New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the 1/6 GBII sets have been pushed back to July. I seem to remember originally that the Winston and Venkman 2 pack were originally scheduled for April...

Looks like the 1/6 GBII sets have been pushed back to July...

Where did you read that? I haven't heard of a new release date...

On the previous page, in the thumbnail under one of the 6" figures. You can see the 12" guys, Venkman still in the wrong jumpsuit...and the placard in front says July 2011 for both 2 packs...

attachment.php

Yea 7 years ago at retail. Wasn't an exclusive.

This looks awesome, will definately pick him up and that Diorama backdrop is great, will help to display all the figures.

Matty sells their crap-tastic 12" figures for $70, so I'm not surprised they would do the same with that. Looks like his only articulation may be his neck.

I would probably try to buy one for my daughter's room.

I got only one Ghostbusters figure wich is slimed Peter Venkman or two because he came with Slimer.Stay Puft looks excellent SDCC exclusive.Price of that figure is mayde too high price Im not sure.Looks like hes got only 3-5 articulated joints.

Just received my 8 pairs of Newline Black boots yesterday! :yess:

Now I'm a step closer to completing my set of 4 custom 12" GBI guys...with 4 extra pairs on deck for the GBII set. :clap

Here's my checklist --

1. Mattel Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore and Spengler 12" figures
2. Spencer sculpts of Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore and Spengler (currently with J. Small for paint-up treatment! :rock)
3. 8 X Newline black boots (4 for GBI, 4 for GBII)
4. 4 X canvas web-belts (for GBI, need 4 more for GB II)
5. 4 X HT USMC II MEF Tan Flight Suit (need 4 more for GBII)

Also still need 4-8 narrow-shoulder TT's, and maybe something better to replace the gloved hands as well.

Anyways, almost have my full recipe together. Will post pics as it all starts to come together...stay tuned. :hi5:

Just received my 8 pairs of Newline Black boots yesterday! :yess:

Now I'm a step closer to completing my set of 4 custom 12" GBI guys...with 4 extra pairs on deck for the GBII set. :clap

Here's my checklist --

1. Mattel Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore and Spengler 12" figures
2. Spencer sculpts of Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore and Spengler (currently with J. Small for paint-up treatment! :rock)
3. 8 X Newline black boots (4 for GBI, 4 for GBII)
4. 4 X canvas web-belts (for GBI, need 4 more for GB II)
5. 4 X HT USMC II MEF Tan Flight Suit (need 4 more for GBII)

Also still need 4-8 narrow-shoulder TT's, and maybe something better to replace the gloved hands as well.

Anyways, almost have my full recipe together. Will post pics as it all starts to come together...stay tuned. :hi5:

:goodpost: This sounds like it will be AWESOME! I am really looking forward to seeing the final on these. :clap

As far as the Stay Puft man, he looks great! I am really excited for him and at his size I feel he is pretty reasonably priced. Shipping will probably suck though, haha.

looking forward to your customs Fett!

BTW, info on Stay Puft...

Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ($70)

Stay Puft is the largest item ever made by Mattel and sold at SDCC, standing at over 20" tall! Our favorite squishy villain is made from soft foam and features articulation at the arms, head and legs. A huge city diorama is included in the packaging – perfect for displaying your entire Ghostbusters collection! He’ll be available first at SDCC, then here on MattyCollector.com.

DSC_2453_001_md.jpg

I don't know if it's just me, but there's something a little bit off IMO...
looks a bit "elongated"... and the face looks a bit weird... maybe it's just the pic... :dunno

You gotta wonder about that "squishy foam" material as well. If it's the same stuff they use in stress balls, will it also yellow over time? Will the surface layer eventually crack and flake off? Anything with "squishy" or "rubbery" in its product description usually has a limited lifespan.

I'll stick with my NECA version for now, methinks.

Yeah, I don't agree with the decision to use some kind of foam material. This isn't something collectors are gonna want to feel and play with. It is something they are gonna want to display, and preferably, without fears of it degrading and falling apart.

Back