New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35n1qxc.jpg

Went and redyed the jumpsuit.

He's now 100% custom, repainted boots, knees, shoulders, chest, even small touchup on the gauntlets, full repaint of the helmet + resculpt, SS belt modded, SS sash stock, medi jetpack stock.

Very happy with the outcome. Went with bahama blue instead of china blue for a stronger color, might not be accurate, but it gives him a darker appearance.

Looks great! As far as the color of the jumpsuit goes, I think the china blue is more accurate but if it faded the last time this Bahama blue may look more accurate in a few months. Regardless, I'm sure Boba had more than one jumpsuit in his closet and I think the more vivid blue looks really good. I always liked the way blue looked with Boba's color scheme. Grey is just lacking overall

Looks great! As far as the color of the jumpsuit goes, I think the china blue is more accurate but if it faded the last time this Bahama blue may look more accurate in a few months. Regardless, I'm sure Boba had more than one jumpsuit in his closet and I think the more vivid blue looks really good. I always liked the way blue looked with Boba's color scheme. Grey is just lacking overall

I'm hoping it actually does fade a little more. And I agree, while this may not be 100% accurate, it's still better looking than Medi's stock grey used for ESB. His colorfull self really pops on the shelve!

Thanks for the compliment! ^^

Got the medi fett delivered from SSC today. Must say, it's a very nice and impressive figure. Overall I'm very happy with it. I also think the size blends in well with other 6th scale figures (currently next to DX12 and S. Kyle until I can display him w. bespin luke).

I wanna ask anyone who own this ROTJ Boba figure if you found any sticky substance around the three pieces chest armors area? Mine has it straight out of the box and seems like it could be the glue they use to stick the armor on the vest. Some got on the vest too, so it looks like the vest is wet around some of the edges of the chest pieces.

Yeah it's sticky fabric glue.
Must be really cheap, because after a year the glue became weak and unglued.
Anyways, you can clean it up and not worry about it. The armor is pined to the vest. So they won't fall off. ;)

Yeah it's sticky fabric glue.
Must be really cheap, because after a year the glue became weak and unglued.
Anyways, you can clean it up and not worry about it. The armor is pined to the vest. So they won't fall off. ;)
Thanks for the verification man! Glad to know the glue is not the only thing holding the armor ;) Yeah I could clean it off, but just didn't know why it was like that in the first place, thought I was the only one having this issue, anyway, thanks again for checking and respond.

Below is a few shots of my ROTJ Boba:

P1040091_zps1419aa73.jpg

P1040060_zps445e65e9.jpg

P1040066_zps19fc69be.jpg

Thanks for the verification man! Glad to know the glue is not the only thing holding the armor ;) Yeah I could clean it off, but just didn't know why it was like that in the first place, thought I was the only one having this issue, anyway, thanks again for checking and respond.

Below is a few shots of my ROTJ Boba:

P1040091_zps1419aa73.jpg

P1040060_zps445e65e9.jpg

P1040066_zps19fc69be.jpg

Really nice shots, man, but lower those shoulder bells. :horror

I may be a little late to the party on this one, but is this version better than Sideshows last effort?

I had the original releases of these figures but they broke when I was posing them, not an extreme pose but old medicom figures are very fragile

Almost done with my Medicom Jango.

I ended up making a new vest from scratch. I wanted to re-positioned the plates but the vest was badly damaged. So I made a new one out of thin leather and painted it.

He is on a custom body. Slim tt upper body with regular tt lower body. I padded the arms just a bit.

Still a wip

P1080803_zps13fcf0b8.jpg

P1080801_zps08e1407c.jpg

P1080804_zps8d83e75e.jpg

and my custom Medi Boba still in the work.

P1080807_zpsb8f09df5.jpg

P1080808_zpsbdc90df3.jpg

And here it is on.

A whole bunch of work for it to look about the same haha but now it fits properly and it cant be taken on and off and it not all plastic.

And here it is on.

A whole bunch of work for it to look about the same haha but now it fits properly and it cant be taken on and off and it not all plastic.

You should test the ssc boba helm on in, with the medi on the tt its a lot nicer scale IMO jango helm is an easy paint job except those damned fine lines and the stock shape seems to hold up better in silver then boba's scheme does

Back