New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ecto also seats three across. I don't think you realize how big and wide a Cadilac hearse is dude.

for a 1/1, yes it's big, 1/6, not that much really. unless you already have a 1/6 Cadilac.

for a 1/1, yes it's big, 1/6, not that much really. unless you already have a 1/6 Cadilac.

Nope but I do have the Delorean and the 89 Batmobile. Maybe you are right but I am just thinking of all the stuff on the roof, the fact that it has two rows of seat that fits three across where al the other fit only two people.

Nope but I do have the Delorean and the 89 Batmobile. Maybe you are right but I am just thinking of all the stuff on the roof, the fact that it has two rows of seat that fits three across where al the other fit only two people.

it's only a major space problem if you decide to pull out the proton pack racks.

The Ecto 1 and the 89 Batmobile are close in size.

ECTO 1

Weight 6,000 pounds

Length 249 inches - 20 feet

Width 80.2 inches- 6.7 feet

Height 96 inches - 8 feet

wheelbase 160 inches

tires 8.20 x 15

Batmobile 89

Weight ?

Length 260.7 inches - 22 feet (more or less)

Width 94.4 inches - 7.8 feet

Height 51.2 inches- 4.2 feet

wheelbase 141.0 in.

Tires: High aspect L60-15

The new DS figures to me...I know the sculpts can be slightly off, but then I was never big on that, but when you compare a mattel GB figure to the new DS ones, you cant help but notice the incredible detail on the new ones, even the zippers and belt gizmos are beautiful. its almost more like work of art whereas mattel looks like a kids toy. the pack is so detailed, evenm the stickers you can really see on them! I like the bigger size, YES the streams are crappy, and the head sculpts, especially murray are always gonna be hard to nail, but the point is you can easily tell whos who and that's all that's important. the suit and gadget sculpts are excellent, and IMO blow the matty ones away. never thought we'd actually get these sort of GB figures, AND that dio is gonna be sweet. plus all the gadgets you get all at once! no waiting for mattel to release a billion figures to get all the crappy looking gadgets.

one thing I will say about mattel that they did that I love is all those ghosts...that's something that most companies probably wouldn't do, but that practically made all the onscreen ghosts, AND Vigo. so at least you know you can get the ghosts online separately. plus those gadget props....omg, I'm in love with the trap and the PKE, those are things that both look excellent AND function right. the neutrino wand and ecto goggles are excellent as well, I just love there props and glad we finally have realistic looking funcationing GB gadgets for those who don't have a million bucks to get to custom ones. all you really need is to make your own pack, which I am in the process of doing.

Last edited:
The Ecto 1 and the 89 Batmobile are close in size.

ECTO 1

Weight 6,000 pounds

Length 249 inches - 20 feet

Width 80.2 inches- 6.7 feet

Height 96 inches - 8 feet

wheelbase 160 inches

tires 8.20 x 15

Batmobile 89

Weight ?

Length 260.7 inches - 22 feet (more or less)

Width 94.4 inches - 7.8 feet

Height 51.2 inches- 4.2 feet

wheelbase 141.0 in.

Tires: High aspect L60-15

That's cool info. I thought the Batmobile would be longer but I am surprised it's wider. You wouldn't think it to be wider.

The new DS figures to me...I know the sculpts can be slightly off, but then I was never big on that, but when you compare a mattel GB figure to the new DS ones, you cant help but notice the incredible detail on the new ones, even the zippers and belt gizmos are beautiful. its almost more like work of art whereas mattel looks like a kids toy. the pack is so detailed, evenm the stickers you can really see on them! I like the bigger size, YES the streams are crappy, and the head sculpts, especially murray are always gonna be hard to nail, but the point is you can easily tell whos who and that's all that's important. the suit and gadget sculpts are excellent, and IMO blow the matty ones away. never thought we'd actually get these sort of GB figures, AND that dio is gonna be sweet. plus all the gadgets you get all at once! no waiting for mattel to release a billion figures to get all the crappy looking gadgets.

one thing I will say about mattel that they did that I love is all those ghosts...that's something that most companies probably wouldn't do, but that practically made all the onscreen ghosts, AND Vigo. so at least you know you can get the ghosts online separately. plus those gadget props....omg, I'm in love with the trap and the PKE, those are things that both look excellent AND function right. the neutrino wand and ecto goggles are excellent as well, I just love there props and glad we finally have realistic looking funcationing GB gadgets for those who don't have a million bucks to get to custom ones. all you really need is to make your own pack, which I am in the process of doing.

If you live outside the us its not far off a 'million bucks' to get the Matty props. Between price, shipping and inevitable import duty it all gets VERY expensive......

Checked out Jillian last night, along with Rowan single pack and the Rowan BAF.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-051316a.htm

Jillian is a bit of an improvement over the other three, but not a lot.

review_rowan_large.jpg

These are the times that I feel bad that you have to purchase the figures you review. God bless you, Michael Crawford. Taking one for the team.

I saw the 2016 GB toys myself and yeah. Crap. As for the film, I'm on the band wagon of waiting to actually see it before I judge. The fact I'm not a huge GB fan to begin with really helps. XD

As for GB 2016 merchandise, I'm only interested in the Lego sets. Would make a nice companion piece to the Lego classic Ecto-1 + Ghostbusters set I got yesterday.

For those in the Miami area, the TRU in the doral store has series 2 of ghostbusters. Sadly all that's left was 2 Diana's, looks like these are 2 of each character. Well at least these are here so I'm going to keep checking my other stores if they have them and get my busters quick before TRU raise the price like last time.

For those in the Miami area, the TRU in the doral store has series 2 of ghostbusters. Sadly all that's left was 2 Diana's, looks like these are 2 of each character. Well at least these are here so I'm going to keep checking my other stores if they have them and get my busters quick before TRU raise the price like last time.

God bless you.

I got DS series 2 from TRU, and I'm pretty happy with the likenesses, especially Peter Venkman. I'm surprised TRU.com still doesn't have them :dunno Overall, they look very good, especially for the price.

Back