• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New feedback thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for tnaig001

Bought Hot toys t 800 for a great price.Great communication and patient guy.will buy from again.thanks

+1 for hawkeye. Awesome standup buyer. Would recommend to anyone looking to sell to him :banana

Some people leave feedback per transaction....some leave it per item. Our system is not a very accurate way of keeping track of a person's feedback. Hopefully all that can change.

I would recommend implementing a maximum amount of feedback per transaction; say, a maximum of +5:

1-10 items = +1
10-20 items = +2
20-30 items = +3
30-40 items = +4
40+ items = +5

That way, no-one gets a +2,500 feedback score for selling their collection of Bazooka Joe comics for $20.

Huge Gigantic

+1 For Darth_Thorpe for selling me a Hot Toys Power Loader. Quick shipping, excellent packaging, and a great guy. This thing is amazing! Thank you DT!

+1 for Acid Burn

love the predator bro!:rock

+ 1 for bobamike

A big thank you for the 1/6 Celtic bio he made me, the detail is crisp and it looks excellent. A really great guy to deal with, and he posted it to the UK really fast in great packaging.

+1 to Space Jockey for the AWESOME Kane rescupt head. :rock

+1 to paulcarson for the AWESOME Deckard rescupt head. :rock

Can't wait to get these painted up by the pros!!!

:duff

updated.........

I would recommend implementing a maximum amount of feedback per transaction; say, a maximum of +5:

1-10 items = +1
10-20 items = +2
20-30 items = +3
30-40 items = +4
40+ items = +5

That way, no-one gets a +2,500 feedback score for selling their collection of Bazooka Joe comics for $20.

A system like that would be fair if the person was selling comic books, stands, loose clothing, etc... But if someone was selling their whole collection of 1/6 Star Wars figures...then I think they deserve a +1 for each figure. You can even run into gray area with clothing...if it's a custom outfit that someone hand made does that deserve a plus one per item...vs. someone that just has a huge lot of clothing they picked up on the cheap? I feel custom stuff deserves a +1 per item, whether it be those cool stands with posters, a set of heads or clothing.

I appreciate people's input on the matter. This will definitely help us figure out a better system. :)

1-10 items = +1
10-20 items = +2
20-30 items = +3
30-40 items = +4
40+ items = +5

i disagree ... if he sells to 2500 people he has taken great care of 2500 people ... then he should have a feedback rating of 2500

i disagree ... if he sells to 2500 people he has taken great care of 2500 people ... then he should have a feedback rating of 2500

I think it was pretty obvious I meant selling the entire collection to one person, considering that was the point of my entire post. We're not talking about getting feedback for each transaction, but rather, getting feedback for each item in a single transaction.

If I sell you my collection of 300 baseball cards as a lot, do I get +1 for each card in the set (for a total of +300), or +1 for the single sale? And if neither option seems appropriate, then what would be a fair feedback system, taking into account that some sales involve multiple, higher-end items and others might involve multiple, tiny little inexpensive items?

And you've got to think of it from the perspective of new users. If I decide to enter into an agreement to buy something from a fellow Freak, I always check their feedback rating to get an idea whether they're trustworthy or not. But in my above example, you'd see a feedback rating of +300 and assume that means I'm incredibly trustworthy and have been making many individual sales that have all been positive. But the reality is that +300 might just reflect a single transaction I had months ago, and I've since then fallen on hard times and have decided to defraud a bunch of Freaks instead.

That's why I recommended a middle-of-the-road approach. Feel free to contribute your own ideas, however, as nothing's been decided so far.

+ 9 for Gordon Gekko! Second time I have had the pleasure of dealing with him. He is a fantastic buyer! Bought my entire dead collection and payed very fast!

Going out tomorrow Gekko! :rock

+ 1 to hbk007. Very fast payment. He purchased my T-800 Sideshow exclusive.

Shipping out tomorrow! :duff

1-10 items = +1
10-20 items = +2
20-30 items = +3
30-40 items = +4
40+ items = +5

updated.........

A system like that would be fair if the person was selling comic books, stands, loose clothing, etc... But if someone was selling their whole collection of 1/6 Star Wars figures...then I think they deserve a +1 for each figure. You can even run into gray area with clothing...if it's a custom outfit that someone hand made does that deserve a plus one per item...vs. someone that just has a huge lot of clothing they picked up on the cheap? I feel custom stuff deserves a +1 per item, whether it be those cool stands with posters, a set of heads or clothing.

I appreciate people's input on the matter. This will definitely help us figure out a better system. :)

Definitely an ongoing mystery on how to handle these sort of scenarios. I almost think it should go by $ amount, because I think a +1 for a $500 item should count for more then a +1 for a $10 item. Sadly, I have no recommendations.

Honestly, the system we have now has worked for quite some time... personally I don't see much need for improvement or to consider a big overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back