New Hot Toys Terminator Character Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for T1. The T1 T-800 needs to be redone with Arnie's likeness. Come on Hot Toys. Make it happen.

List of Terminators I want to see HT make.

T-800 T1
T-800 Cyberdyne Mini-Gun with M79
T-800 Battle Damaged Final Battle
Sarah Connor from T2 (maybe)

If Hot Toys made a final version of the T-850 from T3, I'd buy it.

arnold_schwarzenegger-terminator-3.jpg

Actually yes, much as I hate T3, I would undoubtedly feel compelled to buy this if they made it. With the whole left side of his body almost endoskeletonised it'd be amazingly detailed and complex when combining normal endo-articulation with torn and burnt flesh and tattered clothes..plus LED eye. This would be stunning.

Actually yes, much as I hate T3, I would undoubtedly feel compelled to buy this if they made it. With the whole left side of his body almost endoskeletonised it'd be amazingly detailed and complex when combining normal endo-articulation with torn and burnt flesh and tattered clothes..plus LED eye. This would be stunning.

Exactly, say what you want about the film, but as figures go, the level of damage and detail that would be present on a final T-850 would be awesome.

Indeed. Even a clean T-850, though much less a priority than T1 and T2 Arnie would probably still tempt me with a good 'old' arnie likeness. This from just being an Arnie fan generally. Don't think I'd be interested in the TX in any form though for similar reasons as my passing on Marcus - has no ties to the classic films.

T-850 from the Cemetary scene might be tempting depending on how the figure turned out, but the battle damage end one, I can tell without seeing a prototype that it kick ass.

You'd need one heck of a stand to get that figure to stay vertical with a coffin on one shoulder. I still have the McFarlane figure of that scene, pretty good.

Also you were right about what you said earlier, these figures would work best with a new detailed plastic Arnie body rather than just reusing the Dutch body. Both for the articulation of the torso and arms and also so the head and neck can be all-in-one sculpts as opposed to the way it had to be for Dutch. That head is slightly detracted from by the obvious articulation line under the jaw and bottom hairline. I know why it was necessary there but I'd rather it not carry over to the Terminators aswell.

Voted T1 T-800, but I'm sure they'll put out several T2 versions (regular and BD) before going back to do a T1 T-800.

Voted T2 T-800...
Hoping for a complete DX with minigun, shotgun, grenade launcher, 2 headscults, etc.

Also you were right about what you said earlier, these figures would work best with a new detailed plastic Arnie body rather than just reusing the Dutch body. Both for the articulation of the torso and arms and also so the head and neck can be all-in-one sculpts as opposed to the way it had to be for Dutch. That head is slightly detracted from by the obvious articulation line under the jaw and bottom hairline. I know why it was necessary there but I'd rather it not carry over to the Terminators aswell.

I have a feeling it'll be a mix. Battle damaged figures will feature bodies where the neck is part of the head sculpt, clean figures will likely either have sculpted necks on the body or double jointed necks.

As far as figures we might see, this is what I would get without question.

T1
Biker T-800
Biker T-800 Battle Damaged (full end of film damage)
Kyle Reese 1984

T2
T-800
T-800 Battle Damaged
T-1000 Battle Damaged (ideally, spilt head and eye hole head and various weapon arms)
T-1000 Biker Cop

T3
T-850 Final Battle Damage

I dunno, I think all you need for the biker outfit from the first film is one figure with swappable parts. Not much visible damage is sustained to this outfit even after the police station shootout apart from about two holes in the front of the vest as depicted in the original MMS figure. I think HT could get away with a clean body and outfit, a headsculpt with the spiky hair and absent eyebrows, and just a fully BD head as an alternate. 2 birds with 1 stone there. Battledamaged gloved hands can also be provided as alternates to cover that angle. The only thing I haven't mentioned to my knowledge is the messed-up eye (from after the DIY surgery scene) on the relatively clean headsculpt. Should they leave that detail out or put it in for total scene accuracy to the police shootout? I say leave it out because we'd primarily have him with the sunglasses on anyway and by leaving his eye intact the figure would be good for scenes earlier in the film.

Anywho, I'd best go asleep for now. Mind you I've already passed that critical point where it will hardly make any difference to how tired I'll be tomorrow if I go asleep now or in 2 hours time.

Last edited:
I can't remember, but I thought they rigged so some Endo legged showed after he gets run over by the truck in T1, maybe I'm wrong.

Probably not enough to justify making 2 different figures out of it though. If there was that kind of damage it was very fleetingly seen since neither of us has much of a memory of it. For me its got to be Tech Noir T-800 and Reese as the most important followed by the police station shootout (biker) remake.

Seriously now :sleep

I hate his costume prior to the police shootout, I truly hope they remake that costume if they touch T1.

And Reese best be 1984 if they do him, that's his core costume, and he better come with both trenchcoats.

Technoir outfit is a must, anyone that doesnt like it is dead to me, is not a Terminator fan and needs to leave the thread.

T3 has this Arnie collectible
actionfigurexpress_1988_108353968.jpg

T2 has this Arnie collectible
1871333a0.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg
Plus the Neca stuff, Sideshow stuff and all the endos
T1 has.....
NOTHING in an Arnie likeness
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AfIlAJ6flvw&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AfIlAJ6flvw&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back