New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone should tell them that it's "prototype", not "phototype"! LOL :) Looks pretty cool. I'd only get it if the rest of the cast was made too.

monkeymagic1143458088.jpg

This is the only Monkey King I can recognize.

And the sole reason mum could never find her broom sticks in the 80's

The price at $230 SGD is a big deciding factor for me.
After Inflames metal boss series, I was so looking to their next figure and this is how they price themselves, a big pass for me.

:hi5:
THAT version would be awesome. I saw some 1/6 scale "Monkey King" Manogk resin model kits that looked similar.

I have been learning more about this character. I am tempted to add it to my collection.

Must be the monkey season or sumthin', the original sculptor is releasing a pre-painted version with Runes Model soon.

Pics of the actual product,
9ce892d5gw1du0m1zqpy0j.jpg

That looks pretty awesome.

The base, the armor and face is pretty damn cool.

His staff.... is an interesting TWIST i suppose.

But... that hat..... whats with the hat?

fantasia_mickey.jpg

The hat does reminds me of Ji Gong's, so I won't be surprised if they were loosely inspired from that area....some buddhism connection maybe? Overall great interpretation of the Monkey God in my opinion, what I find uncool is the price tag of usd$374 :monkey2

I36ru.jpg

monkeymagic1143458088.jpg

This is the only Monkey King I can recognize.

And the sole reason mum could never find her broom sticks in the 80's

i dont know what horrible tv show you got that from, but below the real monkey king that defined this character from the 1980s classic tv show and the only one recognized.

4583_yanhuanli090413_6.jpg

i dont know what horrible tv show you got that from, but below the real monkey king that defined this character from the 1980s classic tv show and the only one recognized.

4583_yanhuanli090413_6.jpg

Yup, that is the Monkey King I grew up with. I'm fine with stylized versions so long as he's accompanied by his team!

Back