New display case @ Ikea, FABRIKÖR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE the Fabrikor...made a special two hour plus trip to IKEA to grab one once I discovered it here. I showcase my Kenner SW Vintage run and I think it looks pretty snazzy.

vintagecase_zpsec33ccb4.jpg

Looks great! Nice collection too:hi5:

(It locks right? keep the kid's grubby mits off the collectibles :rotfl)

I'm not sure why anyone puts the Detolf directly on the floor when it's so straight forward to grab a cabinet at Ikea at the same time to put under it. ;) Pics in my office thread.

This thing is 22 inches wide, Detolf is under 16" - that's plenty of space where the corners won't be obscuring much. IMO, the corners are the least problematic issue.

But you can say that again. ;)

The main reason I don't do it is simply because I haven't found a fitting cabinet to put under it stock, and I don't want to go around modding cabinets I bought since I'd most likely screw up.. :(

The main reason I don't do it is simply because I haven't found a fitting cabinet to put under it stock, and I don't want to go around modding cabinets I bought since I'd most likely screw up.. :(

I can understand wanting to stay away from things like cutting down a cabinet, most definitely. With the right tools it's not a big deal, but most people don't have a table saw around to make quick work of it.

If you're still interested in lifting up your Detolf however, you should browse carefully through the whole IKEA store the next time you visit - make sure you have your Detolf dimensions handy and bring a tape measure with you, or grab one of the paper measuring tapes in the Kitchen (and other) sections at the store. I've seen a number of products at Ikea that would work very well for lifting up one or more Detolf cabinets that wouldn't require any cutting modifications. There should be something for everyone there.

I think it'll cool if you put Universal Monster Premium formats
or 12" Figures. Maybe with some environments and 1/4..1/6 scale props.
The display case has a bit of old fasioned scietist vibe.

More stylish and better looking than detolf, but I don't think is going to fit more than two 1/4 pf's in there. Have to c it in person.

might to check that out sometime. I wonder if the DROM and Sauron pfs would fit in there next to each other.

I actually was planning on buying bestas however once I got to ikea I saw this and I strangely started to like it. I hated how it looked on the website. I only have a small collection md I think bestas aren't actually made to a very high quality so when I would only have 2 you could really notice this, plus theya re huge and my room is tiny. I think bestas look best as a large group together which is something I don't need for now.

So anyways I bought this! really glad I did in the end! it's perfect for those with a small collection. Will post pictures later ;)

I really like this cabinet. I think this is especially great for one or two focus pieces that you want to stand out. And I like that it's already elevated.

I just wish the colors were different. White would've been better than the beige, IMO, and black better than the gray. And that green......*shudders*....

I still want to get one, though.

I actually was planning on buying bestas however once I got to ikea I saw this and I strangely started to like it. I hated how it looked on the website. I only have a small collection md I think bestas aren't actually made to a very high quality so when I would only have 2 you could really notice this, plus theya re huge and my room is tiny. I think bestas look best as a large group together which is something I don't need for now.

So anyways I bought this! really glad I did in the end! it's perfect for those with a small collection. Will post pictures later ;)

Can you please post the inner dimensions? I was planning on getting two of these in the future and displaying two large pieces inside, but don't know if they would fit.

Hey guys sorry its taken so long to get the pictures up!!! I have no idea what the inner dimensions are for them sorry, Storm and SW next to each other is around 60cm wide and they just fit in next to each other, theres plenty of length though. They are perfect for 1 PF per shelf, but can hold 2.

DSC04788_zps95180b40.jpg

DSC04816_zps3b7b13d5.jpg

DSC04826_zps3fc4afd1.jpg

I also had a problem with the door being thick so I came up with the clever idea of turning it around :p there is great overall visibility you can pretty much see the whole statue which is great!

Back