Statue New Frank Frazetta Death Dealer 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this bit off of SF from Arahom-

The Frazetta line of statues almost bankrupted our company due to its immense and disastrous fail in sales. We were required to make a huge upfront investment in this line with royalties, sculptors fees, promotion and factory costs, but sales were so low that we were not even able to reach the minimum quantity required by our factory to make this production after we initiated the pre-orders sales in 2014. To give you a quick idea, the Huntress statue you ordered sold about 34 pieces ONLY, and none of the others did much better. Our best seller of the whole Frazetta line was the Death Dealer on the horse that sold 83 pieces, while we were expecting an easy 500 pieces ordered at least!

Dont have a clue how they came up with #189 if they only sold 83 units. Minimum purchase from the factory was 100 he said, so they either cut a deal for fewer units or they may have placed the full order and left the extras up on the site or moved them to the retailers- so its either 83 or 100 I guess. The NYCC edition and also the EX edition got both heads. I dont even know if any with just the single head even sold. The whole letter is up over there, its an interesting read. ARH was completely cluster fudged.

https://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5364081&postcount=109

They combined the exclusive with the regular numbering.

The problem was he put them all for sale at the same time 6-7 statues which really taxed the buyer in reducing what they buy.I passed on a lot of them for that reason.If they spread the statues for 1 or 2 years sales would have reached the 500 mark.It is like sideshow releases all their court of the dead for sale on the same day.What do you think it would happen.

I have ordered over 10 pieces from ARH direct and except from 1 or 2 hicups I have received everyone of them,even a replacement for a broken one.So for me I had no problem with them.

Exactly. They came out way to quick. I wonder if the license cost forced them to try to squeeze as much in as they could? A shame they negotiated such a lousy deal when level52 is now turning a profit with only 100 units and spacing them out just fine.

They combined the exclusive with the regular numbering.

still only adds up to 83 though? He said they couldnt meet minimum at 100...

I think he was banking on places like Big Bad Toy Store picking up 50 of each, etc. Like I said, Sideshow distributing them would have bumped up the numbers significantly too. I can see why Sideshow wouldn't bother with ARH, Arahom seems like hard work. Still no idea how I got #189 though. It's hand scrawled on the base. I might just create a tip in plate and make it #1 :rotfl

On to cheerier things....this happened.

r2uB0vMl.jpg

I think he was banking on places like Big Bad Toy Store picking up 50 of each, etc. Like I said, Sideshow distributing them would have bumped up the numbers significantly too. I can see why Sideshow wouldn't bother with ARH, Arahom seems like hard work. Still no idea how I got #189 though. It's hand scrawled on the base. I might just create a tip in plate and make it #1 :rotfl

The factory probably just threw a random number on it

Oh...The great numbering conspiracy continues in another forum.

No one said it was a conspiracy.

Those of us that own the statue just want answers. Arahom says they got orders for 83, but the factory needs a minimum of 100.

Mine's #183 (not 189 as I listed earlier). So it's 183 of how many? 83? 100? 183?

No one said it was a conspiracy.

Those of us that own the statue just want answers. Arahom says they got orders for 83, but the factory needs a minimum of 100.

Mine's #183 (not 189 as I listed earlier). So it's 183 of how many? 83? 100? 183?

This wasn’t the only ARH statue with numbering issues. Who knows what really happened with any of them.

A lot of statues in general are a question mark. Companies get statues in batches and if its not doing well, they wont order the next batch. I think somebody said the CS Moore Aphrodite statues were like that. The full ES was never realized. Still it sucks having something marked a higher number than what might actually exist. It might have been done just to keep up appearances. No matter the ES though, the aftermarket has the last word on the rarity of a piece. These have already become pretty hard to come by. Last I looked there was only 1 on ebay and going for $2k

A lot of statues in general are a question mark. Companies get statues in batches and if its not doing well, they wont order the next batch. I think somebody said the CS Moore Aphrodite statues were like that. The full ES was never realized. Still it sucks having something marked a higher number than what might actually exist. It might have been done just to keep up appearances. No matter the ES though, the aftermarket has the last word on the rarity of a piece. These have already become pretty hard to come by. Last I looked there was only 1 on ebay and going for $2k

True. And you need someone willing to ship that sucker.

I really wanted this statue but wanted to do multi payments. Their site went from working on trying to get the 8 payment in place and then I went back a couple of weeks later and it read sold out. I wonder how many orders they lost due to not having a payment plan in place.

I really wanted this statue but wanted to do multi payments. Their site went from working on trying to get the 8 payment in place and then I went back a couple of weeks later and it read sold out. I wonder how many orders they lost due to not having a payment plan in place.

They did, but it was a weird system. It kinda just set-up automatic recurring payments via Paypal. It's how I paid for mine. I think it was four payments and each included $37.50 which was a quarter of the expected shipping cost to Australia.

Back