New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the interesting thing is that if they are only offered through MattyCollector these might be better quality pieces. What I'm hoping his we at least get a good base that you could create the rest of the figure around.

But of course the better scenario would be HT or some other 1/6 company getting a shot at high-end figures.

The only thing that troubles me a bit is the likeness...
it doesn't state the actor's name, so I'm wondering if they would make "generic" headsulpts, and only the RG from the cartoon would look like their counterparts...

I'm thinking that these 12" figures will probably be like the DCUC 12 inchers. They'll be just like the 6" counterparts and made of plastic only.

That would possibly leave the door open for Hot Toys to pursue the license to make dolls of the characters.

I'm thinking that these 12" figures will probably be like the DCUC 12 inchers. They'll be just like the 6" counterparts and made of plastic only.

That would possibly leave the door open for Hot Toys to pursue the license to make dolls of the characters.

I dunno though, I mean how many different licenses can one company take on at once? I would think Hot Toys will start having to play the selective game now.

I dunno though, I mean how many different licenses can one company take on at once? I would think Hot Toys will start having to play the selective game now.

Yeah, I was just trying to make the people that really want Hot Toys Ghostbusters feel better.

I'm more excited about the prospect of well sculpted figures of Real Ghostbusters characters like The Boogieman and Samhain by Mattel.

Im not sure the 4 horsemen can do very good likness sculpts yet. Look at the 12inch Bale face from TDK. They are good at doing comic characters though.

I have been busily buying parts for Ghostbuster custom figs for a few months now, and this announcement doesn't irk me in the slightest. All I have so far are the packs, alice frames, traps and a few other accessories.

This will give me a chance to get some relatively decent jumpsuits, accessories and packs to kitbash with. The Hasbro sculpts and bodies will be crap.

Now if Hot Toys came out with figs next year, I might be in trouble. But honestly, with the level of sickness I have for screen accuracy, I welcome even more figures to tear apart. I own quite a few Hot Toys figures that need some work. I am still planning on making cloth costumes for the Alien space crew for chrisakes. So bring on the Ghostbusters in all their forms!

Finally!!! A 1:6 Ernie Hudson. Now I can at last complete my Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone collection. :rotfl

If they have cloth costuming then you'd have an amazing resource for costuming, parts and equipment to kitbash your own....

Back