New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Yeah, I am batting ZERO for sonic screwdrivers. :(

That Sarah Jane really looks good. I need to get me one for sure.

I think I have 2 or 3 Sonics total. And imagine that, a Yank has figures a Brit doesnt? :lol Just teasing. The Cassandra actually cost me and arm and a leg off eBay (her and Chip - LOOSE) and then they go and re-release Chip with a proper Cassandra. The Grey Closed Krill. was actually another eBay pull, good price if I remember. Lastly the regeneration set was bought at SDCC and is the first one before they gave 10 the bicep cuts. Both K9s that aren't out are clean I think, I know one came with my NE Rose. And I actually have no interest in the Piggy Rose. :lol I only have Disco Doctor because of the Regen. set.

Here is my current inventory:

Flight Control Tardis (came with Doc and coat, Martha, and Jack
Tardis Console Set
Ninth Doctor (not the "disco" version) no sonic screwdriver :(
Mutant Reveal Dalek
Genesis Arc Set
5 Cybermen (with gun arms)
Saxon Master
Jacobi Master
Rose and K-9
Mickey with gun

Thats it. :)

Still not a bad collection. I want to get two of the new Jack so I can take his arms and coat, get the Hat from the tweaked wave and another series 1 Jack and make my own version of him. Maybe it will look better :lol Im really curious to see what figures they are going to do for 1-3 this year though as they are starting to run out of figures to do. I mean they can do 9 in the black jumper as I think that's the only other color he wore (green, purple and black right?), maybe a new Mickey? God knows I want a new Rose. Few Marthas would be nice. Rinette. Umm.. we are pretty much getting down to just humans.

EDIT! Chan - how could I forget Chantho! - tho.

Im really curious to see what figures they are going to do for 1-3 this year though as they are starting to run out of figures to do. .

No way man, there are loads of figures they haven't done!

Rose's Mum
Rose's Dad
Alternate Earth versions of the above
Various delegates from the End of the World episode, including the tree woman - a main character in that episode!
Krillitane Headmaster (Anthony Head)
That evil dude who had the Dalek
The kid from that episode
The Trinny & Susannah robots (although I don't mind passing on those)
The other Carrionites
Reinette
Xmas Robots
Dr in Pyjamas!
Sally Sparrow
Dr Lazarus
Martha's Family
Kung Fu Monks from Tooth & Claw
Queen Victoria
Charles Dickens!
Absorbalov (They've done the hoix, but not this!? WTF?!)
Crew from The Impossible Planet
Crew from '42'
Family of Blood
Slitheen in human form

That's just off the top of my head! I think that Character Options have actually been quite lazy in terms of the amount of different figures they've made, and the ones they've chosen. It must be quite frustrating as a kid not to be able to re-enact certain episodes because key characters are missing.

Here is my current inventory:

Flight Control Tardis (came with Doc and coat, Martha, and Jack
Tardis Console Set
Ninth Doctor (not the "disco" version) no sonic screwdriver :(
Mutant Reveal Dalek
Genesis Arc Set
5 Cybermen (with gun arms)
Saxon Master
Jacobi Master
Rose and K-9
Mickey with gun

Thats it. :)

That's more than ZERO like I have. I want to get the Flight Control Tardis, hopefully the Dr. Who booth at SDCC will have them, they usually do.

I think I have 2 or 3 Sonics total. And imagine that, a Yank has figures a Brit doesnt? :lol Just teasing. The Cassandra actually cost me and arm and a leg off eBay (her and Chip - LOOSE) and then they go and re-release Chip with a proper Cassandra. The Grey Closed Krill. was actually another eBay pull, good price if I remember. Lastly the regeneration set was bought at SDCC and is the first one before they gave 10 the bicep cuts. Both K9s that aren't out are clean I think, I know one came with my NE Rose. And I actually have no interest in the Piggy Rose. :lol I only have Disco Doctor because of the Regen. set.

I've just bought the original, Wave 1, no series ident Cassandra, from eBay. I've already got Chip from the Rose & Chip 2-pack, but I'd still like the UK Chip & Cassandra pack if they didn't cost like £60!

