New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty excited when I read the topic title, but I'm rather disappointed with the actual thing. The facesculpt just looks goofy and compressed while the actual ornaments and outfit look rather cheap.

I like the costume, nicely done! So much of pop culture is derived from this story, it's worthy to be a collectible.

I first knew the Monkey King character from the cult Japanese 70s TV production Monkey that was huge in Australia at the time - everyone around here in the 70s and 80s knows it:

monkey_magic%5B1%5D.JPG

If anyone brought these guys out I'd be all over it. I might even pick this one up for the story's sake. This isn't the first 1/6 Monkey figure but it's a cool update on this one:

cu_taomk_01.jpg

Last edited:
This is how I first knew the Monkey King character, the cult Japanese 70s TV production Monkey that was huge in Australia at the time - everyone around here in the 70s and 80s knows it:

monkey_magic%5B1%5D.JPG

If anyone brought these guys out I'd be all over it. I might even pick this one up for the story's sake. This isn't the first 1/6 Monkey figure but it's a cool update on this one:

cu_taomk_01.jpg

monkey magic! used to love that show as a kid.

i've seen that figure before but can't place it... was it by medicom or a bootleg? i know they did one from the live action movie, with that guy from smap in it.

I first knew the Monkey King character from the cult Japanese 70s TV production Monkey that was huge in Australia at the time - everyone around here in the 70s and 80s knows it:

monkey_magic%5B1%5D.JPG

cu_taomk_01.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7vkNfCLjQ[/ame]

monkey magic! used to love that show as a kid.

i've seen that figure before but can't place it... was it by medicom or a bootleg? i know they did one from the live action movie, with that guy from smap in it.

It's from the Tao Legend series brought out by The Fantasy Code. RedPlanetToys has him on sale for $110.

Another Wukong character from the Soul Calibur series:

Soul-Calibur-V-Xiba-Concept-Render-SCV.jpg

That's a clever way to mimic the look of the monkey king without getting mythological.

Another Wukong character from the Soul Calibur series:

Soul-Calibur-V-Xiba-Concept-Render-SCV.jpg

That's a clever way to mimic the look of the monkey king without getting mythological.

It's worth pointing out he is quite possibly one of the most obnoxious and annoying fighting game characters to ever be created. Do not let his cool looking character art fool you.

It's worth pointing out he is quite possibly one of the most obnoxious and annoying fighting game characters to ever be created. Do not let his cool looking character art fool you.

Working as intended. Sun Wukong has a bit of a playful and annoying personality. :D:nana:

I'm pretty sure Monkey from Enslaved is also based on the Monkey King:
Enslaved_11.jpg

This is a chinese buddhism classic, its old as hell and I'm pretty sure there are no "MK influences"...but anyways

My favourite ver. of the Monkey God,

P5x8W.jpg

Always had a feeling that Tao Legend's human head was loosely based on Stephen Chow's portrayal.

I do look forward to Donnie Yen's one,

2eock.jpg

If I remember right, there's a Monkey King film coming out next month starring Donnie Yen (Ip Man). I think there's even another film with a different take on it coming out that same year.

Buuuuut.... my friend told me they're working on making a full Western adaptation of the Monkey King with rumors of Guillermo del Toro taking the directing job with James Cameron helping out. Crazy, eh?

Back