New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

CO is the mother company while Underground Toys are the American Distributor. Same toys.

Now it makes sense - thanks.

So any recommendations for one of these figures which is representative of
the 5 inch lines in terms of quality? thinking I should get one to try, since I
am used to 1/6 lines.

For the new series: Face of Boe. I love the scale of it or the Flight Control TARDIS.
For the classic series my favorite piece are the cybermen.

Now it makes sense - thanks.

So any recommendations for one of these figures which is representative of
the 5 inch lines in terms of quality? thinking I should get one to try, since I
am used to 1/6 lines.

With the Classics you can't really go wrong whichever you get because even the weakest one ( Sea Devil ) is decent.

I'm trying to come up to speed on the 5 inch lines - are CO and Underground Toys both doing these? are they similar quality? I saw the post above
by WST re Mike's Comics webstore - I looked there and immediately got overwhelmed by the numerous offerings.

They really need to take the older stuff off that is no longer available, I agree. :)

Yeah, that Mike's Comics site is a mess. Ordering seems like a bit of a hassle.

This may help you get a look at the classic and NU figures less confusingly:
https://doctorwhotoys.net/classics.htm

All the Classic sculpts are gorgeous I think except for the just hitting now "Morbius", so it's been a good track record. The Sea Devil figure was unfortunately bland, but looked better painted up.

Yeah, that Mike's Comics site is a mess. Ordering seems like a bit of a hassle.

There's also WHONA to order from as a nice alternative if it helps you out. They are more organized, but things sell through faster. It's all a matter of who has what you're looking for. You might want to check Amazon as well to compare prices.

Incidentally, Impulse Creations are selling Classic Wave 2 as separate figures!!! :horror

If you ordered Classics Wave 2 from WhoNA they are shipping them out to buyers today.

I got mine from Mike.. I hope he ships his out today.

STILL waiting for my "Earthshock" Cyberman from FP but I went to my local Tesco today and saw that the toy aisle is in the process of being restocked and a label for Classics wave 2 was below an empty space on the shelf so hopefully I'll be able to score a couple more from there in the next few days.

the 2010 Tonner lines were announced and Who and Torchwood are not on there, however, as a 2009 line they still show up on their website with "In approval at BBC" whatever that means.

Prolly means the actors turned Tonner down for likeness issues.

I wonder why? :naughty

Good news for my US buddies as according to a message I got from WST a short time ago Mike's Comics had literally just received their shipment of Classic wave 2 when he 'phoned to update his payment info.

My Cyberman has been posted from FP so I should have my first one by the weekend and my local Tesco will have wave 2 next Wednesday!

Awesome. Too bad its off set with Plat pushing their release date for the End of Time figures to Feb 12th. :banghead

Awesome. Too bad its off set with Plat pushing their release date for the End of Time figures to Feb 12th. :banghead

I dunno why their deliveries are so late as Argos have had 'em for over a week and it looks like they'll be showing up at Tesco too as the label for them is next to the one for Classic wave 2 in my local store.
If I see a Regen 11 and the Narrator during the week I'll pick them up and then cancel the ones from Play.com so you get them a bit quicker.

Looking ahead I think it's a safe bet that if the Classic line continues we'll get the rest of the Cybermen as most of the parts have already been made,

Cyberman & Cyber Leader from "Revenge of the Cybermen" = retool thicker handlebars and maybe a new chest piece onto the "Invasion" mold.

Cyber Leader from "Earthshock" = straight repaint.

Cyberman,black Cyberman, Cyber Leader & Cyber Controller from "Attack of the Cybermen" = retooled boots on the "Earthshock" mold plus a new headsculpt for the Controller.

Cyberman & Cyber Leader from "The Silver Nemesis" = Look the same as the ones from "Attack of the Cybermen".

Back