New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree. My whole complaint is this stupid game and I ain't playing.
There is no "sticking it to the man" mentality. I don't want to do this dance with Mattel. I get the just order and cancel angle, but I don't want to do that; I shouldn't have to.
I know that's how Mattel wants to handle this matter and that's fine.

Nobody wins with that mentality. What does it hurt to put in a pre-order on something that you can cancel if it's not up to your standards? If it doesn't go through you won't even have to do that much. The only ones with something to lose are Matty because they're relying on these numbers, and if they actually go to production with this and people aren't happy with the finished product there will be cancellations left and right.

The opportunity to get something like this will not likely present itself again, so not giving it a legitimate chance to succeed just because you don't want to "play the game" is rather short sighted. Matty isn't being unreasonable and keeping a stranglehold on everyone who pre-orders, so they must feel like they can deliver on this. And if they do it could go down as one of the coolest toys ever made.

Since we won't be able to get the new ecto 1, I'm thinking about getting the Hot Wheels version. Does anyone know what the difference is between the 1/18 elite Ecto 1 and the new 1/18 Heritage Ecto 1 from Hot Wheels? They are both diecast and look the same in the photos...anyone?

:monkey2

Ecto_600x600_v11.jpg

Since we won't be able to get the new ecto 1, I'm thinking about getting the Hot Wheels version. Does anyone know what the difference is between the 1/18 elite Ecto 1 and the new 1/18 Heritage Ecto 1 from Hot Wheels? They are both diecast and look the same in the photos...anyone?

From what people say the difference between the elite and heritage is the wheels will more than likely be plastic instead of rubber and a lot more of the smaller detailing will be missing.

I just bought the 1/18 elite ecto 1 for £115 posted as including postage the Heritage would be £40 cheaper anyway at about £75.

Good. **** you Mattel.

Hopefully by this time next year the GB license is up for grabs again.

:rolleyes2
The ones that are screwed here are us fans... not Mattel...

Mattel still has the license due to the props they are making...
Even if the license were up for grabs who would you think would pick it up and give us an in scale vehicle?
Or would you rather start a NEW collection from scratch of 6" figures? :dunno

NECA won't pursue the license again... and if they did, they don't make vehicles.
Doubtful that Hasbro would pick it up since they only do mass-market lines with current entertainment.
Diamond didn't make an Ecto-1 for the Minimates, so no chance in hell they will make one for the 6" figures.

So, this was it... this was the chance to get a great Ecto-1 to go along with the Mattel figures...

If you're expecting to see GB from Sideshow or Hot Toys, well... sit down because it will be a LONG wait.

Unless they make a NEW movie, nobody is going to touch the license now. :(

Nobody wins with that mentality. What does it hurt to put in a pre-order on something that you can cancel if it's not up to your standards? If it doesn't go through you won't even have to do that much. The only ones with something to lose are Matty because they're relying on these numbers, and if they actually go to production with this and people aren't happy with the finished product there will be cancellations left and right.

The opportunity to get something like this will not likely present itself again, so not giving it a legitimate chance to succeed just because you don't want to "play the game" is rather short sighted. Matty isn't being unreasonable and keeping a stranglehold on everyone who pre-orders, so they must feel like they can deliver on this. And if they do it could go down as one of the coolest toys ever made.
So it's better to be disingenuous and pre-order even when you know the chances you would buy are nearly zero, than actually signaling the truth to Mattel--that someone isn't willing to pay that much for what they are proposing, particularly without more details regarding the quality level that would justify such a cost?

I am speaking to Matty by not pre-ordering. They may chalk some of it up to a lack of interest in the line, but if they have sense (which I'm sure they do), they will also understand that they need more transparency and to be more reasonable if they really want to succeed with things like this.

Again... Mattel isn't sweating it...
us are the ones that get the short end of the stick...

true,but arn't you sick of...It's Mattel's way or the highway?

They couldn't just throw in those new figures into the whole price of $215 package? because all those Ghosstbusters fans have to rebuy those same figures over just to sit them into the car...

