New licences confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
Well, if they do pull off a nice likeness for Bruce, then maybe they can aquire the license for Die Hard and do a John Macain PF.

Hold on, I think I just splooged in my pants....................Please don't tease about such things.

Customikey said:
Anything Gary Oldman is a good thing. Now we need Dracula, Beethoven, Mason Verger, and Sirius Black!

Can't wait to see what they do with Bruce's likeness. Perhaps we'll get an updated body for Leeloo!
Damn Strait! Oldman is my favorite actor.
I do have a bad feeling that this will be statues of the creatures or of weapon replicas, Sideshow would have to get the Likeness rights for any actor they plan on making on top of the property license for figures.

wofford29 said:
I'd love some Corpse Bride PFs! Do you have a link?

wofford29 said:
I still don't see where these were announced. Was it in the podcast or something?

galactiboy said:
Where was this posted? I guess I missed it...

olvidadero said:
Where are those licenses announced oficially? I looked all through this thread and didn't find anything.

Once again--can somebody provide a link to the official announcement, or any sort of confirmation at all? I am just not finding these announcements. I thought I must have missed it in chat, but the chat doesn't happen until Tuesday. It's weird that all the requests for confirmation in this thread have been ignored--surely somebody has a link to share?!? Or did I miss it in the podcast?

screamingmetal said:
Damn Strait! Oldman is my favorite actor.
I do have a bad feeling that this will be statues of the creatures or of weapon replicas, Sideshow would have to get the Likeness rights for any actor they plan on making on top of the property license for figures.

,..oldman rulz,..would be awesome if sideshow did him,... :chew

I'm all for Corpse Bride. It's a very sweet, haunting movie about the beauty of letting go. Some people seem really against it when I think it's one of the purest "burtonesque" movies he's made. Sideshow will have a hard time beating the quality of the Jun Planning dolls which are almost 100% recreations of the models and very affordable considering the product. Unless Sideshow focuses on the Land of the Dead characters which Jun Planning has only made a few.

tomandshell said:
Once again--can somebody provide a link to the official announcement, or any sort of confirmation at all? I am just not finding these announcements. I thought I must have missed it in chat, but the chat doesn't happen until Tuesday. It's weird that all the requests for confirmation in this thread have been ignored--surely somebody has a link to share?!? Or did I miss it in the podcast?

you missed it in the podcast!

carbo-fation said:
Well, if they do pull off a nice likeness for Bruce, then maybe they can aquire the license for Die Hard and do a John Macain PF.

Agreed, I'd love to see John McClain, Hans, Simon, Zeus, Sgt. Al Powell, and Karl. A wise choice for a licence to pick up, esspecially in light of the next movie now being in production.

Hell, I'd still like for them to start producing Jurassic Park collectibles. I've been clamoring for those for years.

hopewell said:
Sideshow will have a hard time beating the quality of the Jun Planning dolls which are almost 100% recreations of the models and very affordable considering the product.

Yeah I bought the Jun Planning Corpse Bride to go with my Jack Skellington, the detail on them is incredible. They look exactly like they popped off the screen. Definately some of the best figures I've ever seen.

IrishJedi said:
Yeah, so... if they are making a figure based on Milla from FIFTH ELEMENT does that mean that SSC now has to come up with a 1/6 female body with the chest of a 12 year old boy??

Just askin'.

:cool:

All you need is a handful, my friend.

Like you didn't pause the movie to zoom....

I LOVE 5th Element (and I'm not too much of sci-fi lover). I thought it was one of the slickest, smartest, and balls-to-the wall FUN movies I've seen. Their wink-wink, nudge-nudge send up of many of the staples of things that sci-fi and action movie lovers hold holy tickled my sense of the absurd. And all done masterfully by the acting talents of Oldman, Holm, Tucker, and Willis. I chuckled all the way thru it and laughed out loud at more than a few of their clever parodying. The distinctive costuming and design alone would give this line lots of things to offer. I am definitely interested in what SS will do with this franchise.

Corpse Bride. No-brainer for me. Hadn't bitten on the GG stuff, but I may crumble with Sideshow.

I think a 1/4 PF Gary Oldman from the 5th Element would be ace!

He could be holding the ZF-1 gun ("My favourite") and the exclusive could be the animal he has on his desk... what ever that was?! :monkey5

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I thought the Fifth Element was an incredibly boring movie. I actually fell asleep two different times while attempting to finish it. I never did. I really don't like Besson as a director, either. I thought I would love The Big Blue, but it dragged on also.

hunky_artist said:
to the people who are saying 'bad', 'terrible', 'dissapointing', 'crap' choice of license?

........TO YOU. Don't speak for the rest of us.

5th Element is one of our favourite films, thoroughly entertaining with a stunning visual look and feel. And i would be all over a series of figures

Well, I gess we don't need to say "to me" everytime we express an opinion, do we? I think that part is implicit. I'm not speaking for you, pal ;)

Although I don't find it all too interesting, I do believe it's a great choice of license.
There's a lot of fans of the movie out there, and it's never had good figures or merchandising. So I think that whatever they do with it, SST will find a big audience.
I'm hoping for 1/6 figures, 'cause that what I like to collect. Milla is incredibly beautiful and quite talented, I find it sad that she's steered towards B-movies only.
Corpse Bride I find a bit more puzzling, it's had quite a lot of different types of collectibles and merchandising, I don't know what new stuff SST can do...

Viking28 said:
I'm hoping for 1/4.

Same here. 1/4 Corbin and Leeloo to start off the line; and, Zorg, Aknot, Plava Laguna, and Ruby Rhod (in his opera house attire) to round it off. For props, a ZF.1 is a must along with Corbins gun and temple key. I don't venture out of Star Wars, but this would definitely be my first if it's 1/4 scale PF's.

Back