It's crazy what happens to the value of some of these figures, even with collectors being wise to stuff like this, and keeping them mint in box etc. I vividly remember seeing multiple copies of both the original Sycorax Leader and Regen set in a local dept store, and passing on them. A year or two later, they're selling for a fortune in eBay.

Series 4 wave 1 pics!!!,

https://www.doctorwhotoys.net/series4wave1.htm

The 5 Adipose come with the latest rehash of the 10th Doctor which is a bit of a letdown as a Miss Foster figure was supposed to be coming out but I'll still end up getting the set as my niece wants the Adipose.
The Catherine Tate sculpt is easily Character's best female likeness so far and I'll get the Donna figure along with the awesome looking Sontarans in the forthcoming box set. The 2 Ood are also a must and while nicely made I couldn't care less about the Pyrovile Priestess.

Memnoch21 posted the pic on the last page! :)

Totally agree re. YET ANOTHER 10th doctor in suit. Why do they do it?

No way man, there are loads of figures they haven't done!

Rose's Mum
Rose's Dad
Alternate Earth versions of the above
Various delegates from the End of the World episode, including the tree woman - a main character in that episode!
Krillitane Headmaster (Anthony Head)
That evil dude who had the Dalek
The kid from that episode
The Trinny & Susannah robots (although I don't mind passing on those)
The other Carrionites
Reinette
Xmas Robots
Dr in Pyjamas!
Sally Sparrow
Dr Lazarus
Martha's Family
Kung Fu Monks from Tooth & Claw
Queen Victoria
Charles Dickens!
Absorbalov (They've done the hoix, but not this!? WTF?!)
Crew from The Impossible Planet
Crew from '42'
Family of Blood
Slitheen in human form

That's just off the top of my head! I think that Character Options have actually been quite lazy in terms of the amount of different figures they've made, and the ones they've chosen. It must be quite frustrating as a kid not to be able to re-enact certain episodes because key characters are missing.

Yea, but most of those are humans. And most of the humans aren't exactly the most exciting of figures. I mean.. we were already told on DWF not to get our hopes up for a Jenny figure. :monkey2

Oh, and is this set out in the US yet?

DSC00077.jpg

I'm... not sure. I think its due to hit WhoNA very soon. We seem to be running about 2 - 3 months behind the UK in releases.

Yea, but most of those are humans. And most of the humans aren't exactly the most exciting of figures. I mean.. we were already told on DWF not to get our hopes up for a Jenny figure. :monkey2

I like the human figures when they're done well, like The Editor. But even so, there are some awesome figures they haven't done yet, like those cloaked dudes with the big claws in End of The World, ooh, or even better Cassandra's attendants!

And it's crazy that they haven't done the Abzorbalov yet.

Last edited:

Memnoch21 posted the pic on the last page! :)

I'd not checked the previous page so wasn't aware the pic had already been posted.
As for the latest rerelease of the 10th Doctor I think Character Options probably couldn't get the OK to make Miss Foster yet and wanted to get the Adipose out there while they were still fresh in people's minds.

Because it's a mass market toy line for kids and the Doctor is the main character. Just like there should always be a basic Batman figure on the shelves for the Batman line etc.

But...why don't they just keep the existing Dr figure on the shelves?

But...why don't they just keep the existing Dr figure on the shelves?

Probably because they know some adult collectors will buy every variant.

Probably because they know some adult collectors will buy every variant.

Ha! Yes, that's more likely to be the reason. The swines know what makes us tick.

It must be a nightmare for parents though.

"Dad! I want this one!"

"But son, you've already got 5 Doctor figures..."

"Yeah, but this one comes with two urns on a stand!"

"Sigh..." (Takes wallet out)

Very exciting times for Doctor Who Fans. Finally figures of the classic characters.....looking forward to a Zygon or two.

Oh, and is this set out in the US yet?

DSC00077.jpg

Whona had it in briefly a couple weeks ago. Since Frodo and Sam were about to ship I just couldn't bring myself to order it, especially since I would have been buying it for two figures (I only usually buy on figure per sculpt). And then it was gone.

They said something on their message board about not knowing if they will be able to get more.

Back