New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Toss out Leela and put in Romana II from Destiny and you got yourself a whole list of figures I would buy.

I'd buy both but I included Leela on the basis that scantily clad female figures tend to be popular with adult collectors! :lol

The first pics of the 12 inch Davros are popping up and he looks great! :drool:

Per CO, it was a bald face lie when he said in that interview that they don't have collectors in mind. If that were true, why is there a SDCC Time Crash figure set here in my office? A lot of the those CO folk really do come off as being arrogant, but oh well. They have me by the balls so what can I do? :lol

Marc from the way I understand it, it was actually UT that came to them and asked for SDCC exclusives. The celery was more of an "ok how to make this unique and desirable" I think if it weren't for UT and SDCC there never would have been celery in the Who line.

how sad is that? Thats really what worries me about this line is it seems subject to the whimsy of a few people. The lack of celery was forgivable, no hat on 7 was annoying, but to not include the umbrella with 7 is unthinkable. Words can't express how retarded I feel this guy is.

The first pics of the 12 inch Davros are popping up and he looks great! :drool:

Per CO, it was a bald face lie when he said in that interview that they don't have collectors in mind. If that were true, why is there a SDCC Time Crash figure set here in my office? A lot of the those CO folk really do come off as being arrogant, but oh well. They have me by the balls so what can I do? :lol

I also laughed at the bit where he said there'd be no Classic companions because kids wouldn't know "who the hell they were" despite earlier claiming that they virtually all watch the Classic stories religiously on UK Gold :lol

Last edited:

how sad is that? Thats really what worries me about this line is it seems subject to the whimsy of a few people. The lack of celery was forgivable, no hat on 7 was annoying, but to not include the umbrella with 7 is unthinkable. Words can't express how retarded I feel this guy is.

Yeah his whole attitude came across to me as someone who is only claiming to be a big fan to get himself over with the fan sites.
Saying the Classic line will only be about monsters and villains makes me wonder if he's even watched any Classic stories.
Let's not forget that the most popular Who companion ever started in the Classic era before making a successful return to the franchise both in the main show and her own spinoff which has just started it's second series.
Surely someone who was as much of a fan as the CO guy is claiming would see that a Classic Sarah Jane figure is one of the biggest no brainers there could ever be,especially as Elisabeth Sladen has already OK'd the use of her likeness for the Nu-Who and SJA figures.

Last edited:

In defence of CO I think they might've tried to incorporate the collectors with figures like Gelth Zombie and Doctor Constantine. They were both unexpected figures to be made and hardly appealing to kids, so I thought they might be targeted at the collector's market. However they were soooo overproduced and hung around on the peg's for months like a bad smell. Also the deluxe line with Face Of Boe, Reaper etc also bombed, which is why CO is now doing BAF's to get the bigger figures out there. Maybe having had their fingers burnt a couple of times with this stuff, they've now decided to say "forget it just concerntrate on the kids".

That said it doesn't help when the guy in charge of the line comes off like a collosal ass in the interview he gives. How many kids did he seriously think were going to read that online interview? Obviously didn't twig he was insulting his actual audience there.:rolleyes:

According to Doctorwhotoys.net:

Classic Releases "Confirmed"

6th October 2008

* Dalek Collectors Set #2 - Imperial Dalek, Renegade Supreme Dalek & +1 Dalek to be confirmed
* Third Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver
* Seventh Doctor with 3 Variants of Umbrella
* Eighth Doctor with changeable Head
* Mummy with Urn
* Ice Warrior with Gun
* Morbius Monster with Solon
* V9 Robot and Stickers TBC

Thanks KD

As much as I'd like to believe that list is accurate the fact that it originated at doctorwhotoys.net has me thinking it's BS.
And wasn't the 7th Doctor's umbrella one of the things the prat at Character Options didn't like personally so won't be getting made?

