New Leia Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, and I thought Sideshow overcame this problem. Most of their early 1/6 figures had eyes all over the place. I went to several stores trying to find a perfect set of Platoon figures. I wish I had that option with the Leia exclusive.
This is an early production sample so maybe they've improved on the rest of them.
I don't mind the eyelashes as much as I mind the pink line under her eyes. :(

Brant, hire some better photographers while you are at too and set up some lighting!

;)

Fore real, I would say 80% of the pieces look much better in person compared to the photos on your site....

Not the best pics to drum up more interest in this one, but I suppose it has been sold out for awhile. :google

LOL @ tomandshell. :D :wacky

This HAS the be the most exciting,yet troublesome and infuriating point in Sideshows history.The masterful sculpts,the tailored clothing at risk from Ting-Tong sitting on her crate in a Beijing backroom with an HB brush in her hand!
Seriously,though,this is as big as it gets.They ve gotta sort out these paint jobs,and fast!I d love,and i m sure everyone else would,them to bring everything in-house.I m pretty sure it s going to happen someday.
I do nt know whats happened,but it s only taken place in the last two years or so.I own two PFs,Frankenstein and Connery Bond,and they are absolutely perfect.EXACTLY as the prototype pictures.So is the Wolfman,from pictures i ve seen of other peoples.But it s slid from there.Whatever anyone may say,the simple truth is that the Solo and Brosnan paint applications are sub-par.I was all for ordering Brosnan until another member posted pics of his on one of the Bond boards i frequent.Lighting can only hurt a picture so much.I know when something is right and at the moment it just is nt.
This is my first critical post on this board,and i hope it will be my last.Please sort it out.

Last edited:
7119_press06-001.jpg

This is a more flattering picture, I agree. The right eye's lashes look a lot more uniform and natural than in the mug shot.

I have to remember that seeing the falsies blown up giant on my screen is deceptive, since the 1/4 scale head is much smaller than the one on my monitor, and the actual eyelash piece itself must be absolutely tiny. It must be a very delicate and precise procedure, getting it on in the right place and position.

Thanks for your pic Tom, I'm a bit reassured...
I expect so much with this statue, I really hope we'll get it as close as the prototype shown on the Sideshow website :angelsmil

Sideshow please lighten up on the Skin tone. Han and Luke both had tans, their almost red faced and it looks the same here. You can't get a Tan in space. This dumb little problem will work wonders on the sculps.

That one last pic did look weird but the rest of them looked just like they did before.

Not sure how those first couple of "Marty Feldman" pics got through the Marketing department's filters, but :horror

It did bring a smile to my face this morning, though. :D

EDIT: I removed the original picture and replaced it with the side profile shot.
7119_press02-001.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I was looking all over Sideshow's site for this image and I can't find it. All I could find was the side profile shot. are there any other updated pics of Leia I don't know about?

Last edited:
This particular closeup got by the Sideshow quality process (read: Chris posted the wrong pic). The profile looks good, and if they solve the skin tone and wall eye issues (both of which are minor, but do add to the overall effect immensely) I'm gonna be one happy camper once my Exclusive Leia comes in.

But then I always had great faith in this figure. The facial sculpt is amazing, and you really can't fault it, although the Valar know people are trying...

BTW, am I the only one who can see her undies in the QVTR feature?

Last edited:
Hey guys, we will get you new shots. It is obvious that these are from one of our earlier lash tests. Sorry for the pic post confusion. We will get the non cantina Leia version head shots up shortly!

Chicky said:
Hey guys, we will get you new shots. It is obvious that these are from one of our earlier lash tests. Sorry for the pic post confusion. We will get the non cantina Leia version head shots up shortly!

:wacky So that is now the official SS name for the "shot that will remain nameless." :horror

Back