New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol yeah i atually just got delivery confirmation this morning...says it should be here by the 23'd!!

yeah, the cord on ray sucks. I fixed mine like this:
I cut out a small tip of a paper clip. Drilled a hole on the pack and hose (if you don't have a rottary tool you can use a needle or the same paper clip) and then use your crazy glue to put a small drop on the pack and on the hose. There you go. It will never snap again. Never ever for ever and ever amen! :)

i really dont get the point of doing that. could you explain why?

the clip peace holds the two pieces together, if you use only the glue, they will separate eventually. It's a technique that you use when you are making props. Always use something extra to use support between 2 parts. Another thing that can be done is just make a hole between the 2 parts, so the glue penetrates the holes and it's more secure. That's how it's done.

Sal

Arrrghhh! Looked at Egon more closely this morning and found out that he had a missing wire on the pack. That with the loose leg and wobbly head, I'm gonna ask for an exchange. Has anyone done an exchange with Matty before? Would like to know what to expect and any advice. Thanks.

EGON arrived on my doorstep today! That was blazing fast, in fact he may have been there since last night because I saw a delivery truck at like 8:30pm but never thought it was for me.

I can't open him until tonight, so Kuzeh, once again, you'll beat me with pictures. :)

Egon's sculpt is a lot nicer than Ray's. It's not fantastic, but good. I'm holding out on buying any replacement heads only in the hopes that some of these are salvagable. At this point Ray isn't. Egon might be once I decide which heads I want to go with. But, to be honest I'm leaning towards all of them going. I don't like the hollow aspect of the heads. If Mattel used a more Mezco approach with roto casting then I think the outcome would be much nicer, but then again their original sculpts might be soft to begin with. No detail would be picked up either way. As is they feel like sqweaky toys; and look it.

Got My Egon and Zod today, yup thats durned fast !!
I didnt super inspect it, but the Egon head might be a bit squished , I ordered a few Rays the first time, and one of the heads was squished in at the sides, practically a pinhead !!!

I called and got someone who couldn't answer my questions about returning it w any clarity , after 25 minutes of this and me insisting to speak w someone else or his supervisor ( which he refused to do ) ..
I deciphered that I had to go return in, they issue a refund, and I would have to order another one online.
To return it I'd have to go to an actual UPS store and give them a number for returning it . I still dont know if I would have to pay return shipping or if they did, as I was so pissed w all this nonsense , I didnt bother ( especially since I decided to replace the head anyway ) .

I think the sculpts are done in zbrush or something and output , I think thats the reason these look "soft" detail wise .

I am feelin the Vigo buzz lately, I rewatched 2 and looked up pictures and info on the actor ( he used to be a wrestler ! ) I dunno who Id get to do that outfit, but he'd be a fun character to sculpt, maybe Ill add him to my sculpts.
Im already going to use one of the other GB suits for my Tully sculpt.

I mean to fill in the gaps :) to have an awesome GB shelf someday

Russ

cool mate about doin a viggo, would definatly make a cool figure. i agree about the outfit tho. maybe tough.

and if u get any louis tullys done id definatly love to have one of those!!

Got My Egon and Zod today, yup thats durned fast !!
I didnt super inspect it, but the Egon head might be a bit squished , I ordered a few Rays the first time, and one of the heads was squished in at the sides, practically a pinhead !!!

I called and got someone who couldn't answer my questions about returning it w any clarity , after 25 minutes of this and me insisting to speak w someone else or his supervisor ( which he refused to do ) ..
I deciphered that I had to go return in, they issue a refund, and I would have to order another one online.
To return it I'd have to go to an actual UPS store and give them a number for returning it . I still dont know if I would have to pay return shipping or if they did, as I was so pissed w all this nonsense , I didnt bother ( especially since I decided to replace the head anyway ) .

I think the sculpts are done in zbrush or something and output , I think thats the reason these look "soft" detail wise .

I am feelin the Vigo buzz lately, I rewatched 2 and looked up pictures and info on the actor ( he used to be a wrestler ! ) I dunno who Id get to do that outfit, but he'd be a fun character to sculpt, maybe Ill add him to my sculpts.
Im already going to use one of the other GB suits for my Tully sculpt.

I mean to fill in the gaps :) to have an awesome GB shelf someday

Russ

Sorry to hear about your encounter with customer service Mr. Barlow. You shouldn't have to pay for the shipping since it's a manufacture defect on their part and the should've just offered you an even exchange. Not make you jump through hoops and re-order. After hearing this I have to rethink about what I want to do with my Egon as some of the defects on mine are minor and fixable. Since I was planning on getting another Egon anyways for customizing maybe I'll order one and hope that I'll get a better one. As of now CS hasn't responded back to me about my inquiries for an exchange. But after reading about your encounter and those on other forums and the Matty FB.... I'm a little wary.

If its important to you , keep trying !
Maybe you will get a "human" on the phone, hopefully !!

My guy was just an as*H*le

Speaking of Vigo, I just got this poster today:

101_2472.jpg

Wow! I had no idea a poster of the Vigo painting was available. I need that!

Well it's technically not really available anywhere. I had it made. I googled Vigo the Carpathian and did an image search. I found a real good file that is 3600x5760 pixels and went to posterburner.com and uploaded the photo and had them print and ship one to me. Got it for about $28 shipped. Really good quality and looks fantastic.

Here is the picture I used:

https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/142/c/a/Vigo_The_Carpathian_by_Trekkie313.jpg

and the site I had it made at:

www.posterburner.com

someone did a run of these on canvas....full size 8 x5 ft and a smaller size ...dont have a link though...

Well it's technically not really available anywhere. I had it made. I googled Vigo the Carpathian and did an image search. I found a real good file that is 3600x5760 pixels and went to posterburner.com and uploaded the photo and had them print and ship one to me. Got it for about $28 shipped. Really good quality and looks fantastic.

Here is the picture I used:

https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/142/c/a/Vigo_The_Carpathian_by_Trekkie313.jpg

and the site I had it made at:

www.posterburner.com
Ahh cool. At 24x36, it seems like there would be a noticeable hit in quality, even with that large of a digital image, but you say it looks great, eh?

I may just have to do this. And thanks for just the link to www.posterburner.com, I'd been thinking of getting some of my art printed, and that looks like it could be a good place to try out.

Back