New jack nicholson "the shining" figure!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is what it is when it came out. It's unlicensed. It's also stylized. Like the bananas for hair on the on the Cloude Strife in your pictures lol.

Oh now the gloves come off!

"Cloude" Strife suffers from anime hair, it defies gravity. He knows it, they know it, they call him "spikey" for a reason.

THAT figure is going for nearly a half a grand and it looks like donkey ???? compared to Subway's. Maybe "for it's time" it was okay, but does that make it a "kickass" figure? For her time, Raggedy Ann was da ????. Does that make her a kickass doll compared to say a freaking Madame Alexander?

Well several old Mego figures look like complete jokes today, but still doesn't keep them from selling for some large prices.

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay. We all have different tastes. Even if that is banana haired characters!!

That's it. You insult Cloud and you're stepping on my tail.

I'm sending Pazuzu after you.
PazuzuAvatar.png

imhappyplz.gif

If I wasn't a V for Vendetta fan, myself, I'd give you ???? about V cooking Evie eggie in a basket wearing a pink apron. ;)

BTW in my eBay hunt I found this abomination:
P1050257.jpg

*shudders*

EDIT: And he's going for $450!

Yeah, this "abomination" lol is the dreaded crm jack torrance, and legends say he was really hip back in the days. Like, i dunno, but he was. And as soon as the subway version appeared, people started selling them, being happy to get what they payed for. Now, he's 450. ~fin~

Oh and cloud, how much did you payed for yours?

Somewhere in the ballpark of $200 USD, not including shipping from Hong Kong. I was really holding off buying him until I realized it's only gonna get worse.

Of course.

In other news, his jeans just arrived, a naked man.. NO MORE

4e6c5e78d0.jpg

Soon with updated pics :">

Haha.

You know, when I was a little girl I had a wicked crush on Jack Torrance but seeing that figure there with no pants on doesn't do a thing for me. ;)

Yep, collectors need to respect their elders (or older product).

CRM was the only game in town when it came out, and honestly was a very kickass figure at the time. But, as we all know improvements are made and comparing the two now is not at all fair.

I sold my CRM after I got the Subway version and I got $180 for him. About $20 less than I paid, but I have no regrets.

I just wonder, when both versions are available on eBay right now, who would buy the CRM version for $450 when they could get the Subway one for $200?

No one would... that figure (same image at least) has been up for months and gotten no buyers.

I attempted to get a higher price for him after the Subway figure was announced, but like all collectibles once a better and cheaper alternative is available prices tank. But with an actual auction it did end at $180, a similar price to what Subway was selling for at the time.

At one time the CRM would sell for around $500. Again, you have to keep in mind that it was the only game in town and was limited to between 80 and 120 pieces. So, it was the only Jack Torrance figure in existence and incredibly limited.

Here's my comparison image, it is fairly painful how much better the new figure is :lol
jacke.jpg

Finally his jeans arrived, so now he's all dressed up and ready for party. Next stop, his good friend, the axe \:D/

So, to recap: pmc gear shirt, subway red jacket, zy jeans, ht desert ops boots, all on a truetype body :)

Your Jack Torrance appears to be eying Ledger's Joker, as if to say "This axe determines who the best Joker was."

I'm so impatient for my Jack to arriiiiiive! He still hasn't left Hong Kong. Thank goodness the seller gave me a tracking number. Can you guys put up pictures of how you've got yours posed? I wanna see him. :)

Also, does he come with a stand?

Back