New guy from NC via WV and VA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griff WV

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello, all.

I've been visiting the forums for a while, but just recently started collecting some of the upper end collectibles. I've been reading comics since I was a kid in the early 80s. I read mostly Batman with some Wolverine, Punisher, X-men, Spiderman, Avengers, etc thrown in. My most recent additions to my figure collection include the Batman Sideshow Sixth Scale figure (Blue/Gray), and the Mezco Dark Knight Returns figures. Some of my smaller figures include the Dark Knight Returns first edition set from 2004, some figures from the Hush line, the figures from The Long Halloween and Dark Victory, and some others. Some of the statues I own are the 10th anniversary Dark Knight Returns statue, Randy Bowen's Lobo statue, and Batman Clock Tower statue.

I've got the new Batman Sixth Scale Gotham Knight figure preordered.... With all the cool stuff that's come out in the last few years, I'm going to need another job :). I look forward to great discussions on the board!

Welcome to the boards!

With all the cool stuff that's come out in the last few years, I'm going to need another job :).

I completely sympathize. It seems that this hobby, at least for me, is 1/3 finding cool things to get, 1/3 figuring out how to pay for it, and 1/3 convincing my wife that my collection needs the piece.

Since one of the main things you focus on is Batman, I have the Sideshow Batman PF and love it! It's got wonderful presence in my collection (and my wife even likes that one!).

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! It's always great to find friendly people with similar interests.

Welcome to the boards!

I completely sympathize. It seems that this hobby, at least for me, is 1/3 finding cool things to get, 1/3 figuring out how to pay for it, and 1/3 convincing my wife that my collection needs the piece.

Since one of the main things you focus on is Batman, I have the Sideshow Batman PF and love it! It's got wonderful presence in my collection (and my wife even likes that one!).

A friend of mine runs a comic shop in town and when I said my wife would kill me for getting three of the Mezco DKR figures, he said, "Hey, it's comics... No one stays dead forever." Purchase justified.

Back