New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I think that was a little too strongly worded. It is a discussion thread about DW figs after all...

But I agree, maybe Lumic should start a new thread to show off his story. I quite liked it. :duff

I think that was a little too strongly worded. It is a discussion thread about DW figs after all...

But I agree, maybe Lumic should start a new thread to show off his story. I quite liked it. :duff

Sorry Pix, just annoys me when people only pop up to advertise their sites but don't stick around to actually talk or contribute to an on-going discussion.

I do apologise if I've upset anyone but I only post things that I think others might be interested in! I did start a thread for my site but it was merged with this - perhaps in the future I'll open a new one simply for the comic series if that's ok. I just thought you might like to be updated on it!

Thats ok with me. I don't know who merged it, but it didn't need to be. :tap

I would like to see more of your stuff. :rock

Argh! So apparently CO now delivers overseas and so I could have gotten at least the River figure the other day! Damn!

What!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!! :banghead :banghead :pow

Yea, it's about $14 USD for the shipping though.. but totally worth it. Check out the new series thread over at DWF Marc, it's in there. btw, how do you make the British pound symbol from a US Keyboard? :lol

£ = ALT + 0163 (hold down ALT while you key in the numbers on the keypad)

£ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ ££ £ £

Easy as pi. :lol

Noticed these figures online the other day but for some reason work has put up a fire wall that stops me getting on these boards or Mediworld to post anything about them. I'll probably end up getting all four as they're pretty decent and there are no pointless rehashes. Picked up The Stolen Earth box set the other day and although I haven't opened it (Christmas present) the Davros sculpt is really cool and impressive. Need to get caught up on some of the series four releases though, still haven't picked up Donna, Natural Ood or Ood Sigma.

Watch for dodgy paint apps on the Ood JTR,both the ones I got were pretty sloppy in places and I ended up giving them to a charity shop.
Just my luck that the only series 4 figures I was intrested in are the ones with bad paint as the Sontarans aren't too good either.
All in all I think I was destined to end up hating everything about series 4 including the merchandise. Roll on Classic wave 2!!!

According to doctorwhotoys.net (so this could well be BS) Underground Toys have stated the next US wave will have the first Nu-Who Build A Figure in the form of the Vespiform. The parts will be broken down like this,

Vashta Nerada & transparent base
River Song & right side of the chest & legs
Hath Peck & wing
General Staal & wing
Commander Skorr & upper abdomen with 2 legs
Supreme Dalek & head
Davros & upper chest
Pyrovile Priestess & left chest
Donna Noble & middle abdomen
Adipose 25-pack & stinger
Natural Ood & a transparent stand for the base
Ood Sigma & lower abdomen

I don't care about the Vespiform but I'll get a few Adipose packs if this info turns out to be legit.

Thats a bunch of crap in my opinion. I seriously doubt it because like you and me and most people I could care less about a big bee in my collection.

The Adipose pack is what just rose my eyebrows. That would probably never happen because its something collectors want.

The Adipose pack is what just rose my eyebrows. That would probably never happen because its something collectors want.

Yeah,I could see maybe a 10-pack being released but no way 25.
I think doctorwhotoys.net is losing most of it's credibility by continually posting these BS rumors which is a shame as it used to be decent.

Yeah,I could see maybe a 10-pack being released but no way 25.
I think doctorwhotoys.net is losing most of it's credibility by continually posting these BS rumors which is a shame as it used to be decent.

The worst thing is that the rumours are better than the line.

The worst thing is that the rumours are better than the line.

Aside from some of the rereleases and their retarded policies regarding things like the celery on the 5th Doctor's jacket or making Classic companions I think Character Options have done a decent job.

Having said that I'm going off the Nu-Who line largely because I've hated the last 2 TV series so have little intrest in the figures and the remaining series 1 & 2 characters I want are unlikely to get made though doctorwhotoys.net would probably state otherwise.

I'm still intending to get everything from the Classic line but after that interview with the prat from Character Options I'm not entirely confident that there will even be any more,the second wave STILL hasn't been confirmed despite the fact that the first one sold well enough for a second production run to be ordered from the factory.

Aside from some of the rereleases and their retarded policies regarding things like the celery on the 5th Doctor's jacket or making Classic companions I think Character Options have done a decent job.

Having said that I'm going off the Nu-Who line largely because I've hated the last 2 TV series so have little intrest in the figures and the remaining series 1 & 2 characters I want are unlikely to get made though doctorwhotoys.net would probably state otherwise.

I'm still intending to get everything from the Classic line but after that interview with the prat from Character Options I'm not entirely confident that there will even be any more,the second wave STILL hasn't been confirmed despite the fact that the first one sold well enough for a second production run to be ordered from the factory.

They really love themselves don't they? I've found it quite creepy - and very unprofessional - whenever I've dropped by Outpost Gallifrey and seen how they encourage arse-kissing from fans. It's because OG is the only forum the BBC ever visit, so they want to show the BBC how much they're loved.

As for the line itself, I have no problem with the quality - except for the bizarre lack of ball-jointed shoulders - but I really object to the reissues with different accessories which goes beyond anything Hasbro's ever done.

They really love themselves don't they? I've found it quite creepy - and very unprofessional - whenever I've dropped by Outpost Gallifrey and seen how they encourage arse-kissing from fans. It's because OG is the only forum the BBC ever visit, so they want to show the BBC how much they're loved.

As for the line itself, I have no problem with the quality - except for the bizarre lack of ball-jointed shoulders - but I really object to the reissues with different accessories which goes beyond anything Hasbro's ever done.

What really annoys me is the whole "only for kids" mentality especially regarding the Classic line.
I have to wonder what research Character Options did to come to this conclusion as I think they'd find that the vast majority of kids won't even be aware of the show's existence prior to 2005 and most of those that are won't be intrested in it due to how dated it looks compared to Nu-Who.

This apparent dismissal of the adult collector market is either arrogance or stupidity on CO's part and the BS with things like the 5th Doctor's celery and the 7th Doctor's hat & umbrella will only further alienate people all of which which could ultimately bite them in the ass.

So apparently the vespiform is coming and the listing of parts and figures is legit as it was solicited to WhoNA. Interesting. Anyway my Stolen Earth set came today. Love everything but the Doctor figure who I'm tempted to just throw away. Sculpt is inferior, articulation inferior and he isn't even in a brown suit! However there is a new sonic screwdriver sculpt, this time it is not extended so cheers for that. Let's hope this becomes the standard that is included with EVERY Doctor figure.

Back