New jack nicholson "the shining" figure!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you guys put up pictures of how you've got yours posed? I wanna see him. :)

PICT1669.jpg

I got mine, he came today!
TheShining.jpg

Not his permanent home but that's where he'll sit until I can find a nice place in the spotlight. He's a beaut. And maybe it's because I'm a weak widdle girl but I had a lot of trouble swapping his head. Damn near broke the original head (its mechanics anyway) and really strained myself to pop the other one on. But there was no way I was going to display him with his eyes forward instead of that creepy sideways look on the other head, along with the head injury.

What a gorgeous figure, but I don't think I'm going to continue to buy the high end figures. I made an exception with this one 'cause it's freaking Jack Torrance and I adore the character and the film, but I doubt I'll start buying Hot Toys and such now, unless they come out with a specific character that I just HAVE to have. This Jack Torrance I bought broke the bank! I'm so freaking overdrawn it's not funny. Don't get me wrong, he was worth it, but I'm not about to buy a Heath Ledger Joker from Hot Toys anytime soon like I've 'graduated' the cheaper figures and moved onto the ridiculously expensive and detailed ones. I've only got seven Sideshows, 2 Medicoms, 2 DC Directs and one...whoever the heck made Lt. Gay Ellis from UFO. And now a Subway. But I'm pretty happy with what I've got, this Jack Torrance was pretty much the last thing on my list that I absolutely HAD to have, and he was at the end of the list because of his high end price.

I have this kind of, "I think I'm done collecting" feeling being able to cross Jack off of the list. And it is a good feeling. :)

Good stuff Cloud. Enjoy the feeling whilst you can, 'cause they eventually do, or will, make something you just have to have. So get yourself back in the black and save up in advance, while you have the opportunity.

Btw, I had the same devil of a time trying to swap heads. I did the right thing. I gave up. :lol I'm going to feel weird buying a hair dryer. :lol

I got mine, he came today!
TheShining.jpg

This Jack Torrance I bought broke the bank! I'm so freaking overdrawn it's not funny.

First off, is that the overlook hotel in that pic? Awesome if it is. And what did you pay for him? Just curious. Saw one on the bay go for $200+ the other day. Makes me want to offload the extra I have in the closet. He's really shot up in the last six months. A must-have fig, nonetheless. Nice acquisition.

Why yes sir, that is the building they used for the exterior shots of the Overlook Hotel. :) It's called Timberline Lodge, up on Mt. Hood. About an hour's drive away from me.

And the auction you saw going for about $200, that's probably the one I bought mine from. I think he had two left after I bought mine. Helluva lot to pay for a figure IMO but Jack was worth it. :) But like I said, it made me overdrawn at the bank. Now I need to get back in the green. Hopefully can soon thanks to my eBay auctions. I did post a "WTB" thread for this figure in the commerce section before I bought it from that seller on eBay but nobody responded. :(

400 ish i think. Did u guys notice that some of them have tight jeans and others more loose fiting jeans?

Sorry to quote me, but i wanted to say that what you see above cost me about 110$ (shirt ~10, red jacket ~20, jeans ~10, boots ~ 5, ht body ~35, head ~25. Still need the axe, which is about 10$). But the downside was that i had to hunt for items and prices, although it was a fun ride :)

Good stuff Cloud. Enjoy the feeling whilst you can, 'cause they eventually do, or will, make something you just have to have. So get yourself back in the black and save up in advance, while you have the opportunity.
I might stop coming to this site for that very reason. Out of sight, out of mind. I've been unsubscribing from a lot of online stores' newsletters so I won't be tempted anymore.

Back