New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Thought I'd post a few shots of my definitive Tom Baker display now I've managed to snag the 'Planet Of Evil' TARDIS set...

There's no doubt these things were thrown together cheaply - They are nowhere near the quality of the 10th's Flight Control version in sculpt or assembly but like the bare carcass inside - that's not such a bad thing as it closely mirrors the prop!!

My greatest objection is that even though the TARDIS pertains to be the prop in that specific episode, the truth is its something of a compromise. While it lacks the sloped roof, correct lantern and height of the Brachacki prop it claims to be - its too narrow and the wrong colour with the wrong sign for the later Newbery version. I wrestled with customising it for some days (and even had a guy lined up) when I saw the upcoming 1st Doctor release using the same mold. That settles it as the Brachacki for me.
I did perform the smallest of customisations just to add a little more accuracy though...Can you spot it...?

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0733-1.jpg

DSC_0741-1.jpg

DSC_0729-1.jpg

While I'm really happy with how it looks now it still irks me that you have to jam Bakers hat in the doorway to fit him standing in the doorway on the step!! And the figure is the original issue with the matt-finish jacket with the best paint-job I could find. The figure included in the set is, at best, rubbish...

Can't see what you've changed but the pics are nice all the same.

I agree on the figure included with the TARDIS being a bit crappy in terms of QC compared to the earlier releases.

I got 2 of the original release ( so I could display both heads ) and used the one that came with the Adventure Set combined with the torso from the "Pyramids of Mars" version to make a 4th Doctor that's accurate for "Planet of Evil".

As it was only a bit of part switching it makes me wonder why CO didn't do this considering the TARDIS is packaged as being from the same story.

Really nice pics Martin-El. The way you have Tom posed he really needs a bag of jelly babies in that left hand.

Yeah looks like he did and unless it's just the way the light is hitting it on the photos it looks like he painted it a lighter blue to match the color of the the 7th Tardis.

No paint applied - just the lighting in the shot...
I changed the door sign so it takes up the whole panel without the frame. A small change but more accurate for it...!

I think i might bite the bullet and buy the above Tardis, only downside is i dont actually want the figure at all because i dont really need 3 Tom's i already have the pyramid of Mars version and i will get the 11 doctors box set when its released later in the year.

Wish that box set was just of the Classic Doctors as it'd save me the hassle of reselling 9, 10 & 11 and maybe the packaging.

I'm still looking forward to it quite a lot though as it's got a new variant of Tom! :rock

And the debut of the McGann figure will shut his 3 fans up ( only joking! ) and finally allow me to do a picture of all the Classic Doctors plus 9 & 11.

I took these today,

trout.jpg

5thdoc1.jpg

very nice, i like the B+W of Troughton.
I found a boxed 9th doctor on ebay for £10 so i grabbed that one, i might cave in and just buy the doctors individually for now i only need 1,2,3,6 and 8 when he's released and i dont know if i can be patient enough for september!

very nice, i like the B+W of Troughton.
I found a boxed 9th doctor on ebay for £10 so i grabbed that one, i might cave in and just buy the doctors individually for now i only need 1,2,3,6 and 8 when he's released and i dont know if i can be patient enough for september!

Thanks! here's some other B & W shots I took a while back,

dalekinvason2-1.jpg

dalekinvasion1.jpg

spotthedoctor-1.jpg

I was soooo pleased with the last one as the sunlight hit the Troughton figure perfectly! :)

That last one is sweet although the Dalek in water looks very cool indeed!

That last one is sweet although the Dalek in water looks very cool indeed!

It was a pain in the ass to set up as if it went too far in it floated off!

Here's some of my "Planet of Evil" 4th Doctor custom,

planetofevil1.jpg

planetofevil2.jpg

Action shot!
actionshot.jpg

Great pics man, that last one has me thinking feed the fishes.
I like the more accurate Planet Of Evil Tom you did. Makes me wish I had a second POM Tom.

Great pics man, that last one has me thinking feed the fishes.
I like the more accurate Planet Of Evil Tom you did. Makes me wish I had a second POM Tom.

Glad you like them, I was very careful to make sure the figure wasn't likely to fall off 'cos I finally finished it yesterday ( been meaning to do it for a few months but never got round to it ) and I didn't want it getting wet.

The 11th Doctor box set looks like it might arrive in the next two weeks.

Back