New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

If that Hartnell TARDIS is CO raping me... I wish they would rape me every day. :horror

That Hartnell TARDIS is just plain beautiful. :inlove

Is it the SDCC ex?

It's 6:53 pm here in the Philippines (where I am currently).

Speaking of which I need your address so I can send you some stuff you said you wanted.

how different will the 1st doctors Tardis be compared to the new 11th's thats being released? it would be sweet to own all the variations but im not sure how much difference these two have?

We had a family barbecue last year and while nobody was looking I threw in the Tennant action figure during the the heating of the charcoal.

I never enjoyed a meal so much after that! :clap

- J

Nice work! :clap

As far as Hartnell's TARDIS goes I'm slightly pissed off that it's been revealed less than a week after I got the other 2 and the figure that's bundled with it but I was talking to a buddy recently and said that it was the other one I'd like the most so I can't complain too much.

I just hope that some of the cash CO are making from these sets goes towards developing some ( or all ) of the following,

Davros ( "Genesis of the Daleks" version )
Silurian
Sontaran
Ice Lord
The Brigadier
Leela & K9 2-pack
2nd Doctor ( fur coat )
Jamie McCrimmon
4th Doctor ( season 18 attire )
Bessie ( a proto was made )

im guessing you mean the 7ft badass sontaran's like from 'the two doctors' not the 4ft angry midgets of nu-who?

im guessing you mean the 7ft badass sontaran's like from 'the two doctors' not the 4ft angry midgets of nu-who?

Ugh! The Sontarans in The Two Doctors were embarassing as hell!

Though I'd prefer their armor in black the Nu Who Sontarans look good. The Time Warrior Sontaran Lynx is still my fave helmetless in my book.

Sontarans eh? They were rather pantomime in the Two Doctors

There used to be a company that made head busts of the Sontarans and various characters(Autons. Baker, Pertwee, McCoy etc etc.)

I had a few and sold them on Ebay a long time back but I kept moulds of them in case I regretted sellng them; I didn't! I used to cast loads of Sontarans for work colleagues as paperweights!

sontar004.jpg

Nope, I mean Linx from "The Time Warrior" or Styre from "The Sontaran Experiment". The Classic ones after that looked crappy.

I agree with WST that the basic design of the Nu-Who Sontarans is good, but the following IMO made them yet another villain of yesteryear that RTD took a giant dump on,

Powder blue armor
( May be acceptable to patrons of establishments like the Blue Oyster Bar but for a militaristic race like the Sontarans it looks bloody ridiculous. )

Due to their size the Sontarans would need to utilise a degree of psychological warfare and that shade of blue does in no way say "bad ass" or "be afraid, be very afraid" :lol )

"Sontar-Ha!"
( Like the "Delete!,Delete!" nonsense with the Cybusmen this was obviously another attempt at creating a catchphrase to put on merchandise in the hope it would catch on like the Daleks immortal "Exterminate!"............. not a bad idea in itself but combined with the silly dance it made them look like a group of extremist Oompa Loompas as opposed to a lean, mean fighting machine. )

The overuse of humor about their appearance
( A single line would have done but in true RTD fashion he chose to batter us over the head with it. )

Apparently Steven Moffat likes the Sontarans as they're "perfect bloodthirsty aliens" so if they return beyond their appearance in this years finale maybe they'll get a similar reboot to the Daleks.

PrincipleMajesty,
That Sontaran sculpt appears to be based on Linx and that would be my prime choice for a CO figure.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

2010 SDCC Exclusives are,

5th Doctor ( with hat ) & THE MASTER from "Planet of Fire"

5th Doctor ( Regeneration ) = season 18 4th Doctor is basically confirmed!!!

:rock :rock :rock

Last edited:

SO hold on.... the Hartnell TARDIS isn' the SDCC ex?

Doesn't look like it as there's no SDCC logos or stickers on the box of that one that's on ebay.

I'm totally blown away at the revelation of the Ainley Master figure.

With the pattern of Classic releases so far I'd have put him in a list of figures we'd be least likely to see but now it seems all previous info from dodgy "sources" about CO's policy on certain character types can be dismissed, suddenly a companion or two doesn't seem so out of the question :)

Me too... My head is quite literally spinning with all the recent news and developments. I want them all. LOL

and yes, I have a feeling we will be getting companions as well. :blissy

Wow a Logopolis regeneration Doctor and finally an Anthony Ainley Master. :yess: Just wish he was wearing the black suit from Logopolis. At least we're finally getting a Peter Davison with the cricket hat.

Back