator, I think the best Hot Toys Predator has yet to come. It might be best to wait for that version.

I agree that Predator 2 Elder is one of the most amazing figures every made by Hot toys but since he's looking for just "A" predator for presentation...I would go with a leading character from the movie. For Example, Wolf, Scar, or Predator 2 original.

Here's some pictures I took of my wolf after the cannons were modded by Ekder.

HTWolfFull.jpg

HTwolffrontlight.jpg

Makes a great stand alone character. And it's still pretty cheap to get!

Back