New display case @ Ikea, FABRIKÖR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys sorry its taken so long to get the pictures up!!! I have no idea what the inner dimensions are for them sorry, Storm and SW next to each other is around 60cm wide and they just fit in next to each other, theres plenty of length though. They are perfect for 1 PF per shelf, but can hold 2.

you don't have measuring tape? :dunno

Does look nice Harpie :clap
A lot of money to display two statues though.

you could also put something on top. Unlike the Detolf, this looks like it will keep out more dust, plus it's elevated. Detolfs just look really cheap to me. when I move, I will be giving mine away. You can adjust the shelves on this too. I don't think I could put large statues in a Besta and still be able to use doors. I was thinking of getting one of these for the DROM pf.

I've seen this several times in store and never liked the look of it but Harpielads set up does look quite nice.
I only have one Detolf which works fine for me.
Love my Besta, have them all over the house now.

look good, but seriously all that space + money to display 2 statues? :)

Personally, I think that's where this cabinet excels - it works really well to show off those one or two pieces.

If you have something in your collection that's more of a favorite piece or something of higher value that you want to have "pop" and not let get lost amongst your other items, this works perfectly, IMO. The cabinet itself stands out because of its design, and it draws your eye to it and what's inside of it.

As for the price, I feel it's worth the money. It's less than $200 dollars and depending on what exactly you place in it, could very well still be cheaper than your items. :dunno

Looks nice, but only suits Collectibles of a certain style IMO.
IKEA sell legs separately for those wanting to raise the detolf, but could effect the stability I guess esp on carpet

I'll have to see these in person before I decide. Bestas are good for the smaller 1/4 pieces, but I think a couple of these could be cool for some of the 30in or taller pieces. I don't think these would look good in a crammed room, they need to be spaced out.

Detolf can look like it's out of a museum if you elevate it on a cabinet. It's without question the best bang for your buck anywhere on the planet - even years after its initial release. Keep your room clean and you won't have a problem with dust. Hell, I have cut wood, sanded, soldered and done all kinds of other crazy crap in my office while building-out and setting up without any kind of significant dust getting into any of my Detolf units. If I wasn't doing that kind of thing they'd be pristine all the time. Invest in a vacuum cleaner and/or some kind of swifter type mop to keep the joint clean - that will take care of the dust.

More stylish and better looking than detolf, but I don't think is going to fit more than two 1/4 pf's in there. Have to c it in person.

That old fashioned looking crap is "more stylish and better looking" than the detolf? Yeah ok.

I don't think these would look good in a crammed room, they need to be spaced out.

Definitely agree with this. I just bought one over the weekend and placed it in a corner. It's not immediately next to my other shelves, and it looks great to me. Right next to the rest would look weird and out of place.

Though my current plans in my head when I move next year is that it's probably going to be in a different room.

That old fashioned looking crap is "more stylish and better looking" than the detolf? Yeah ok.

It just kind of depends on the style someone prefers, totally subjective. I like the look of both for different reasons.

I love certain modern looks, but I also have a rather deep love for old fashioned style furniture as well. My dream home would be a mixture of both - one room might be all modern, another all antique looking.

According to the Ikea website they are - they're width is 22 1/2" with a depth of 18 1/2", while a Detolf has a width of 16 3/4" with a depth of over 14". But with the metal frame around it, it probably doesn't look it at first glance.

I don't get whats so antique looking about these. Just cause they are metal? The grey looks good.

You have to be at least a little bit into history or furniture design I suppose. These cases are visual throw-backs to the metal office and lab type furniture of the 50's and earlier. I think they're great.

Coincidentally, nearly an identical cabinet in tonight's episode of hostages. In green in the school nurse's office with med supplies.

I live in a loft with mostly industrial styled furniture so these would work great! I've been looking for a vintage medical cabinet but they are mad expensive and usually need work.

First post btw. :clap

Does look nice Harpie :clap
A lot of money to display two statues though.

Cheers, well it can hold 2 on each shelf obviously depending on the size of the PF but storm and sw both fit on 1 shelf fine. Honestly you get so much coverage of them its great.

I only have 2 PF at the moment so my collection is small, but the way I look at it is I will be able to fit 4 in it (Plus 1 on the top if I really have to) But 4 statues, the besta which costs £135 could fit 6 so I am housing 4 for £150 but the unit is so sturdy and extremely high quality something I cant say about the besta.

Also been in there a month and I am happy to say there is 0 dust inside, I have had to dust the outside (Mainly the top) twice and thats it!

Back