New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think since 1959 they've produced figures for a "Barbie" brand you might have heard of?
:D

Thank you Mr. Smarty Pants. You know what I meant.

I know they've made some DC figures in 12-inch that were all plastic. Have they made any boy "dolls" in recent years?

Thank you Mr. Smarty Pants. You know what I meant.

I know they've made some DC figures in 12-inch that were all plastic. Have they made any boy "dolls" in recent years?
Yeah, as far as I know...in the last few years of 'modern Mattel', they've only made upscaled versions of 6" figures when they offered 12" figures....all plastic.

And since the news didn't say anything specific to contradict that("...12" figures with screen accurate, custom tailored clothing, etc."), I think it's safe to assume that they'll be larger, plastic versions of the little 6" guys.

While I'm a bit nervous about Mattel handling the line, jsut the fact that we'll finally get movie figures makes this my most anticipated toyline in a long time. Very exciting.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how these turn out. I still plan to finish the customs I've been collecting parts for, but am pretty apprehensive about hearing that Mattel is behind the wheel on this one.

This may not mean too much, but I recently took a marketing survey for Mattel about action figures and they asked a number of questions about 1:6 figures, and mentioned Sideshow by name several times, so I'm wondering if Mattel is considering trying to get into this segment of the collectibles market....

This may not mean too much, but I recently took a marketing survey for Mattel about action figures and they asked a number of questions about 1:6 figures, and mentioned Sideshow by name several times, so I'm wondering if Mattel is considering trying to get into this segment of the collectibles market....

I did take the survey too...
I really hope this figs are mixed media...

Last edited:
Going by previous 'mattycollector.com' releases does anyone know how hard these will be to buy outside the US, specifically the UK?

Going by previous 'mattycollector.com' releases does anyone know how hard these will be to buy outside the US, specifically the UK?

yeah iwanted to knw aswel. hope these are good!!

i think im still going ahead tho with a custom set of 12" figs as in my opinion, after seeings alot of ppls kitbashes on here, alot of them who have been repainted or costumes made up frm scratch look alot better then the official released figs!!

so if it means me splashing out for a set of custom gb figs im the process of having made for a commision and getting a set of the mattel figs, so be it, ill jst leave the mattel 1s in the boxes.

i won't expect too much on the 12in figures. they will be about as good as the stargate ones from DST. they will be aimed more at the GB collector than the 1/6 collector. but i'd be interested in the 6in versions if they kick as much ass as the MOTU line. bring em on i say.:rock

Re: 12" ghostbusters figures coming this summer

Mattel had a survey out recently asking about collector's interests and 12" high end collectible figures (Sideshow Toys was the example) were among them. Perhaps this is them testing the waters?

i won't expect too much on the 12in figures. they will be about as good as the stargate ones from DST. they will be aimed more at the GB collector than the 1/6 collector. but i'd be interested in the 6in versions if they kick as much ass as the MOTU line. bring em on i say.:rock

I'd just hope the 12"ers come with decent suits and accessories. Slap on some custom heads and there you "should" have it.

Mattel had a survey out recently asking about collector's interests and 12" high end collectible figures (Sideshow Toys was the example) were among them. Perhaps this is them testing the waters?

I would say absolutely, lets not forget that Mattel is the largest toy maker in the world. So i'd assume they will want to control every aspect of toy making one day.

Mattel has been doing pretty well with some of their new 6" lines. I would say more power to them. They have been selling 12" products very well for several decades (Barbie is probably the best selling 1/6 scale line ever). If they can capture the quality they have put into the DCU and MOTU lines, it would be great.

I would say absolutely, lets not forget that Mattel is the largest toy maker in the world. So i'd assume they will want to control every aspect of toy making one day.

And Hasbro (who has given SSC both Star Wars and GI Joe) is the second largest.

Hopefully these 12" will be really high end, or the license will open up and HT will jump on board.

Anyone know if GB is popular in Asia?

Anyone know if GB is popular in Asia?

asian_ghostbusters.jpg

209028848XZihdB_ph.jpg

Back