Yeah.... It has been shot down. Though I am glad the part about Pertwee being in wave 2 was not shot down. :D

Yeah.... It has been shot down. Though I am glad the part about Pertwee being in wave 2 was not shot down. :D

Jon Pertwee is top of my most wanted Doctors list ( not counting the 7 or 8 other versions of Tom Baker I want ) so if he's possibly going to be in wave 2 then that's awesome.

I think more Dalek 3-packs are pretty likely too,they are like the Who equivalent of Clone Troopers so they'll keep cranking those out to get maximum use out of the molds and if the Genesis one ever gets a single release I would quite possibly get a crapload of them.

Last edited:

The Tenth Planet Cyberman seems to have gone missing from that list. I wonder if that means we're getting a Cyberman army builder set?

Thats what I am hoping too. It would be great to get a Tenth Planet, Tomb, and a Revenge Cyberman.

Thats what I am hoping too. It would be great to get a Tenth Planet, Tomb, and a Revenge Cyberman.

Yes! Actually the last word straight from CO hinted the second triple pack would not be the Daleks after all ... I wonder if it's been replaced by something like this?

Another rumour at doctorwhotoys suggests a Robots of Death set consisting of,
1 "Dumb" Voc
1 "Super" Voc
2 of the gold Vocs
Plus some extras including removable corpse markers,something called a Laserson Probe & alternate "damaged" heads

Given the source of the rumour I'd take it with a large pinch of salt but as only the new extras would need tooling I actually wouldn't be suprised to see this one happen though I'd much prefer a Cyberman set or another lot of Daleks.

New Series 4 stuff has been announced (though technically the Time Lord is series 3):

thumbnailgenerator.jpg

I am loving the vashta narada. I'll definitely be getting 3 of those and 1 Riversong and possibly 3 Time Lords.

So only 4 new figures? River, Vashta Narada, Time Lord and Hath? Talk about anti-climactic.

The Time Lord will make a nice stand in for a Classic one but I couldn't care less about the others.
Classic wave 2 protos are what I REALLY want to see.

Quick update from my site:

The latest episode of ‘Timeslip’ – my ongoing comic series – is now up! The strip goes back to ‘Rose’ and asks what would have happened had the Doctor met H.P.Wilson instead of Rose.

Episode 3 – ‘The Heart of the Planet’ – takes Peter and the Doctor to the planet Deeta Mina 12V, but is it quite as the Doctor remembers?

Have a look and please leave comments – they take weeks to make so I appreciate all feedback, good and bad!

A hint though – read episode 1 and 2 first so you know what’s going on!

There’s loads more coming to Doctor Who Figures Online soon, so keep an eye out, especially on our forum which is seeing loads happening – it’s bustling, busy and friendly.

Hope you enjoy the comic, please leave feedback for the future!

And also check out the advert for it, made by the incredibly talented A64 here - https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyhIs6a1gs

Want a hint for the next episode? Well let’s just say I recommend this B&B – https://www.themasterweb.co.uk/monopoly

Quick update from my site:

The latest episode of ‘Timeslip’ – my ongoing comic series – is now up! The strip goes back to ‘Rose’ and asks what would have happened had the Doctor met H.P.Wilson instead of Rose.

Episode 3 – ‘The Heart of the Planet’ – takes Peter and the Doctor to the planet Deeta Mina 12V, but is it quite as the Doctor remembers?

Have a look and please leave comments – they take weeks to make so I appreciate all feedback, good and bad!

A hint though – read episode 1 and 2 first so you know what’s going on!

There’s loads more coming to Doctor Who Figures Online soon, so keep an eye out, especially on our forum which is seeing loads happening – it’s bustling, busy and friendly.

Hope you enjoy the comic, please leave feedback for the future!

And also check out the advert for it, made by the incredibly talented A64 here - https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyhIs6a1gs

Want a hint for the next episode? Well let’s just say I recommend this B&B – https://www.themasterweb.co.uk/monopoly

Just an FYI, this site isn't a place for you to just pop up when you are looking to whore out your site. It is not looked kindly upon at all, and all 4 of your posts have only been to pimp out your site and not actually add much to the discussion.

Back