New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More news from the front guys...

6" Figures
Aug 2010: "Ready to Believe You" Ray Stantz with Subway Ghost
Sept 2010: Egon Spengler with PKE and vertically stacked books.
Nov 2010: Unslimed Peter Venkman.
Dec 2010: Ghostbusters 2 Four Pack, available at Toys R Us (Price $50).
Jan 2011: Club Ecto-1 Exclusive "Marshmallow Mess" Ray Stantz with Blast Effects.
Jan 2011: Ghostbusters 2 Winston Zeddemore with Slime Blower and Tripod Trap.
March 2011: Courtroom Peter Venkman with Nunzio Scoleri.
May 2011: Louis Tully (5.5" Tall) with Multiple Heads (Possessed, and Terror Dog)

12" Figures
Aug 2010: Winston Zeddemore with Building Blueprints, Twinkie and Wanted Ad.
Feb 2011: Winston Zeddemore and Peter Venkman 2-Pack with Multiple Outfits and Accessories.

the ecto-1 exclusive

2d7hflx.jpg

Yeah he had quite a bit more marshmallow on him in the film. They should have made it Venkman if they wanted to go on the less mess route.

I signed up for the club just so I'd get them all. I would have bought them all anyway.

Really let down by Mattel. Just a bunch of the same characters with different clothing in the 6 inch line, except of course for Louis Tully and the lone Scoleri Bro. Is this lazy toymaking on the part of Mattel? I can almost guarantee that we've seen the 2012, 2013, and 2014 Club Ecto exclusives now as well...Egon, Winston, and Peter with marshmallow, using the exact same sculpts of course.

As for the 12 inch line, they're re-releasing the exact same figures in 2-packs with more accessories, such as change-out flight outfits, the dancing toaster from GB2, etc. I'm NOT buying the same figures again just to get new outfits and tiny toys when I just display them with their packs anyways.

Fans were clamoring for Vigo, the Librarian, Gozer, all sorts of things but Matty dropped the ball on their toy lines. If this is all we are getting, I won't be buying a single 12 or 6 inch figure in 2011.

Rant over, I do want to applaud Mattel for the PKE meter and hope that we get more prop replicas in the future.

as much as i am excited to see new ghosbuster figures, i am also pretty dissapointed. i really would love those assecories, like rays ecto goggles and egons PKE meter, but do i really have to buy those crappy repaint figures that they come with? at least even though i could have done with the walter peck, at least he came with the awsome containment unit which is a large and great assescory. egon figure is lame, marshmellow ray is lame, courtroom peter is kinda lame, ray in lab coat is pretty lame as well. the GB 2 winston looks pretty sweet though, with the slime blower, but i do not understand what the hell the tripod trap is? what scene was that it? louis tully might be cool but honestly i could do without that character. i cannot BELIEVE they didnt make a viggo the carpathian or a newer gozer the gozarian.

as much as i am excited to see new ghosbuster figures, i am also pretty dissapointed. i really would love those assecories, like rays ecto goggles and egons PKE meter, but do i really have to buy those crappy repaint figures that they come with? at least even though i could have done with the walter peck, at least he came with the awsome containment unit which is a large and great assescory. egon figure is lame, marshmellow ray is lame, courtroom peter is kinda lame, ray in lab coat is pretty lame as well. the GB 2 winston looks pretty sweet though, with the slime blower, but i do not understand what the hell the tripod trap is? what scene was that it? louis tully might be cool but honestly i could do without that character. i cannot BELIEVE they didnt make a viggo the carpathian or a newer gozer the gozarian.

i believe the tripod trap is from the jewellery store scene in GB2

:horroroh man!! yes! awsome! finally glad to see GB 2 getting some love! i thought the darker suits was a cool change from the typical brown suits we always see, but i really hope we get them with the slime blowers next! but this is awsome, didnt see this coming! glad these will be available in stores at TRU. and all 4 of them! the christmas hats are cute but i prolly wont display them that way lol. but its a nice touch. if they dont make viggo i will be pissed!

oh hyeah, i also got my venkman in the mail the other day, had to resort to evilbay, but i am sooo happy to have all 4 of them finally! i gotta get a picture up soon!

is that a thundercats figure in the corner?

Well...
now I'm not sure I'll buy the Ecto-1 sub...Exclusive is kind of lame...other figures just re-paints for the most part...
The only cool thing is we're getting Lois Tully and the first of the Scoleri Bros...
I was expecting Gozer, Terror Dogs and Viggo...
oh well...

I'm not getting the subscription, it's not worth it. The figure is not that great to be considered an EXCLUSIVE. I was hoping for something BIG like Stay Puft.

This whole line is a bit disappointing, we're getting a bunch of re-releases of figures we already have with a few extras to make us buy them. They should have been released this way to begin with!

It's also horrible how they are releasing GB1 & GB2 figures simultaneously. They should stick to one movie until they are done with it.

Back