Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the 1:6th scale line and not pleased that it ended the way it did but I don't blame the other lines really. As a fan of LOTR I'm glad to see more lines and more ways for folks to bring this in. Maybe someday we'll see some more 1:6th scale LOTR. That would be great but if not thats ok we have some nice figures at least. Acting like a five year old to prove a point is generally not the best way to get your point across. Just a thought.

Thats the part that worries me. If they're only as big as the original SSW statues I would hope the price would be near that level. The $125-190 unless its something bigger like say a Balrog or Cave Troll. I'll be tempted to get a few pieces and probably will honestly.
those prices were from 6+ years ago. i'm sure these won't be less than $200. then everybody will whine and the line will die after about 3 releases.

I watched TTT last night and I am ecstatic SS has chosen to go with a Helm's Deep Legolas.....

capturadepantalla201002m.png

....and an Osgiliath Boromir

capturadepantalla201002j.png

I never thought we would see either of these is statue form. :rock

HEAR! HEAR! HD Legolas has been my favorite from day one! :banana

I loved the 1:6th scale line and not pleased that it ended the way it did but I don't blame the other lines really. As a fan of LOTR I'm glad to see more lines and more ways for folks to bring this in. Maybe someday we'll see some more 1:6th scale LOTR. That would be great but if not thats ok we have some nice figures at least. Acting like a five year old to prove a point is generally not the best way to get your point across. Just a thought.

I never collected the 12" stuff but I do feel bad for those who did, esp. since this line barely got off the ground before coming to an end. That sympathy however, goes right out the window when some of these guys actually blame other LOTR collectors who had no interest in, and didn't collect this line. One guy actually posted he hoped SS would cancel the PF line for no other reason than collectors like myself didn't support the 12" line. Talk about someone with some serious issues.....:duh

Doll hater!!!! :mad:

:D

Who me?......:huh :monkey3 :lol

those prices were from 6+ years ago. i'm sure these won't be less than $200. then everybody will whine and the line will die after about 3 releases.

Sideshow has a similar line of 1:6th statues for Adam Hughes' version of the marvel ladies that are only $150, so that's the price I'm guessing we'll get.

I never collected the 12" stuff but I do feel bad for those who did, esp. since this line barely got off the ground before coming to an end. That sympathy however, goes right out the window when some of these guys actually blame other LOTR collectors who had no interest in, and didn't collect this line. One guy actually posted he hoped SS would cancel the PF line for no other reason than collectors like myself didn't support the 12" line. Talk about someone with some serious issues.....:duh

Well, there are always gonna be folks who do that kind of thing. That being said I don't blame anyone specifically with how the line did. Believe me I think there is plenty to go around when it comes to that line.

Don't remind me. :slap

Actually, all kidding aside. We did have some really good times.

That we did. I miss them actually.

Again with the 'talking the price up' lines! :lol

Why give SS (or any company) an indication of how much you will pay to buy something? Just let them announce the first figure and their asking price and then let the debates start from there.
I'm personaly hoping the price point will be reasonable and based on (assumed) improved technology for making these type of figures as opposed to basing them on inflation of what similar figures used to cost.

It sounds like SS want to make a go of this line for the collectors, fans and themselves, so a good price will be crucial to it's success and my collecting them as the concepts and ideas behind them sound very exciting.

p.s The Adam Hughes line contains a lot more plastic.....

or is that silicon? :D

/\ :lol SS will charge a boat load for these... they do not care that much about the collectors to make prices reasonable.

these will be close to or over $199

That's downright stupid! Though I know alot of statue collectors that have laughed because the line ended. I don't understand the "mini war". :lol

Who me?......:huh :monkey3 :lol

Don't be a hater! :stake

Again with the 'talking the price up' lines! :lol

Why give SS (or any company) an indication of how much you will pay to buy something? Just let them announce the first figure and their asking price and then let the debates start from there.
I'm personaly hoping the price point will be reasonable and based on (assumed) improved technology for making these type of figures as opposed to basing them on inflation of what similar figures used to cost.

It sounds like SS want to make a go of this line for the collectors, fans and themselves, so a good price will be crucial to it's success and my collecting them as the concepts and ideas behind them sound very exciting.

p.s The Adam Hughes line contains a lot more plastic.....

or is that silicon? :D

I'm sure the price has already been determined. I'm betting also that there will be different prices on them.

O M G!!! Just found out about this and all I can say is...

BOROMIR IN GONDORIAN ARMOR!!

Long have I desired to look upon... this! :chew:chew:chew

Can´t wait!!:banana

O M G!!! Just found out about this and all I can say is...

BOROMIR IN GONDORIAN ARMOR!!

Long have I desired to look upon... this! :chew:chew:chew

Can´t wait!!:banana

Well I had heard a rumour you had a liking for a certain Gondorian Capt in full armour! (just hope you didn't spend on the custom piece you were looking for!) :naughty

The range on these could be phenomenal if they have free range on creativity and keep the likeness close.
Definately have to learn the art of selective buying though as I think we may be spoiled for choice :banana

Well I had heard a rumour you had a liking for a certain Gondorian Capt in full armour! (just hope you didn't spend on the custom piece you were looking for!) :naughty

Unfortunately, I didn´t have the money to buy that custom so I had to pass on all the offers. :monkey2

But I am so gonna start saving for this one, if the likeness is like the 12" one or better I will buy it for sure!

Yeah, I know. I'd say $200 also because it appears they'll be coming with a small bit of environment as well. All in all things look quite good from what we've seen. :rock

If they're a decent price, with a good ES and good poses, i.e. not as 'super hero' or animated as the GTG piece looks, then this line will be a BIG success. I'm still sticking to my statement that they'll have to be great for me to get any, especially as i won't be buying from SS direct anymore incase i get massive shipping fees and tax etc, but i would like to get some that Weta didn't get around to. I'd love Eomer on steed but didn't i read that they're just gonna be single characters on a base?

I wonder when the first one will be up for pre-order :huh :dunno

Back