New licences confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gets me about the choice of The Fifth Element is the fact that I don't know that the film has that large of a following? How many of these figures would they actually sell? I can't see SS being able to sell that much stock on a film like this. I don't care how interesting a figure looks, if it does not have much of a following, it's not gonna sell.

I watched only part of the movie, got bored and turned it off. Personally speaking, I would not even come close to ordering figures from it.

KitFisto said:
What gets me about the choice of The Fifth Element is the fact that I don't know that the film has that large of a following? How many of these figures would they actually sell? I can't see SS being able to sell that much stock on a film like this. I don't care how interesting a figure looks, if it does not have much of a following, it's not gonna sell.

I watched only part of the movie, got bored and turned it off. Personally speaking, I would not even come close to ordering figures from it.

see dave's post, 3 before yours.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure Fifth Element isn't figures, but a one off bust or something like Tremors, Reign of Fire, etc. And I'm sure there will be someone that wants it.

occulum said:
see dave's post, 3 before yours.

That's possible, but why go after a license to do 1 bust? I would think they would steer clear of that these days, but maybe not. Others have said they want the chick with the tape outfit and maybe they will do a PF of her and call it a day.

To me, it just seems like such an odd film to get a license for to do 1 piece, but who knows.

I love the Fifth Element but not enough to buy figures.

I'm kinda glad there's nothing that great announced so far since I know collect "The Dead".

Fifth Element wasn't a bad movie but at the same time really wasn't a great movie. I'll probably steer clear of this line. There is only so much space I have for these products, yet so many products to choose from...

Nitro said:
Fifth Element wasn't a bad movie but at the same time really wasn't a great movie. I'll probably steer clear of this line. There is only so much space I have for these products, yet so many products to choose from...

No it's not a great movie but it's pretty entertaining. I would say that it's better than some of the other movies SS has done though, Van Helsing, Hellboy, and yes Highlander (watcha gonna do about it)....

Darth Loki said:
No it's not a great movie but it's pretty entertaining. I would say that it's better than some of the other movies SS has done though, Van Helsing, Hellboy, and yes Highlander (watcha gonna do about it)....

Fifth Element may be a better movie... or may not, never been a big fan of it, though it had some great characters in it, but unlike Hellboy, Van Helsing and Highlander, it has no other products out there, least none that I have ever seen. Hellboy and Highlander have a built in following that is out of the movie realm, from comics, cartoons, books, action figures, etc...and to some degree Van Helsing had a bit of built in follwing, least more than Fifth Element.

One of this things I would love to know is what these Licsense's cost, I can't imagine Lucasfilm giving away the Indiana Jones contract without a lot of money changing hands.

Evan

I meant GG for Corpse.

Fifth Element has some great visuals, just as Reign of Fire was a bad movie with cool dragons. A Milla in the bandage bikini as a PF would be something I'd buy, even though I'm not a fan of the film.

Darklord Dave said:
I meant GG for Corpse.

Fifth Element has some great visuals, just as Reign of Fire was a bad movie with cool dragons. A Milla in the bandage bikini as a PF would be something I'd buy, even though I'm not a fan of the film.

I may have to consider that one too :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

My favorite Tim Burton-related movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd love Sideshow to have that license. Hopefully Medicom/MR will get around to releasing replicas of all those characters. :drool

Darth Waller said:
My favorite Tim Burton-related movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd love Sideshow to have that license. Hopefully Medicom/MR will get around to releasing replicas of all those characters. :drool

thats when i get a second job!:monkey2

to the people who are saying 'bad', 'terrible', 'dissapointing', 'crap' choice of license?

........TO YOU. Don't speak for the rest of us.

5th Element is one of our favourite films, thoroughly entertaining with a stunning visual look and feel. And i would be all over a series of figures

hunky_artist said:
to the people who are saying 'bad', 'terrible', 'dissapointing', 'crap' choice of license?

5th Element is one of our favourite films, thoroughly entertaining with a stunning visual look and feel. And i would be all over a series of figures

:rock :rock :rock

hunky_artist said:

:rock :rock :rock + :rock

Anything Gary Oldman is a good thing. Now we need Dracula, Beethoven, Mason Verger, and Sirius Black!

Can't wait to see what they do with Bruce's likeness. Perhaps we'll get an updated body for Leeloo!

Customikey said:
Anything Gary Oldman is a good thing. Now we need Dracula, Beethoven, Mason Verger, and Sirius Black!

Can't wait to see what they do with Bruce's likeness. Perhaps we'll get an updated body for Leeloo!

Don't forget LEON! :chew

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Yeah, so... if they are making a figure based on Milla from FIFTH ELEMENT does that mean that SSC now has to come up with a 1/6 female body with the chest of a 12 year old boy??

Just askin'.

:cool:

Back