Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I hope we can get something set up with him. I'll wait closer till its ready to ship before asking.

That PF is that bad? Never seen it in person but pics aren't that flattering I admit.

I got one off ebay at $150 just to look at it, as people keep telling me it looks much better in person.

No it does not.

Got rid of it a week later, it's so bad i dont even want to keep it in my storage.

Well, then, I hope they do better by her in the maquette line. And I too, am down for a Saruman. I'm totally digging this line, and hoping for some minor tweaking to Arwen before her release. T'would be nice to get some confirmation on that, but I know it's unlikely. Sideshow never seem to update prototype images anymore like they have in the past.

Saruman is a must buy and must do. So no worries he'll get done at somepoint. I would buy a Galadriel as well. I really think SS would simply knock her out of the park.

Is there any indication as to who will be next? Sorry if it's been covered! :)

There is an indication it will be a pair of Hobbits! ;)

Unfortunately, that indication is only in my head...

yeah no kidding, when are the $*(#@$ hobbits coming. I think they should also include bill as part of the sam + frodo statue. That will be perfect and i dont mind paying extra for it.

Well I know SSW did a Bill and Sam but it shows Sam's caring nature. I mean that was Sam- loyal friend. So I say SS should do that maquette again. Now they could pair Frodo and gollum on one base in a way that showed the complicated nature of that relationship and this would be different from the SDCC dio they did (Mt Doom fight). Then that leaves all the possibilities for Merry and Pippin and I still like the scene of them sitting on the ruins of Isengard smoking a pipe and eating apples and turkey.

In fact, the SDCC dio really showcases Frodo as a failed character at this lowest moment. Yes it was dramatic but somehow I like my hobbits on the rural side.

For me with Frodo and Sam the idea I ran by the folks at SS during comic-con was Frodo sitting at the desk writing in the red book with Sam looking over his shoulder. Now, with Merry and Pippin my idea was what CS suggested above.

Hmm i think SS may see that idea as not 'dynamic' enough for their 'ultimate' maquettes. And i doubt they'd repeat Sam and Bill from the SSW line. Frodo, Sam and Gollum in one please!

I agree Sam and Bill is very unlikely But Merry and Pippin on the wall I think could actually be quite dynamic if showing them in a moment of sheer joy and mirth. Certainly Aragorn and Arwen break the model of dynamic poses assumed when Gandalf was first shown. I guess seeing the ruins in the Boromir maquette made me think the Isengard wall may not be so far fetched. I supposes another for M&P could be on top of treebeard but I dislike partial characters in general.

Of course all four hobbits hiding from the wraith on the road to Bree, a truly classic image from the films and book I think, could be interesting but not quite in the spirit of the maquettes. Of course Frodo could be fingering the ring, too dio like I suppose.

Of course all four hobbits hiding from the wraith on the road to Bree, a truly classic image from the films and book I think, could be interesting but not quite in the spirit of the maquettes. Of course Frodo could be fingering the ring, too dio like I suppose.

He can finger m........... never mind :monkey3

Merry and Pippin on the wall would be great, but also I think, both of them in their respective armor for Gondor and Rohan!

I was thinking Pippin finding Merry on the Pelennor fields, cradling him in his arms...?

Back