Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd MUCH prefer Boromir's actual cloak as opposed to the boring flimsy Lorien cloak. His Gondorian one has beautiful clasps and fabric patterns that are never shown off in favor of the usual Fellowship obsession. These pieces are about the characters, not the Fellowship, and Boromir's Gondorian cloak is a beautiful piece in its own right, but also symbolic of his standing in the ruling Gondorian family.

I'd MUCH prefer Boromir's actual cloak as opposed to the boring flimsy Lorien cloak. His Gondorian one has beautiful clasps and fabric patterns that are never shown off in favor of the usual Fellowship obsession. These pieces are about the characters, not the Fellowship, and Boromir's Gondorian cloak is a beautiful piece in its own right, but also symbolic of his standing in the ruling Gondorian family.

:clap

Well put, I would be down for either cloak, I just don't want to see him without one.

boromir7.jpg

Very pretty :D

They are also scene specific and so far, action oriented [other than Galadriel of course]. As nice as Boromir's Gondorian cloak is it doesn't lend itself to an action pose that is scene specific. Sure SS could produce a Boromir PF outside what has become the norm, but personally I'd rather see him with sword drawn. He was after all, the Capt. of Gondor and no statue is going to characterize him any better than with sword drawn and ready for battle.

I'd MUCH prefer Boromir's actual cloak as opposed to the boring flimsy Lorien cloak. His Gondorian one has beautiful clasps and fabric patterns that are never shown off in favor of the usual Fellowship obsession.

Which one has with the SSW statue, just turn it around a bit, very well done, even my mother commented on how good it looked, after I had repositioned my statue and she had seen it for the first time.

However, I can't see SS doing that as a PF, the fabric creation to get it looking right and as good as it should be, would just be a nightmare.

They are also scene specific and so far, action oriented [other than Galadriel of course]. As nice as Boromir's Gondorian cloak is it doesn't lend itself to an action pose that is scene specific. Sure SS could produce a Boromir PF outside what has become the norm, but personally I'd rather see him with sword drawn. He was after all, the Capt. of Gondor and no statue is going to characterize him any better than with sword drawn and ready for battle.

Well, maybe SS's creative team could get a little creative and pose him with sword in one hand, shield on the other and cloak on his back. I know it isn't scene specific but if PJ could take liberties with the book's then maybe SS could... Nah, probably not.

Well, maybe SS's creative team could get a little creative and pose him with sword in one hand, shield on the other and cloak on his back. I know it isn't scene specific but if PJ could take liberties with the book's then maybe SS could... Nah, probably not.

Don't knock it, I think it's a good suggestion and one that we may see as SS are not looking for scene specific pieces as I read it, and are open to their artists interpretation of a character (within limits).

Boromir turning his back on the altar of the shards of Narsil would make a nice piece for me as it highlighted the doubt and despair growing in his mind .

Don't knock it, I think it's a good suggestion and one that we may see as SS are not looking for scene specific pieces as I read it, and are open to their artists interpretation of a character (within limits).

Boromir turning his back on the altar of the shards of Narsil would make a nice piece for me as it highlighted the doubt and despair growing in his mind .

I might have understood this wrong, but I believe figurefan was referring to a Boromir PF. In the maquette video, SS staff definitely mentioned trying to capture the essence of the characters without necessarily being scene specific, but this was in reference to the maquettes alone, not the PF's.

A question for the veterans out there, those of you who were buying the SSW statues back in the LOTR collectibles "gold-rush" days.

How fast did the announcements and releases come in those days? How did they work it all with statues, busts, helms (did they announce an item from each category at the same time or stagger it)?

There were so many things produced in those early years. I get the impression that there must have been something in just about every newsletter.

There also seemed to be some fairly high ES's then, like Sauron (9,500 I think). Did things sell out fast?

From what I remember, most of the releases with The Fellowship of the Ring were a little under the radar. Almost none of those originally offered items were numbered, so a production run is hard to gauge. Fellowship items like the statues and busts didn't seem to sell very quickly initially, but when the Two Towers DVD came out and had the supplementatry DVD that documented the SSW line seemed to spur a lot of interest in the line. Items then started to really sell out. IIRC new items were shown at big events like Toy Fair or San Diego, and they would have several items preorder at once that would be shipping at various times throughout the year.

By the end for ROTK, the edition sizes got really big, and the time it took for items to sell out seemed to increase. I didn't find out about this board until the time the SW 1:6 was coming out, so I missed a lot of the activity in those days. I may be remembering incorrectly, but it seems like new releases back in the SSW came at about the same frequency, but they would release and promote more items at once. Does this seem correct to others?

Yeah, things during the FOTR items didn't go as fast selling wise until TTT DVD came out. Then things picked up and went like total craziness. It just kept going really through ROTK and the ES did get quite large Sauron at what 9500 and Morgul Lord @ 8500. Then as time passed things started slowing again as the bandwagon fans jumped back off to something that caught their attention.

It just so happens that the only 2 SSW statues that I have are Sauron and the Morgul Lord. I guess that's why I got the impression that most of the statues had high ES's. I came into the game late, right after SS had released the Frodo PF, so I concentrated most of my attention on the PF line.

I have since acquired my #1 grail, RWOS, and I would really like to get my hands on a WK of Angmar one of these days. I imagine SS will not be doing one for their maquette line (and not sure that they should) but if I had an inkling that a TW Witchking or a regular TW Ringwraith was on the way in PF form, :monkey5 I would forget about the SSW statue altogether.

The SSW line is full of so many amazing pieces even if they're not considered grails. If you get the money go back and get pieces like Boromir, Theoden, Gimli, etc. I wouldn't give up any of those for just piece from another line. Have some from all and make a great collection out of that.

I agree, i'd rather own the Witch-King statue that was made by the people who created the look of the character for the film itself, and it does look amazing. I'd be very worried about a SS version judging from their LSB attempt.... :sick :monkey3

I agree, i'd rather own the Witch-King statue that was made by the people who created the look of the character for the film itself, and it does look amazing. I'd be very worried about a SS version judging from their LSB attempt.... :sick :monkey3

I agree with FE. SS never should have used Weta's actual reference material to create their LSB. They should have ignored the reference material like the Weta artist's did........something they seemed to do a lot of from the look of things. :monkey3 :D

011708prodblog01-1.jpg
]
011708prodblog04-1.jpg

wraith1_lrg-1.jpg
9223_press08-001.jpg

011708prodblog03-1.jpg
011708prodblog02-1.jpg

Back