New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I wonder if WhoNA will have the classic figs at GenCon... :confused: It'd be nice to just pick 'em up and not pay shipping charges.

Here is a great post from DWF:

Perhaps the easiest custom in the world

P1000622.jpg

But beware, the fifth doctor has the standard lug at the bottom of his neck but the sixth doc has a hole that fits a lug in his body.

So you will have to make a lug or glue the head into place.

Just need to paint on mud stains now.

I will definitely need to be getting doubles of these after all. The desire to have regeneration versions of all docs is too strong. :google

He would make for an interesting Doc. I haven't heard anything official about him nor whether Tennant is even going to leave.

James Nesbitt wouldn't be my first choice but to be honest I'll accept pretty much anyone in the role if it means no more David Tennant.
That custom 6th Doctor looks pretty good and I'm very tempted to do the same thing as the spare body could then be used for a regeneration version of the 7th Doctor using the head from the Classics wave 2 figure.
We'd need Character Options to make a season 18 costume 4th Doctor to do a regeneration version of the 5th though.

So I guess thats one good reason why McCoy is coming without the hat. It just would have looked wrong having him in 6's clothes but 7's hat. :lol

The answer to my question is no, in case anybody was wondering. :monkey2

Replying to myself again, WhoNA just put classic figures on the table today! If they don't sell out there, I'm sure they will be on the web site very soon!

I went to my local Forbidden Planet store today and discovered they had all the Classics apart from the Dalek 3-pack in stock which was great news as it means my pre-orders should be here soon :)

I went to my local Forbidden Planet store today and discovered they had all the Classics apart from the Dalek 3-pack in stock which was great news as it means my pre-orders should be here soon :)

Wish I knew the status of my forbiddenplanet.co.uk orders. That's my big complaint is that there's no way to see if they have shipped or not without contacting customer service. I had most of the Series 4 wave and Docs 4 and 6 and I've heard nothing so far.

Wish I knew the status of my forbiddenplanet.co.uk orders. That's my big complaint is that there's no way to see if they have shipped or not without contacting customer service. I had most of the Series 4 wave and Docs 4 and 6 and I've heard nothing so far.

Haha and like that I have my 4 and 6 coming to me soon! Soon they shall join 5 9 and 10. Now where are 7 and 8?! :lol I think we are all but assured of getting that second wave.

Now while Im here I have a question - for the Mods. Would it be possible to change the title to "Character's Doctor Who figures (Classic and New)" ? It seems this IS the main discussion thread now. If it's easier we can just dump the (Classic and New) bit.

Wow! Thanks for the pics guys. The sculpt on Tom is fantastic. Are these in stores now?

Wow! Thanks for the pics guys. The sculpt on Tom is fantastic. Are these in stores now?

If you manage to find them, yes they are. Problem is that they sell incredibly fast so you need to be at a store or on line as soon as they come in other wise you most likely are going to have a hard time getting them.

If you manage to find them, yes they are. Problem is that they sell incredibly fast so you need to be at a store or on line as soon as they come in other wise you most likely are going to have a hard time getting them.

Thanks. It's good news that there selling well as Character Options will hopefully, continue and expand the line.

A heads up for UK collectors,
I just got back from my local Tesco supermarket and was pleasantly suprised to find most of Classics wave 1 for £7.99 each.
I didn't get any due to already having them pre-ordered but when the new Argos catalogue didn't have any Classics in it I wasn't expecting the mainstream stores to get them so I hope the initial waves do well enough to make it worthwhile for the supermarkets to continue to stock them as it'll save me a few quid on postage.

Last edited:

Does anyone have any pictures of the UK Doctor Figures that I read somewhere were selling for $1000? What were they produced for?

Does anyone have any pictures of the UK Doctor Figures that I read somewhere were selling for $1000? What were they produced for?

I'm not sure but that could be the set I've heard referred to as the UK100. That's just like the SDCC Time Crash set (5th & 10th Doctors) but slightly repackaged without the SDCC edition number, Top Trumps card, or whatever else marked it as a SDCC exclusive. Where the SDCC edition was limited to 3000 and numbered, this run was limited to 100 and numbered. The UK100 was also sold only in the UK and direct from CO. I think it was offered through the Doctor Who Forum. It seems the set is going for a lot on ebay.

I might have some of the info wrong since I haven't been paying much attention.Two sites that might have more info and pictures are:
https://www.doctorwhoactionfiguresonline.co.uk https://www.doctorwhotoys.net

The 'UK100' was a set of figures that were released via the Character Options customer service line and only revealed on the doctorwhoforum by Character Options.

I was lucky enough to get a set and had the pleasure of freeing celeried Davison from his plastic prison as soon as it arrived.

There are two differences from the SDCC 3000 sets - the lack of numbered sticker and no Top Trump Card.

Everything else is exactly the same.

Apart from the price that you can now expect to pay for one.

I'ds realistically say that there's only about 1/2 of these sets actually left carded as the majority of us just opened them up because we wanted our Celeried 5.

Hi everyone!

Confused by the multitude of new figures?

Over on Doctor Who Figures Online (www.drwhofigures.co.uk) we are keen to help you with your figure collecting.

As such we have:

A Complete List

https://www.drwhofigures.co.uk/content/view/164/44/ - A complete list showing every single rerelease and variation

List showing one of every figure

https://www.drwhofigures.co.uk/content/view/199/44/ - One of every figure is listed here. Tick them off when you have them!

Figure Capsules

By clicking the names of each figure on the page mentioned above you can visit the figure capsule. These include pictures, reviews and more for every figure!

Upcoming Figures

https://www.drwhofigures.co.uk/content/view/101/77/ - A list updated every day so you know exactly where to find the figures as well as what's out and what isn't

Our Forum

Our popular forum with thousands of posts about the figures and Doctor Who in general!

...and loads more!

From pictures, customisations and comics to games and more!

Make sure to check us out at www.drwhofigures.co.uk and if there's anything missing let me know and I'll try to add it!

Enjoy!

Doctor Who Figures Online - Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane and Adventures action figures and toys information.

Back