Again... Mattel isn't sweating it...
us are the ones that get the short end of the stick...
I'm sure they aren't sweating it, but if they want to be unreasonable, then this is what happens. Lesson learned. Like Teemu says, even sweetening the deal a little could have helped. If not figures, then what are some of the swanky new features that would warrant such a price? We don't know. "Amazing details" ain't gonna cut it.

:rolleyes2
The ones that are screwed here are us fans... not Mattel...

Mattel still has the license due to the props they are making...
Even if the license were up for grabs who would you think would pick it up and give us an in scale vehicle?
Or would you rather start a NEW collection from scratch of 6" figures? :dunno

NECA won't pursue the license again... and if they did, they don't make vehicles.
Doubtful that Hasbro would pick it up since they only do mass-market lines with current entertainment.
Diamond didn't make an Ecto-1 for the Minimates, so no chance in hell they will make one for the 6" figures.

So, this was it... this was the chance to get a great Ecto-1 to go along with the Mattel figures...

If you're expecting to see GB from Sideshow or Hot Toys, well... sit down because it will be a LONG wait.

Unless they make a NEW movie, nobody is going to touch the license now. :(

And thats my fault for not giving them $300 for a picture they printed out on the internet? What are you actually playing with these on your rug? These look like children's toys displayed next to the rest of my figures. The last thing I need are these incompetent tards re-releasing 4 figures I already have "WITH REMOVABLE DERPS!" for the next year and a half. Oh no! What will I do without a Jasnosz figure with Babycarriage from GB2?! And I only have to call out of work and spend $30 on it! Or a Mr.Stay Puft that will deteriorate before the year is out?! We're screwed now!

No car collectors give a flying dump about this thing because A. it doesn't even exist, you're crying about a ****ing picture they printed out and taped togeather, and B. far better replicas do exist and are cheaper. You're talking about this thing like it's some masterpiece, it's not real, it's only an idea. I have plenty of those I can sell you, you send me $300 I'll let you know what I come up with in a year.

These guys are so stupid and desperate they are announcing a Proton Gun without a Pack. It's like selling the the plastic tube of a leafblower without the motor and saying if the plastic sells well, they will turn it into a real usable thing someday maybe. You're pretty sad to cling to this crap.

These morons don't deserve this license and everyone who's ever given them a cent deserves better. They ****ed up with MOTU, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters, don't blame this license like it's a death trap just because these guys want to milk you dry.

Last edited:
What are you actually playing with these on your rug? These look like children's toys displayed next to the rest of my figures. The last thing I need are these incompetent tards re-releasing 4 figures I already have "WITH REMOVABLE DERPS!" for the next year and a half.

No car collectors give a flying dump about this thing because A. it doesn't even exist, you're crying about a ****ing picture they printed out and taped togeather, and B. far better replicas do exist and are cheaper. You're talking about this thing like it's some masterpiece, it's not real, it's only an idea. I have plenty of those I can sell you, you send me $300 I'll let you know what I come up with in a year.

These guys are so stupid and desperate they are announcing a Proton Gun without a Pack. It's like selling the the plastic tube of a leafblower without the motor and saying if the plastic sells well, they will turn it into a real usable thing someday maybe. You're pretty sad to cling to this crap.

These morons don't deserve this license and everyone who's ever given them a cent deserves better. They ****ed up with MOTU, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters, don't blame this license like it's a death trap just because these guys want to milk you dry.

Dekard, you and me, lets order 99 Ectos each! so that Scott (toy guru) can do this "ghostbusters dance" again! :hi5:

It's like selling the the plastic tube of a leafblower without the motor and saying if the plastic sells well, they will turn it into a real usable thing someday maybe.
Are they really saying that the rest of the proton pack will only be produced if enough neutrina wands are sold? :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/Kv_-KOdM6Wk[/ame]

This says everything. Who ya gonna call? He-MAN! Mattel are the ungrateful little yuppie larvae.

