New Leatherface Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian87

Super Freak
Reaction score
What a confused franchise The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is. Let me give you the news first, which comes from The Wrap (spinning off some rumors from B-D).

Seth M. Sherwood has been tapped to write the new installment of the series which is being called Leatherface – a moniker already used for the 1990 entry Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III.

Millennium Films is once again spearheading this project. This is the company behind Texas Chainsaw 3D. Carl Mazzacone, Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman will serve as producers.

A director is expected to be selected soon with a possible production start this winter.

The Wrap says that this entry will be a prequel set in the ’70s that depicts the early days of Leatherface before The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Yee-haw! You keeping up with me here?

Hooper’s film spawned three sequels, a remake, a prequel to the remake, then a modern-day “direct sequel” (Texas Chainsaw 3D) and now…another prequel.

really? I couldn't stand TC3D... probably one of the worst horror sequels I've seen. specially that ending. " "Do your thing, cuz!" what were they smoking :lol

Wasn't any worse the original sequels. Next Generation everyone? What a ****fest.

Original, Remake and Remake sequel are the only ones good in the series.

it was more serious than some of the other sequels but I hated the entire second half. and I hated how some of the friends were not even killed by him but by the cop.

Wasn't any worse the original sequels. Next Generation everyone? What a ****fest.

Original, Remake and Remake sequel are the only ones good in the series.
I say TCM2 is the best in the series! The original is very good, but gets extra brownie points by folks (more than it deserves on its own merits) because of how original and influential it was. TCM2 is underrated because people had the wrong expectations, but does what it does extremely well. Possibly better than any other horror film that tried to emulate it (i.e., later Nightmare on Elm Street and Rob Zombie's movies).

That's my opinion and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Back