New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so we're not confused here.. the ROTJ Medi blows the SSC one away.

The previous Medi - the ESB version, doesn't. The helmet on the ESB Medi is better sculpted though..

That's all you guys need to know. :wave :lol

Pretty much. As far as stock figures go this is correct. Of course if you really want an ESB Boba you could go the Medimix route like I did by combining all the best parts of the Medi and SSC.

Part of me wishes I had just went with the ROTJ though just because he looks so damn goo

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Hey guys, quick question for anybody who's taken the ROTJ Boba apart to customize: are these Medi elbows double jointed? My right elbow only bends about 90 degrees, but my left elbow seems to go slightly more than that (but still not a full double-joint bend)... ?

Also, for anybody who's lowered the shoulder guards, what kind of glue did you use to re-set? Hot glue? Super/Crazy glue? My fear was the super glue bleeding through the fabric and essentially gluing the fabric to the underbody. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hey guys, quick question for anybody who's taken the ROTJ Boba apart to customize: are these Medi elbows double jointed? My right elbow only bends about 90 degrees, but my left elbow seems to go slightly more than that (but still not a full double-joint bend)... ?

Double jointed. Just be gentle.

Also, for anybody who's lowered the shoulder guards, what kind of glue did you use to re-set? Hot glue? Super/Crazy glue? My fear was the super glue bleeding through the fabric and essentially gluing the fabric to the underbody. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Any old kind of crazy/super glue is fine. Put the glue on the armor, not the fabric, when you apply it. Not too much, not too little. It won't bleed through the vest.

The arm could be backwards under the suit as well.

Interesting.. never thought of it being backwards. Thanks for the replies/advice rubio & McHaley!

That happened to me with my SS Boba. 5 mins fiddling to get it right after the initial: 'WTF is wrong with this thing!?'.

I really don't care about it being super perfect or screen accurate or what not. The collar, armor positioning, and body shape don't bother me. I just needed a body swap that wouldn't fall apart like the medicom body. Just need to know how to fit the sculpt on a hot toys slim

You might be able to use a head play neck peg. It has the arrow end that could go onto the medi head without any cutting or gluing. Otherwise I like to hollow out the bottom of the medi head (at the neck), cut an oversize piece of squishy foam with a slit in the middle. Stick the neck peg coming up from the figure into the slit and then put the head on, stuffing the foam inside. Holds it nice and tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info! I found a neck peg set on eBay. I'll definitely pick it up and see if it works. So the peg should fit just fine in the hot toys neck?

Experimenting with a case I recently purchased. I cut up the Iron Man display and I am currently in the process of putting it back together with some additional light features. Looks much better in person.

5vzqsj.jpg

Close up of my Medi repaint. :) It's the ESB one.

A couple basic mods on my Medi ROTJ Boba as suggested by this thread: Lowered shoulder pads, added tubing to the right gauntlet~ Wanted to lower the jet pack as well but don't feel like getting too destructive...

16535920735_732a511638_o.jpg

15915710293_b802b10ae7_o.jpg

16349991787_9f6b6eb235_o.jpg

16352118197_998a03413d_o.jpg

16350334498_2015dd021e_o.jpg

16538043235_26c6022d63_o.jpg

Back