Are they really saying that the rest of the proton pack will only be produced if enough neutrina wands are sold? :lol

Yep.

true,but arn't you sick of...It's Mattel's way or the highway?

They couldn't just throw in those new figures into the whole price of $215 package? because all those Ghosstbusters fans have to rebuy those same figures over just to sit them into the car...

I don't mind the figures... I just wanted the Ecto-1

I'm sure they aren't sweating it, but if they want to be unreasonable, then this is what happens. Lesson learned. Like Teemu says, even sweetening the deal a little could have helped. If not figures, then what are some of the swanky new features that would warrant such a price? We don't know. "Amazing details" ain't gonna cut it.

Meh... we had nothing to loose... doesn't matter now anyways...

What are you actually playing with these on your rug? These look like children's toys displayed next to the rest of my figures. The last thing I need are these incompetent tards re-releasing 4 figures I already have "WITH REMOVABLE DERPS!" for the next year and a half. Oh no! What will I do without a Jasnosz figure with Babycarriage from GB2?! And I only have to call out of work and spend $30 on it! Or a Mr.Stay Puft that will deteriorate before the year is out?!

First... it's Mattel... they make TOYS...
No, I do not play with them... I display them...
Removable packs is a bonus feature, the main thing is the ECTO-1
I would love a Janosz with carriage!! :lol :lecture
Stay Puft yellowing sucked... but you can return it if you're unhappy with it... so...

I have both the Hot Wheels Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A and I doubt they could top those, but this one is intended for the 6" figure line so I don't get your logic.
Chill dude, I've never said this line is a masterpiece, it's a toy-line... in case you didn't get the memo, Mattel makes toys... :lol

Besides, you don't have to pay a single cent to pre-order the Ecto-1... you don't get charged until it ships, you can cancel it at anytime or you can return it if you don't like it...
I don't get the whining and moaning for this particular item :dunno

Yeah 'cuz announcing a $500.00 pack with wand would go great with whiny fans... :lol
Your analogy is what's pretty pathetic... I am not clinging to anything, I buy what I want so relax dude... sorry if Mattel raped your childhood... :lol

Er... they didn't **** up MOTU... 5 years and counting for a toyline this days it's quite the success...
Back to the Future was a combination of them screwing up and OCD fans...
Seems like you have some serious issues with Mattel... you should talk to them!

Did the collectors play any role in Matty not pursuing 6" BTTF figures? Seems like that was all on Matty, assuming it wouldn't be popular enough to warrant the new tooling.

No Mattel didn't rape anyone's childhood, these are just toys. Dan is trying hard to do that though and we'll see what happens.

Mattel simply wasted 2 years of our lives with substandard crap. Both in quality and quanity and expects with a track record like Stay Puft, the Hoverboard, and MOTU playset, to still be trusted with preorders even though they don't trust their clients to buy the stuff and that's incredibly insulting and stupid and seeing people be an apologetic pawn of it is incredibly sad. The fans aren't screwed because we never had any Ecto to buy to begin with. If you feel screwed over by not being able to pay $100 for 4 figures you already own with 1 removable part they also already included and that Mattel lied about and said didn't exist even after the prototypes showed up on ebay a few months back than be my guest.

As for the pack, they could announce that indeed a pack is coming as opposed to "maybe if you buy enough we'll do it". What a buncha ****ing scumbags.

The joke is on them. They had an oppurtunity to sculpt Bill F'n Murray. Now they have to go back to making french turn of the century armoires and drapes for Barbie's Dream House.

As for the pack, they could announce that indeed a pack is coming as opposed to "maybe if you buy enough we'll do it". What a buncha ****ing scumbags.
That is beyond lame, IMO. It's like they are hustling collectors. Do they really need to do that? :lol

They had an oppurtunity to sculpt Bill F'n Murray.
And what a job they did. . .

OlFloai.jpg

Thank the heavens for Snyder-Man and Rocco.

Back