New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27xe6h2.jpg

256s1lv.jpg

Only need to custom sculpt the small button on his cheek!

Full medi repaint with sideshow/tomy earpiece bash! And widened with a 99% custom movie accurate visor!

I posted this in the customs thread but figured I'd also post here. Picked up a MIB esb fett last week. Put it on a TT, dyed the sideshow suit and took the best parts from the medi and sideshow. Both arms on the medi body broke as soon as I started undressing him. Anyway, here is the pic.

2lsuxaf.jpg

I also have the medi Rotj boba fett and I'm happy with that one as is. Body is much improved over the older medi body.

Picked up a MIB esb fett last week.

Good thing you found him MIB, thats important for an older Medi.

Both arms on the medi body broke as soon as I started undressing him.

No wai! :lol

All jokes aside (sorry, its just odd how many people start the post about MIB older Medi's and end up with a line about the breaking pieces) you did a great job mixxing and matching on your Fett, he looks great. Much better than stock.

I posted this in the customs thread but figured I'd also post here. Picked up a MIB esb fett last week. Put it on a TT, dyed the sideshow suit and took the best parts from the medi and sideshow. Both arms on the medi body broke as soon as I started undressing him. Anyway, here is the pic.

2lsuxaf.jpg

I also have the medi Rotj boba fett and I'm happy with that one as is. Body is much improved over the older medi body.

Bodysuit looks absolutely great!

Good thing you found him MIB, thats important for an older Medi.

No wai! :lol

All jokes aside (sorry, its just odd how many people start the post about MIB older Medi's and end up with a line about the breaking pieces) you did a great job mixxing and matching on your Fett, he looks great. Much better than stock.

Yeah, didn't matter about the body cause I only got him for the mix. Just did a body swap on my Jango fett 1st version. Was actually the first 1/6 I owned. All four appendages fell off once undressed. The suit was probably holding it together for years. Guess the MIB part is kinda pointless. Lets just say i got a new one at a good price

35n1qxc.jpg

Went and redyed the jumpsuit.

He's now 100% custom, repainted boots, knees, shoulders, chest, even small touchup on the gauntlets, full repaint of the helmet + resculpt, SS belt modded, SS sash stock, medi jetpack stock.

Very happy with the outcome. Went with bahama blue instead of china blue for a stronger color, might not be accurate, but it gives him a darker appearance.

Went and redyed the jumpsuit.

He's now 100% custom, repainted boots, knees, shoulders, chest, even small touchup on the gauntlets, full repaint of the helmet + resculpt, SS belt modded, SS sash stock, medi jetpack stock.

Very happy with the outcome. Went with bahama blue instead of china blue for a stronger color, might not be accurate, but it gives him a darker appearance.

IMO your old blue looked much better, that blue is not muted enough, but he looks good, you really went full crazy getting him perfected ECZ. :clap

Also, its probably just the blurriness of your closeups, but it looks like you filled in the small triangles on the helmet in the area above his nose?

Last edited:
IMO your old blue looked much better, that blue is not muted enough, but he looks good, you really went full crazy getting him perfected ECZ. :clap

Yeah it's a bit too vivid. He really pops on the shelve because of it though.. hmmm.. Maybe I'll naturally let it get toned down by leaving it in the sun for a day!

Saw this pic online and really liked the darker tone so I went for it.
boba_fett_8.jpg

Yeah, totally - the helmet looks like a mini film prop now.

Great work eczamurai! :duff

Thanks buddy! Labour of love. Been alot of work tho, went through 2 stock medi's to get this result. That's over 400$ worth of figure. Was worth it tho, I'm crazy like that. Still waiting for the SS rifle and kneepads. My kneepads broke of on BOTH Medi figures, that tells you something about Medi's plastic... :lol

Yeah it's a bit too bright. He really pops on the shelve because of it though.. hmmm.. Maybe I'll naturally let it get toned down by leaving it in the sun for a day!

Theres a portrait of the actor in the suit with the helmet off and the suit is basically that color, thought maybe you were going for that look.

Thanks buddy! Labour of love. Been alot of work tho, went through 2 stock medi's to get this result. That's over 400$ worth of figure. Was worth it tho, I'm crazy like that. Still waiting for the SS rifle and kneepads. My kneepads broke of on BOTH Medi figures, that tells you something about Medi's plastic... :lol

I'm like that too - a stickler. :lol

That's why I don't want to buy any of the released 1/6 Bobas. The Medi ROTJ version is of course excellent - but I want a nice ESB Boba, so I'll sit it out till I make a decision - or someone else :)wink1:) makes one.

:lol

I'm like that too - a stickler. :lol

That's why I don't want to buy any of the released 1/6 Bobas. The Medi ROTJ version is of course excellent - but I want a nice ESB Boba, so I'll sit it out till I make a decision - or someone else :)wink1:) makes one.

:lol

Indeed, couldn't possibly live with myself and a RotJ Medi. Not because of the quality, but more of the fact I like bad-*** Boba. Not my-weakness-is-a-stick-Boba. :lol

Quality wise I'd say the Rotj medi is a lót nicer than the ESB SS though. So if I wasn't going to customize I'd get the RotJ medi.. Shame on me. Highly doubt the RotJ SS will trump the RotJ Medi as well.

Also, its probably just the blurriness of your closeups, but it looks like you filled in the small triangles on the helmet in the area above his nose?

They're still there, just slightly harder to spot because I used alot of layers of paint to get that worn look right. So they're less sharp. If you look closely you can spot them in the above pic.

Looks very nice ecz, my only comments is that you should dip the suit in a bath of water diluted with a touch of black acrylcis to toned it down a bit and give it a more weathered look.

Back